CHRISTIANITY is EVIL!

The Old Testament is what you're referring to as evil. I wasn't saying that YOU were referring to beasts. I was displaying the symbolic references in Revelation.

"They're the only ones following the full and complete Christian doctrine"
--That's complete B.S.!!! What about Apostolic Succession??? How can a self-proclaimed preacher know what Apostolic Succession entails????

"I have read the entire book. These sections are a part of it. Christianity is evil, depicting its warlike leaders drenched in blood, laying waste to nations that do not fall in line with its way of thinking. It clearly shows that those who do not adhere to the Christian doctrine are infidels and are killed by God and tortured in hell forever. God has even encouraged His followers to murder and slaughter; He has defined women as simple sex objects for men; and He has made numerous exceptions in his own rules in order to trick common people into going to Hell and to keep his own closest supporters from winding up there."
--Again, Old Testament. The only exception to this is the debate subsequent to the death and Resurrection of Christ between Peter (who advocated what Jesus wanted: tolerance, 'golden rule,' etc. And, who later went to Rome and founded the original Church [Catholicism] and Apostolic Succession) and Paul (the former slayer of Christians who wanted to keep the old Jewish laws, intolerance, etc).
--However, if you allow all of the bloodshed, intolerance, and hate that accompany far too many 'Christians' to portray Christianity in-and-of-itself, I can understand your motivation for making the claim that Christianity is evil.

Werbung:
The Old Testament is what you're referring to as evil. I wasn't saying that YOU were referring to beasts. I was displaying the symbolic references in Revelation.
Symbolism? In a religious text? You're joking.

--That's complete B.S.!!! What about Apostolic Succession??? How can a self-proclaimed preacher know what Apostolic Succession entails????
Irrelevant. There is nothing about it in the Bible.

Again, Old Testament. The only exception to this is the debate subsequent to the death and Resurrection of Christ between Peter (who advocated what Jesus wanted: tolerance, 'golden rule,' etc. And, who later went to Rome and founded the original Church [Catholicism] and Apostolic Succession) and Paul (the former slayer of Christians who wanted to keep the old Jewish laws, intolerance, etc).
5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
Jesus wanted to keep the "old Jewish laws" too.

"Jesus wanted to keep the "old Jewish laws" too."
--That's TOTALLY your interpretation.

"Irrelevant. There is nothing about it in the Bible."
--That's a pretty short-sided logic on your part. People like you bring up the Crusades and other regrettable incidences subsequent to the Bible all the time when complaining about Christianity itself. Sure Christianity entails the Bible, but it is also constituted by events subsequent to the Bible.

"Symbolism? In a religious text? You're joking."
--Don't be an a$$ho!e. You just said that Fundamentalists (who find NO symbolism in the Bible) are the only ones who truly follow Christian Doctrine. Hahahahaha!!!

I find it hard to believe that you've actually read, much less STUDIED the ENTIRE Bible (cover to cover) if you were just trying to find ways to discredit it the whole time. If you did, get a life man!!! There are better ways to spend the short time we've got here on this rock.

"Jesus wanted to keep the "old Jewish laws" too."
--That's TOTALLY your interpretation.
Bull. Look at the quote. He is clearly saying "I didn't come to undo what they said and did, I came to uphold it." What else could that passage mean?

"Irrelevant. There is nothing about it in the Bible."
--That's a pretty short-sided logic on your part. People like you bring up the Crusades and other regrettable incidences subsequent to the Bible all the time when complaining about Christianity itself. Sure Christianity entails the Bible, but it is also constituted by events subsequent to the Bible.
Still irrelevant. My issue is with the doctrine of Christianity, which is evil.

"Symbolism? In a religious text? You're joking."
--Don't be an a$$ho!e. You just said that Fundamentalists (who find NO symbolism in the Bible) are the only ones who truly follow Christian Doctrine. Hahahahaha!!!

You must live in a fantasy world, where words don't mean what they mean.

You know though...there are plenty of Christians who bash Islam for the same reasons that you say Christianity is evil. Those folks are the worst of the hypocrites.

"Bull. Look at the quote. He is clearly saying "I didn't come to undo what they said and did, I came to uphold it." What else could that passage mean?"
--How do you know he wasn't referring to the original law that God gave to man???

"Still irrelevant. My issue is with the doctrine of Christianity, which is evil."
--Ok..since you're talking strictly about the DOCTRINE, I'll concede this one to you. But, the doctrine is not evil if you take a 'big picture' approach to it.

"You must live in a fantasy world, where words don't mean what they mean."
--No I live in the REAL world where things have a deeper meaning. Sorry, but the quotes you're referring to were written a long, long time before the Modernist Movement.

meh, I'm not very religious in the contemporary sense. But let me say that religion is not an evil, regardless of which you've chosen. People are evil, people are good. Now combined, you can have evil people who follow any religion and good people who follow any religion. But this can all be said for anything. So really it's not the big issue. The true issue is that all religions are interpreted, there is no correct manner of instituting the words written thousands of years ago and translated a 100 times. A good man can misread a good book and believe an evil thing. This is the problem.

That's funny

I won't comment on the issue he nitpicks. I just want to say its always vyo. It's always this guy who's wrong on all the issues and grasps for utter destruction. I suggest to you, other members of this board, if you know what's good for you, stay away from Vyo.

I won't comment on the issue he nitpicks. I just want to say its always vyo. It's always this guy who's wrong on all the issues and grasps for utter destruction. I suggest to you, other members of this board, if you know what's good for you, stay away from Vyo.

Oh, I'm just that evil :)

Actually, Justinian, I ought to let you know that I don't really believe any of what I wrote in this thread. I did it to prove a point - that picking at the weaknesses in any religious text can show that it is "evil."

By the way, personal attacks in lieu of actual argument will get you no where on this board.

Weakness in a religion is a sign that there's no faith. The more
faith that's put into any religion makes that belief that much
stronger. I am a strong believer in Islam plus my Muslim faith,
and if I was a weakly then what good would I be to myself?

I would not go as far as dying before my time, but I would
fight for what I believe in, and I might go a little farther by
saying I would die for what I believe in..that's not being weak.

You know who what is really evil about Christianity? That there are people who, because of Christianity, devote their life to serving others, opening soup kitchens to the homeless, and helping teen mothers find adoptees for their babies. Man, they are evil personified. I mean, why should we focus on the good that Christianity has done? Let us focus on all the bad stuff, and then criticize people who do the same of Islam.:rolleyes:

You know who what is really evil about Christianity? That there are people who, because of Christianity, devote their life to serving others, opening soup kitchens to the homeless, and helping teen mothers find adoptees for their babies. Man, they are evil personified. I mean, why should we focus on the good that Christianity has done? Let us focus on all the bad stuff, and then criticize people who do the same of Islam.:rolleyes:

He's right. If you make the case that Christianity is evil, you can make the equal case that Christianity is good.

Werbung:
I think the discussion is based on some fallacies. First, the Bible doesn't have any provable connection to God--if God exists--and there is no proof of that either. Second, Christianity is such a diverse group, with more than 2500 sects around the world today (more than one new one for every year since Jesus birth!) that making any kind of blanket statement about Christianity--good or evil--will be incorrect.

I don't get into the argument about Islam because I don't live in an Islamic country and my reading of Jewish texts and the Koran lead me to believe that, like the Bible, they are all probably products of the same general bunch of desert dwelling tribesmen who--in my opinion--had been out in the sun too long. Anyone who wants to see the Bible in a different light should obtain a copy of Ben Edward Akerley's THE X-RATED BIBLE in which he looks at all the scriptures that Christians don't really want to talk about. A close reading of the Bible might convince a thoughtful person that the Biblical god was a violent, tyrant with a bad anal fetish considering that he threatened to smear people's faces with their own feces and force to people to bake bread with their own feces and go out in public to eat it. We put people in prison for the kind of behavior that the Biblical god exhibited: genocide, child abuse, animal abuse, murder... you name it and the Bible attributes it to god. Hence, I throw out most of the Bible except the good teachings of Jesus and keep the God with whom I have had a relationship all my life.

Back