CHRISTIANITY is EVIL!

We put people in prison for the kind of behavior that the Biblical god exhibited: genocide, child abuse, animal abuse, murder... you name it and the Bible attributes it to god. Hence, I throw out most of the Bible except the good teachings of Jesus and keep the God with whom I have had a relationship all my life.

One of my favorite stories is the prophet who called on God to bring bears down out of the woods to attack some children who were making fun of his bald head. Yikes! That'll keep your kids up at night! ;)

Werbung:
You know who what is really evil about Christianity? That there are people who, because of Christianity, devote their life to serving others, opening soup kitchens to the homeless, and helping teen mothers find adoptees for their babies. Man, they are evil personified. I mean, why should we focus on the good that Christianity has done? Let us focus on all the bad stuff, and then criticize people who do the same of Islam.:rolleyes:

There are also soup kitchens run by non-religious organizations. This proves the entire world is simply full of evil people and we're all doomed DOOMED! DOOOOOOOOOOMED!

satire aside, religion being open to interpretation can be interpreted in a negative form. this can be said for any religion, belief, or whatever. religion itself is nothing without it's people, badly informed and ignorant execution of a religions interpreted rules lead to an evil religion in action. without those people however, it is simply neutral.

Religion can be evil if people use it as a tool for evil, just like if a militant atheist/agnostic group started up.

One of my favorite stories is the prophet who called on God to bring bears down out of the woods to attack some children who were making fun of his bald head. Yikes! That'll keep your kids up at night! ;)

Makes you all warm and fuzzy doesn't it? I like the part where God explains which women can be taken as spoils of war and how they can be disposed of if they don't perfom well enough while you are raping them. I know that I want to spend eternity with a god like that.

If I found out that the Christian God, or Allah was God I'd make out I was keen to go to heaven, but secretley I don't think I would be at all.

If I found out that the Christian God, or Allah was God I'd make out I was keen to go to heaven, but secretley I don't think I would be at all.

I wrote a story kinda like that once.

I was sitting around in the library, nothing to do, trying to think of something to write, when it hit me - "Wouldn't it be hysterical if the Catholics were right all along?"

I think one of my biggest deals with neoconchristianity is that the bible has a whole spiel about god giving ME freewill so I COULD choose and yada yada, yet I have all these knowmoreholierthanthous with corn cobs up their arses trying to force their assumed values on me. Where'd my freewill of the bible go, if I don't have it and am forced into a specific cadre insisting a behave "according to [their interpretation] of the bible" will I go to their assumed heaven since technically it wasn't me who made the choice to not do evil but rather them for me? I'm confused.

/baaa-baaaa...the sound of sheeple.

Thought I'd borrow some of pale rider's and jb's logic to prove a point.

That's from the Book of Genesis - Lot, who was formerly declared a "just" and "righteous" man in the book, offers his two virgin daughters to an angry mob to keep them away from God's messengers.

Seems like they're in love...but wait a minute...

So much for love...Dinah's brothers go and slaughter not only the guy who "defiled" her, but also his father and the rest of the town.

And so much for Dinah...at best they're chastising her for giving away her virginity before marriage. At worst they're equating a victim of rape to a whore. Way to go.

Kinda speaks for itself.

That's it for Genesis...we'll be taking a look at Exodus in the next post.

The Bible is very very clear that no one in the entire world is good enough to called righteous based on their own works or actions.

Finding examples of people in the bible who did things that were wrong just shows their humanity and the honesty of God by including their warts in their biographies.

lot was righteous becuase he never did or would never do anything wrong, he was declared righteuous because he had faith.

God always credits faith as righteousness - this is a central fact of Christianity. Have you done something you knew was wrong? Then you are stained. If you want to be cleaned then that can only be accomplished by grace through faith.

The Bible is very very clear that no one in the entire world is good enough to called righteous based on their own works or actions.

Finding examples of people in the bible who did things that were wrong just shows their humanity and the honesty of God by including their warts in their biographies.

lot was righteous becuase he never did or would never do anything wrong, he was declared righteuous because he had faith.

God always credits faith as righteousness - this is a central fact of Christianity. Have you done something you knew was wrong? Then you are stained. If you want to be cleaned then that can only be accomplished by grace through faith.

The icky things that God's "good" people do in the Bible don't bother me nearly as much as the ghastly stuff that God supposedly did. You can excuse people for being nasty, but God? This is God we're talking about, isn't He supposed to be... well, godly? The Bible portrays Him as being a monster. So is that stuff not true? Is the Bible guilty of spreading blasphemy?

The icky things that God's "good" people do in the Bible don't bother me nearly as much as the ghastly stuff that God supposedly did. You can excuse people for being nasty, but God? This is God we're talking about, isn't He supposed to be... well, godly? The Bible portrays Him as being a monster. So is that stuff not true? Is the Bible guilty of spreading blasphemy?

I don't think he is portrayed as being a monster. Doing things that you don't like don't make him a monster - it just makes you less knowledgeable about the reasons he does things.

At this point people usually say but he told the jews to kill whole groups of people. yes but he only commands the end of cities of wicked people, like sodom and gomorrah. And he searches for reasons not to destroy them.

Mind you all of these people were going to die some day anyway and it was God who was going to decide when anyway. He just decided sooner rather than later and during a war rather than from some other cause.

Yes we don't understand how he can condemn whole cities including the very young rather than just the Hitlers of the world. That just means we don't understand.

I don't think he is portrayed as being a monster. Doing things that you don't like don't make him a monster - it just makes you less knowledgeable about the reasons he does things.

At this point people usually say but he told the jews to kill whole groups of people. yes but he only commands the end of cities of wicked people, like sodom and gomorrah. And he searches for reasons not to destroy them.

Mind you all of these people were going to die some day anyway and it was God who was going to decide when anyway. He just decided sooner rather than later and during a war rather than from some other cause.

Yes we don't understand how he can condemn whole cities including the very young rather than just the Hitlers of the world. That just means we don't understand.

Funny, it's kind of interesting to hear someone being an apologist for genocide. Yep, every man, woman, child, and suckling babe (if I have the quote correct) all were to be slaughtered, and all their animals. Hmmm, the children and the animals didn't commit any sins. And when God killed EVERYBODY on the planet--except Noah--including all the animals, that's justice?

What about demeaning people by telling them to bake bread with their own feces, and then go out in public amongst their enemies and eat that bread? What about threatening to smear people's faces with their own fecal matter? What about telling a Father to sacrifice his son on an altar? We put people in prison for that kind of behavior. There's nothing godly about it.

Funny, it's kind of interesting to hear someone being an apologist for genocide. Yep, every man, woman, child, and suckling babe (if I have the quote correct) all were to be slaughtered, and all their animals. Hmmm, the children and the animals didn't commit any sins. And when God killed EVERYBODY on the planet--except Noah--including all the animals, that's justice?

Apparently it was justice. The Bible clearly said they were wicked.

What about demeaning people by telling them to bake bread with their own feces, and then go out in public amongst their enemies and eat that bread? What about threatening to smear people's faces with their own fecal matter? What about telling a Father to sacrifice his son on an altar? We put people in prison for that kind of behavior. There's nothing godly about it.

I don't recognize your references to feces.

Try to step outside of your own ethnocentric ideas to see that there are different ways to look at the world and your way is not the only right way.

I myself do not completely understand asking a father to sacrifice his son but since the father didn't seem to have any problem with it I guess by his standards he didn't think it was that bad. Perhaps both the father and his God understood that the sacrifice would never happen.

Animals and children were wicked? I've no use for people who simply buy whatever they're told if it comes from a recognized source of authority. Rape, slavery, selling children, treating women as the spoils of war, all of these things are in the Bible as being acceptable behavior. Along with those pleasant things are prohibitions against mixing fibers in clothing, associating with a woman having her period, cutting portions of the head hair, etc. The things you accept as Commandments from God are just as weird as the Mormon sacred, secret underwear.

I don't recognize your references to feces.
Ezekiel 4:10-17 Bake bread with human feces and eat it among your enemies.
Malachi 2:1-3 Smearing feces on people's faces.

Try to step outside of your own ethnocentric ideas to see that there are different ways to look at the world and your way is not the only right way.
Try to think with the brain that God gave you, would you accept your sister or your Mother to be taken as one of the spoils of war? Do you think that rape is alright? Commanding people to eat bread baked with their own feces? Child sexual abuse? Which one of these "ethnocentric" ideas do you embrace by the grace of your worship of Jesus? I'm sorry, Who, but slavery and genocide are not just casual ethnocentric ideas that one can cast away at a whim on the sayso of some baseless religious or mythical god-figure. Jesus said that the two most important commandments in the Bible were to love God and to love thy neighbor as thyself, no place did He say that slavery and rape were acceptable. The Bible paints God as a monster who commited terrible crimes against humanity, I think that's blasphemy, God didn't do that stuff, that's the kind of thing that people do and by attributing it to God they can make it acceptable behavior for themselves too.

I myself do not completely understand asking a father to sacrifice his son but since the father didn't seem to have any problem with it I guess by his standards he didn't think it was that bad. Perhaps both the father and his God understood that the sacrifice would never happen.

If a Father today didn't have a problem with a disembodied voice telling him to take his son up onto a mountain and forcing him to help build an altar and sacrificing him to some "god" we would say that person was insane. Children's Services would take the children from that home and put them in protective custody. The Father would go to jail or to a mental hospital.

But for the sake of the argument, let's say that Father and God knew that the sacrifice was never going to take place--WHAT ABOUT THE SON? What does it do to a child that goes through that kind experience right up to being tied on the altar with his Father's knife at his throat? If that isn't child abuse then you have a very different view of child care than I do. Would you like to read about a child that had things like that done to her? Get the book RABBIT HOWLS, which tells the true story of a girl who was abused in hideous ways.

When some god-figure is credited with the most heinous/atrocious/revolting and foul/filthy/perverted sick behavior, it disgusts me that there is always some simpering sycophant willing to be the apologist for the "god" and claim that the "godly" actions were just or right or holy--we just don't understand and need to take it on faith.

How a rational human being gets from the Sermon on the Mount to accepting genocide, rape, scatological abuse, and coprophagy is beyond me.

Werbung:

Hitler clearly said the Jews were wicked. Was it okay for the Nazis to slaughter them, then?

I don't agree with the contention that Christianity is "evil" (starting this thread was only my way of making a point). I do think that absolute adherence to every word of the Bible has no place in modern society. Do you?

Do you think this type of behavior would be permissible today?

Back