Eric Cantor invites Pelosi to sit with him for SOTU in spirit of reducing hostility

Werbung:
Re: Eric Cantor invites Pelosi to sit with him for SOTU in spirit of reducing hostili

Cantor gets my award for stoicism. There is no way on earth I could tolerate sitting for a half hour beside that grinning, weird-looking obamabot. She'll be jumping up and down the whole time to applaud whatever obozo says. If you've ever seen films of the PRC congresses where every single robot in the hall applauds every single thing the Chairman says, you know the mindset.

Re: Eric Cantor invites Pelosi to sit with him for SOTU in spirit of reducing hostili

Cantor gets my award for stoicism.
Yeah....that's what he is.....stoic.​

"Eric Cantor has perfected the strategic sneer.

It comes, frequently, when he answers a reporter’s question about something President Obama has said: The House majority leader’s lip curls up on the left side and a look of disgust washes over his face. This week, he has been coupling the sneer with lines such as:

“How in the world can you even accept that notion?”

And, “That is laughable on its face.”

And, “That doesn’t make sense. . . . That again is just nonsensical.”

And, “Come on — let us think about this.”

Cantor, who is establishing himself as the lead GOP negotiator with the White House as the Aug. 2 default deadline approaches, is answering calls for compromise with contempt. He shook his fist during a news conference Tuesday and said that Obama’s thinking is “unfathomable to me.” To Obama’s complaint that the wealthy are not sharing in the budget sacrifice, he scoffed: “There is plenty of so-called shared sacrifice.” Asked about Obama’s belief that people like him should pay more in taxes, Cantor retorts: “You know what? He can write a check any time he wants.”

He draws out the vowels in a style that is part southern, part smarty-pants. Had young Cantor spoken like this at his prep school in Richmond, the bigger boys may well have wiped that sneer off his face. Yet even then, Cantor was accustomed to having things his way. According to Cantor’s hometown Richmond Times-Dispatch, the quotation he chose to accompany his yearbook photo was “I want what I want when I want it.”

What he needs is a good, ol' fashioned ASS-WHUPPIN'!!!

If he's smart, he'll stick to Gay-bars, in D.C., 'cause if he should run-into a "loaded" John Boehner....anywhere, else....he just might GET that (well-deserved) ASS-KICKIN'!!!!

Eric+Cantor+John+Boehner.jpg

("Just one shot....that's all I ask. One shot at that little prick.")​

Why is it that some people feel the need to make their postings look like Times Square on New Year's Eve. Using a "neon billboard"-style and adding little cartoon characters to your postings does not make you any more intelligent. All it does is provide a distraction so people don't read your words and/or don't take you seriously.

Gimmicks and cartoons and bright colors may work if you are trying to keep the attention of pre-schoolers, but in an ADULT setting, it does not replace intellectual honesty and substance.

Why is it that some people feel the need to make their postings look like Times Square on New Year's Eve. Using a "neon billboard"-style and adding little cartoon characters to your postings does not make you any more intelligent. All it does is provide a distraction so people don't read your words and/or don't take you seriously.

Gimmicks and cartoons and bright colors may work if you are trying to keep the attention of pre-schoolers, but in an ADULT setting, it does not replace intellectual honesty and substance.
He makes a valid point though. Cantor is eviscerating Boehner. Here the nation is crisis and all Eric Cantor can think of is how to sabotage his own leader. This guy will crawl over his grandmother to get a promotion. Just look at him! Pinch-faced, close-eyed shrimp of a man with the scruples of an alley cat in heat.

He makes a valid point though. Cantor is eviscerating Boehner. Here the nation is crisis and all Eric Cantor can think of is how to sabotage his own leader. This guy will crawl over his grandmother to get a promotion. Just look at him! Pinch-faced, close-eyed shrimp of a man with the scruples of an alley cat in heat.

Reminds me of most leftist politicians. Sleazy liars and power brokers who would throw their own mothers under a train if they thought it would increase their income and power.

Reminds me of most leftist politicians. Sleazy liars and power brokers who would throw their own mothers under a train if they thought it would increase their income and power.

YOu really are on a rant today, aren't you?

For a few days, I thought you actually decided that debating was a lot more interesting that just attacking and pointing fingers.

And today, you're at it again. Since you're a smart person, you are no longer attacking INDIVIDUALS here in the forum, but you have retreated in your "righteousness of rightness" and mercilessly spew out general attacks on anything that is not extreme right!

I don't think any politicians (Right or Left) is entirely honest and altruistic. To generalize in any way, but especially based on "party affiliation" is wrong, and not very smart.

Keep on going. It just makes your posts a lot less intelligent and interesting!

Get use to it. He does it ALL the time and he thinks he is so clever.

He will post numerous consecutive posts within a thread so as to twist it behind recognition.

He may be an Obamabot plant.

Get use to it. He does it ALL the time and he thinks he is so clever.

He will post numerous consecutive posts within a thread so as to twist it behind recognition.

He may be an Obamabot plant.

what is an "Obamabot"? I have heard this term no where else. My guess is that it is some sort of slam, suggesting that the accused is a mindless meat machine programmed in the dark of night in the White House dungeons to act at the orders of our duly elected President, Commander-in-Chief, and leader of the world.

Is it OK for us to be using 5th grade playground manners here? I had hoped we were among adults who acted as adults.

YOu really are on a rant today, aren't you?

For a few days, I thought you actually decided that debating was a lot more interesting that just attacking and pointing fingers.

And today, you're at it again. Since you're a smart person, you are no longer attacking INDIVIDUALS here in the forum, but you have retreated in your "righteousness of rightness" and mercilessly spew out general attacks on anything that is not extreme right!

I don't think any politicians (Right or Left) is entirely honest and altruistic. To generalize in any way, but especially based on "party affiliation" is wrong, and not very smart.

Keep on going. It just makes your posts a lot less intelligent and interesting!

OK, I will temporarily take you off my "do not respond to this box of rocks" list. I guess I missed the memo from the moderators. Were you appointed the official "arbiter of opinions" and the "forum critic" and the "quality control supervisor"?

I even paid you a COMPLIMENT in another thread, but you obviously didn't notice. However, I will give you credit for noticing that I am a "smart" person.

OK, now you are back on "the list". ;)

OK, I will temporarily take you off my "do not respond to this box of rocks" list. I guess I missed the memo from the moderators. Were you appointed the official "arbiter of opinions" and the "forum critic" and the "quality control supervisor"?

I even paid you a COMPLIMENT in another thread, but you obviously didn't notice. However, I will give you credit for noticing that I am a "smart" person.

OK, now you are back on "the list". ;)

Oh, too bad you won't see this message then!

Well, all I wanted to say is: NO, I am not, never was, and never will be an "arbitRer of opinions" and the "forum critic."

However, i have been enjoying a really good level of debate for the last few days.

Am I the only one? I don't think so. And I have paid you a few compliments myself, because I thought you really had come out of your groove and rose up to being an interesting and intelligent (which I never doubted, by the way) poster.

So, you are telling me that only moderators have the right to have an opinion on whether a thread is taking a constructive path or is moving in a destructive, no win direction?

I didn't know. Maybe I'll keep my opinion for myself.

i.e.....they're incapable o' constructing an opposing-opinion (or, they'd have done, so).....so, they carry-on about HOW the original-premise was presented!!!

Not to worry. I understand.

:rolleyes:

He makes a valid point though. Cantor is eviscerating Boehner. Here the nation is crisis and all Eric Cantor can think of is how to sabotage his own leader.
Hell.....Cantor wants Boehner's JOB!!!

(...And, Boehner finally GETS how badly he screwed-up...pandering to the Teabaggers!)

budance.gif

Werbung:
Back