Gay marriage: Arguments Against it, and for it.

Gay Marriage, I believe is unacceptable in an open society.

Marriage should be between a man and a wife, solely because man and a wife play a different role in a child's life. While mother plays the role of a nurturer, the father, when older plays the role of a role model and a friend.

It is obvious that two men raising the child is not as adequate as a man and a woman raising that child. No matter how feminine one of the male may be, men all share one trait that is always there, promiscuouity. Why? because men can impregnate many while women can only do it once.

But how would these parental differences affect the child's development? What is the adequate raising of a child?

Werbung:
I support civil unions for gays -- that is, so they can enjoy all the rights of a married couple, but marriage? Hell no. It is absolutely ridiculous for the government to tell churches who they can and cannot marry. And since homosexuality is outlawed in virtually every religion, you'll have a tough time finding a church to marry to gays.

What if gays did find a church willing to marry them? Would you support it then?

USMC the Almighty said:
As for their culture, well candidly, I find it disgusting and unnatural. People weren't supposed to be gay. If everyone was gay then civilization would die out.

LOL you are so ridiculous. What gives you the idea that people weren't supposed to be gay? And of course everyone would die, that's like saying "if everyone was a woman humans would go extinct." But if you want to look at it that way then gays are actually helping the overpopulation problem.

I couldn't care less about gay marriages.

I think our country should focus on more important issues.

Yeah, you're right. We should ignore the demands of 4,300,000 our citizens (those are the openly gay ones) and forget about their civil rights.

I'm pretty sure the government can find time to address such a small issue.

What if gays did find a church willing to marry them? Would you support it then?

No. I think that marriage is a religious sanctimony between a man and a woman.

What gives you the idea that people weren't supposed to be gay?

Because it's not natural. In a Darwinistic world, the breeds that can't reproduce don't stay around for too long. Being gay goes completely against the laws of nature.

But if you want to look at it that way then gays are actually helping the overpopulation problem.

Hahahahhahahaha.

No. I think that marriage is a religious sanctimony between a man and a woman.

But why do you get to force your beliefs on others? Why should your views influence the equality of everyone in our country? Gay people want to get married, how does that affect you?

USMC the Almighty said:
Because it's not natural. In a Darwinistic world, the breeds that can't reproduce don't stay around for too long. Being gay goes completely against the laws of nature.

But gay people are still humans, so they aren't a different "breed", no matter how hard you try to deny it. Our species is very stable with birth rates and the problem in that area is overpopulation, not extinction. Also, gays adopt kids and provide a good life for them rather than a life in an orphanage.

USMC the Almighty said:
Hahahahhahahaha.

Is that a sarcastic or real laugh?

But why do you get to force your beliefs on others? Why should your views influence the equality of everyone in our country? Gay people want to get married, how does that affect you?

I'm not forcing my beliefs on anyone, I just disagree with the premise of two members of the same gender getting married. As I said, I support civil unions, just not marriage. Does it affect me? No, not really.

But gay people are still humans, so they aren't a different "breed", no matter how hard you try to deny it. Our species is very stable with birth rates and the problem in that area is overpopulation, not extinction. Also, gays adopt kids and provide a good life for them rather than a life in an orphanage.

I don't see how this supports your argument for gay marriage.

Is that a sarcastic or real laugh?

A little bit of both.

I'm not forcing my beliefs on anyone, I just disagree with the premise of two members of the same gender getting married. As I said, I support civil unions, just not marriage. Does it affect me? No, not really.

If it doesn't affect you then why do you care if they get married? What's your reason for disagreement?

saggyjones said:

USMC the Almighty said:
I don't see how this supports your argument for gay marriage.

Well you seem to classify gays as inhuman because they aren't "natural" but since they are human they deserve the same rights as everyone else, and I believe that includes marriage.

Also, married gays would provide more families for orphaned children, and that's another benefit of it.

An even better benefit of gay marriage would be that gays would start to feel normal in our society instead of being forced to live on the fringes. Many people don't even feel safe coming out and a lot of teens commit suicide for feelings portrayed as unnatural when really they are just different.

While traditional marriage is a union between man and woman, I feel in an ever growing and vastly changing society, there should be and will be a much larger tolerance for gay marriage. Everyone know that as a child you need both genders as role models to mentally develop. Who's to say that a gay or lesbian couple could not raise a child properly? Yet at the same time a gay household wil be more influencial to a alternative lifestyle. Is it right? I personally think if you are content in who you are and stable, go for it. A gay couple may choose adoption, and the life the child has (especially if from overpopulated or 3rd world country) will be better and more diverse than the one they currently reside..

While traditional marriage is a union between man and woman, I feel in an ever growing and vastly changing society, there should be and will be a much larger tolerance for gay marriage. Everyone know that as a child you need both genders as role models to mentally develop. Who's to say that a gay or lesbian couple could not raise a child properly? Yet at the same time a gay household wil be more influencial to a alternative lifestyle. Is it right? I personally think if you are content in who you are and stable, go for it. A gay couple may choose adoption, and the life the child has (especially if from overpopulated or 3rd world country) will be better and more diverse than the one they currently reside..

Yeah. Adoption will help the children from those third world countries.

I don't think there's anything wrong with gay marriages.

I've already made my arguments. I think that Gays deserve the rights of marriage, but it is utterly ridiculous for the gov't to tell religions who they can and cannot marry.

I don't care what someone does behind closed doors. It's when they bring it out in public that it bothers me.

Same here.

I never saw this issue as the government telling religions who to marry, but it appears that some are twisting it to that meaning by using the word marriage.

This issue is about equal rights for everyone, but we are being distracted with whether it will be "marriage" or not.

And since homosexuality is outlawed in virtually every religion, you'll have a tough time finding a church to marry to gays.

As for their culture, well candidly, I find it disgusting and unnatural. People weren't supposed to be gay. If everyone was gay then civilization would die out.

Homosexuality may be outlawed in most religions, but not every, there are a few, such as Wicca, or Buddhism, that allow same sex marriage.

As for it being 'disgusting and unnatural', some may find it beautiful and natural. One person's opinion on a matter, should not govern the whole. And sence not everyone is gay, civilization will continue. There are more homosexuals 'out of the closet' now, than hundreds of years ago. There are also more humans on the earth than there where hundreds of years ago.

Homosexuality may be outlawed in most religions, but not every, there are a few, such as Wicca, or Buddhism, that allow same sex marriage.

I'll take your word for it.

As for it being 'disgusting and unnatural', some may find it beautiful and natural. One person's opinion on a matter, should not govern the whole.

Which is why I said, "I've already made my arguments. I think that gays deserve the rights of marriage, but it is utterly ridiculous for the gov't to tell religions who they can and cannot marry.

I don't care what someone does behind closed doors. It's when they bring it out in public that it bothers me."

Werbung:
I'll take your word for it.

Which is why I said, "I've already made my arguments. I think that gays deserve the rights of marriage, but it is utterly ridiculous for the gov't to tell religions who they can and cannot marry.

I don't care what someone does behind closed doors. It's when they bring it out in public that it bothers me."

So, you dont believe 2 men should be able to walk down the street holding hands?

Back