CJCS: Problem with gays in the miltary? Leave

The repeal of DADT is another funny precedent-situation. If GLBTQs get a 'particular recognition' as a 'minority group' within the military, so essentially they can chat about their sexual scores with other enlisted without getting discharged, does this set the framework for 'legal recognition' in civil courts? Does this pave the way for gay marraige at least in part? If they gain special recognition as 'a viable human group separate from others' apart from just having an odd collection of non-hetero sexual fetish behaviors... does this get them a foothold elsewhere outside the behavioral consideration of their loose-grouping?

Don't ask, don't tell. There's nothing there that says "don't serve".

All of your post is well said and I am in agreement.

I would add that the radical left is behind this effort to repeal DADT. The radical left is ALWAYS wrong and the consequences of their policies are often deadly.

Werbung:
They aren't always wrong, but this instance you are actually bullseye correct about the deadly outfall to their own families that their blind support of repeal will lead to...

People say that repealing DADT presents 'minimal' issues. But that's a civilian POV. In the military where the leadership is, and where recruiting in an all-volunteer [until DADT is repealed] military is of paramount importance...you're going to have major, not minor problems.

And even in the civilian world, when the mandatory draft that is the predictable outcome of an all-volunteer service, drawn traditionally from the ranks of conservative families, happens, you're going to have your LIBERAL anti-violence sons FORCED into serving in two very deadly and horrific war zones.

So liberals...enjoy your double-edged sword. You would sign up willingly [because that is exactly what you're doing with the outfall of repealing DADT] to sacrafice your sons' arms, legs and lives to a needless war all, literally, to protect gays "rights" to brag openly about their sexual slant at the mess hall.

Way to go!

Didn't follow the trail of breadcrumbs of your blind support of repealing DADT that far? Maybe you should..Maybe you should.. THINK.

Maybe you should.. THINK.

That sort of thing gets in the way of their "wants".

McCain was correct that the Military was not presented with an open review of the matter but rather what is the outcome WHEN it happens. Of course the political among them don't want to piss off the C-I-C and get fired, it's no real issue to the rear echelon types, leaving the ones who have to really deal with it left open to the scorn of these same liberals who only want what they want and still deny we are at war with islam.

If this passes then we had better start ramping up R&D on higher tech arms or just better nuke ones.

It occurs to me that possibly the leftwing KNOWS, maybe subconsciously, this (and all of their other polices they've foisted on the military, such as "affirmative action" and "gender normalized" training standards) will destroy the military, or euroize it - turn it into hollow armies that don't actually ever fight. Then US influence would be limited to diplomacy based on weakness, apology tours, etc, and the US would come more under the sway of international organizations, and continue the erosion of its sovereignty.

Well, the shortsided fools just passed it. Now it's up to he-who-wants-to-splinter-the-democratic-vote [once the predictable retaliations start from Al Qaida and blood is spilled for gay's ability to chat about their scores in the mess hall] to sign into law. It also awaits top general's signatures. Let's hope this last line of defense will see the light of reason as to troop safety, the volunteer issues as to the charges under their command. Will they sentence their ranks to preventable casualties, or rescue them in the nick of time?

Everyone ready for the draft? Here it comes!...

The GOP is so smart...god..lol...just dawned on me. They eeked out just enough votes to pass repeal of DADT to make it look like they're still solidly opposed. Then it looks like a "compassionate win" for the liberal left and blind middle who thoughtlessly jumped on the bandwagon without thinking it through from a military standpoint.

Meanwhile, the sob GOP knows, as I do, that this will result in direct hits on our military complete with "it's because the US is an openly gay military now" love notes from "Al Qaida". Then, when the dems and Obama have blood on their hands for pushing this Bill, and deaths result, and a compulsory draft is enacted therefore for all the reasons I've stated, the GOP will handily divide any middle grounders away from the dems in 2012 and take that election as if it was handed to them on a golden platter.

You watch. That's why the generals sat looking very pensive and squirming under some gun while the talks were going on about their "approval" [lies] that they believed it would cause no problems. They knew that for the GOP political big bosses that still run the GOP, they were absolutely sentencing more marines and soldiers to unnecessary dismemberment and death as a direct result of this repeal passing.

Jesus. The dems need to suspect the worst of the GOP always. Obama, this is where they've forced you to take a stand. If you sign this Bill into law, you not only will be signing unnecessary death-warrants for scores of troops, you will be signing the death certificate for the democratic party as a whole..

In fact, you know what. I'm done.

If Obama signs this Bill into law, I'm changing my party affiliation from moderate democrat to republican. I want to be on the winning team..and I'll take my disciples with me..

No longer will I trust simpering compassionate fools who allow themselves to be trapped in such a way in a predatory world. If they cannot see the vice in their domestic political opponents, how can we expect them to see the vice in their branches outside our borders, like the foreign and "official" arms of Al Qaida? Sure, you have to do triple back flips and even look paranoid from time to time but this is what political strategists do every day, they...oh, nevermind...

People who function on blind political-correctness have no business running this country. People who cannot step outside their own altruistic box and see the reptilian mindsets that surround them daily are those sheep who will lead each and every one of us off a cliff.

I'm done. Save your country. Vote republican...I can't even believe I'm saying this...

It occurs to me that possibly the leftwing KNOWS, maybe subconsciously, this (and all of their other polices they've foisted on the military, such as "affirmative action" and "gender normalized" training standards) will destroy the military, or euroize it - turn it into hollow armies that don't actually ever fight. Then US influence would be limited to diplomacy based on weakness, apology tours, etc, and the US would come more under the sway of international organizations, and continue the erosion of its sovereignty.

Yeah diplomacy makes us look weak. However invading nations much weaker than us and torturing their civilians makes us look big and strong to the rest of the world. Only WASP should be allowed in the military.

All of your post is well said and I am in agreement.

I would add that the radical left is behind this effort to repeal DADT. The radical left is ALWAYS wrong and the consequences of their policies are often deadly.

true gipper form..this is wrong because the left wants it, thus its wrong...
pretty sad and pathetic argument

Also the military is for it

and more then half of the nation

but you know...just facts

In fact, you know what. I'm done.

If Obama signs this Bill into law, I'm changing my party affiliation from moderate democrat to republican. I want to be on the winning team..and I'll take my disciples with me..

No longer will I trust simpering compassionate fools who allow themselves to be trapped in such a way in a predatory world. If they cannot see the vice in their domestic political opponents, how can we expect them to see the vice in their branches outside our borders, like the foreign and "official" arms of Al Qaida? Sure, you have to do triple back flips and even look paranoid from time to time but this is what political strategists do every day, they...oh, nevermind...

People who function on blind political-correctness have no business running this country. People who cannot step outside their own altruistic box and see the reptilian mindsets that surround them daily are those sheep who will lead each and every one of us off a cliff.

I'm done. Save your country. Vote republican...I can't even believe I'm saying this...

you will be missed...but not that much...
Damn civil rights get got in the way?

Gays are in the military...deal with it, have been always will be..and even more scary...some are actuly out. just no one cares...and yes the US has not fallen

Yeah diplomacy makes us look weak. However invading nations much weaker than us and torturing their civilians makes us look big and strong to the rest of the world. Only WASP should be allowed in the military.

but not land owners...those ones are to valuable :)..and can we still have rich WASPS get Drafted and just send a black guy in there place?

The opinions aside of teary eyed liberal appeasers strumming kum by yah on the guitar, what people REALLY respect is military power. Sorry, apology tours and bowing to dictators won't make islamofascists say "Garsh! What fine fellows! Let's lay down our arms and join the civilized world!" :D

And I'm sure the hundreds of thousands of US military people out there risking their lives appreciate your use of a few rogue elements among them to defame all of them.

The opinions aside of teary eyed liberal appeasers strumming kum by yah on the guitar, what people REALLY respect is military power. Sorry, apology tours and bowing to dictators won't make islamofascists say "Garsh! What fine fellows! Let's lay down our arms and join the civilized world!" :D

And I'm sure the hundreds of thousands of US military people out there risking their lives appreciate your use of a few rogue elements among them to defame all of them.

you know who is out there right now fighting the islamist? Killing them? being killed by them? on the front lines? Supporting the Front lines? saving them in Hospitals? ..gays...

also how is that Bombing Islamist into respect going? they give up yet? no? hmmm

you know who is out there right now fighting the islamist? Killing them? being killed by them? on the front lines? Supporting the Front lines? saving them in Hospitals? ..gays...

Riiiiiiiight - the whole army is just one big horde of homos. :D

also how is that Bombing Islamist into respect going? they give up yet? no? hmmm

Not too well, since we're fighting with Pee See war methods.

The opinions aside of teary eyed liberal appeasers strumming kum by yah on the guitar, 1) what people REALLY respect is military power. Sorry, apology tours and bowing to dictators won't make islamofascists say "Garsh! What fine fellows! Let's lay down our arms and join the civilized world!" :D

2)And I'm sure the hundreds of thousands of US military people out there risking their lives appreciate your use of a few rogue elements among them to defame all of them.

1)Our military power is what got them pissed at us. We were in their holy land log before 9/11. If you throw stones at a bee's nest WTF do you think is going to happen?

2) Yes if you hate what the past administration's foreign policy you hate the military servicemen. I have family ready to be shipped to Afghaistan. This is a pathetic attack with out merit.

Werbung:
A Tragic Loss for the Nation, a Pyrrhic Victory for Obama?
The United States Senate under Majority Leader Harry Reid has ceased to deserve its historic reputation as “the world’s greatest deliberative body.” By cynically manipulating parliamentary procedures during a lame-duck session so as to preclude filibusters and amendments, Sen. Reid today jammed through his chamber repeal of the statute prohibiting homosexuals from serving in the armed forces.

The costs of the Democrats’ highhandedness and abuse of power may prove to be very high, however. For one thing, they have chosen – with the vote to repeal what they wrongly insist on calling “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” – to ignore evidence that their action will drive large numbers of servicemen and women to resign from the military. Still others seem likely to decline to enlist.

The cumulative effect may be to break the All Volunteer Force – setting up a hard choice that the radical homosexual activists and their partisans consistently refuse to acknowledge: between weakening America to the point of losing the present wars and inviting new ones, or reinstituting the draft.
http://bigpeace.com/fgaffney/2010/12/18/a-tragic-loss-for-the-nation-a-pyrrhic-victory-for-obama/

So true.

Years from now when it becomes evident that this repeal has damaged the military beyond repair, who shall take the blame and be brought to account?

Like nearly all left wing legislation that becomes law, the consequences are most dastardly for the American people.

Some believe communism is dead. Yet, it is apparent they are in charge.

Back