Candidates distancing themselves from comments

kida

I don't know who started first, but I'm just going to provide one example per (remaining) candidate:

1. John McCain and Bill Cunningham
At an event for John McCain, radio host Bill Cunningham repeatedly used Barack Obama's middle name, Hussein, in what some considered an attempt at fear-mongering. McCain denounced Cunningham's comments and said that's not how he wanted to run his campaign. Cunningham said he was going to join Ann Coulter and vote for Hillary.

2. Barack Obama and Samantha Power
Power was one of Obama's senior foreign policy advisors, but after she called Hillary Clinton "a monster" who is "stooping to anything," she quickly resigned and Obama quickly denounced her comments. He also had to denounce the support of Louis Farrakhan, leader of the controversial Nation of Islam.

3. Hillary Clinton and Geraldine Ferraro
After Ferraro, one of Clinton's finance committee members (and was Walter Mondale's v.p. candidate in 1984) said "if Obama was a white man, he would not be in this position. And if he was a woman he would not be in this position. He happens to be very lucky to be who he is. And the country is caught up in the concept," Clinton had pretty much no choice but to accept her resignation. Ferraro didn't go as quickly as Powers did, though. She defended her statements, and even accused Obama's campaign of calling her a racist.

Is it all getting a little petty and defensive? Maybe everyone in Washington needs one of these: :chillpill:

On a side note, why would Clinton say "she has resigned from being a member of my very large finance committee"? (emphasis mine). Why not just "my finance committee"?

Werbung:
Back