Global Warming hype!

One can but cast pearls of wisdom before swine knowing that few will be capable of learning. In much the same way that one can lead a horse to water, but if you can make him float on his back you've really got something.

Werbung:
There's nothing to the AGW theory but hot air. :D AGW depends on rigged simulations. I've worked off and on in computer simulation for years, and anyone who actually DOES that work knows that it's EASY to get the "correct" answers by tweaking parameters, input data, boundary conditions, etc.

Before the publication of the infamous ecofascist "hockey stick" temperature graph, scientists believed that there was a similar warming period in the middle ages. The key "evidence" in overturning that belief was tree ring data that was scant, incomplete, misinterpreted, and possibly fraudulent.

The IPCC report is under the auspices of the UN, an overwhelmingly statist, anti-US, anti-capitalist organization. Very few of the signatories did any actual original research. Basically, it's a "vote" by scientists, many of whom get their funding from governments which have signed on to AGM because of the huge growth in statism it promises.

The work done at East Anglia university, an important AGW research center, has been roundly criticized for its deficient methods, and it also claims it "lost" its original data.

The hysterical, anti-scientific tone of the warmists can be seen in their shrill declarations that "the debate is over".

The reason why the worldwide leftwing has latched onto this theory and won't let go no matter how many times they are whacked (metaphorically :D) is that in it they see the possibility of realizing the dream that they've had for a hundred years: the ultimate defeat of freedom, capitalism, and democracy, and the imposition of a superstate which controls everyone's life down to the most minute detail.

There's nothing to the AGW theory but hot air. :D AGW depends on rigged simulations. I've worked off and on in computer simulation for years, and anyone who actually DOES that work knows that it's EASY to get the "correct" answers by tweaking parameters, input data, boundary conditions, etc.

Before the publication of the infamous ecofascist "hockey stick" temperature graph, scientists believed that there was a similar warming period in the middle ages. The key "evidence" in overturning that belief was tree ring data that was scant, incomplete, misinterpreted, and possibly fraudulent.

The IPCC report is under the auspices of the UN, an overwhelmingly statist, anti-US, anti-capitalist organization. Very few of the signatories did any actual original research. Basically, it's a "vote" by scientists, many of whom get their funding from governments which have signed on to AGM because of the huge growth in statism it promises.

The work done at East Anglia university, an important AGW research center, has been roundly criticized for its deficient methods, and it also claims it "lost" its original data.

The hysterical, anti-scientific tone of the warmists can be seen in their shrill declarations that "the debate is over".

The reason why the worldwide leftwing has latched onto this theory and won't let go no matter how many times they are whacked (metaphorically :D) is that in it they see the possibility of realizing the dream that they've had for a hundred years: the ultimate defeat of freedom, capitalism, and democracy, and the imposition of a superstate which controls everyone's life down to the most minute detail.

And yet that left-wing arctic ice continues to melt. Don't you hate that?

WINTER MAY BE COLDEST IN 1000 YEARS

30th December 2010
By Steve Hughes

Snow-Pictures-UK-19.jpg

BRITAIN’S winter is the coldest since 1683 and close to being the chilliest in nearly 1,000 years.

Latest figures reveal that the average temperature since December 1 has been a perishing -1C.

That makes it the second coldest since records began in 1659.

The chilliest on record was 1683/84, when the average was -1.17C and the River Thames froze over for two months.

But with January and February to come, experts believe we could suffer the most freezing cold winter in the last 1,000 years.
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/169577/Winter-may-be-coldest-in-1000-years/

Geeze...

I wonder is this story about weather or climate???:rolleyes:

Geeze...

I wonder is this story about weather or climate???:rolleyes:

actuly its about weather.. one year does not make climate...Just like here in MN, the fact that El Nino is having a effect this year...does not change climate overall..just weather for this period of time.

Also again, your talking about England...not the World...not sure why this is so hard to understand...temps in some areas will get colder...some hotter...as currents shift, rain fall changes and other issue take effect...not all areas will have the same effect...its Global temps over time that is the issue...again...your talking ...weather..

by the way its raining pretty hard here in MN, on almost new years eve...not snowing..ahhh must be global warming... ( sarcasm)

Good article in the Washington Times yesterday about this issue.

All these climate models seem to have no convincing explanation for why the Earth cooled between 1940 and 1975, despite rapidly rising levels of CO2.

The real question is this: Even if there has been an effect from pumping CO2 into the air for 100 years that does not mean the CO2 is the cause, it just means it plays a role (which we haven not measured)

I don't think there is real consensus as you are claiming among the scientific community. I think at best, many might agree humans play some role, but that does not mean humans are the cause.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Instrumental_Temperature_Record_(NASA).svg

yes there is a dip in that time frame...but the overall...clearly shows warming ( something that was hard to get some concervitives 10 years ago to even admit to regardless of why...

I have never said its the Only reason ...but all of the science has said it is indeed playing a role...one can debate if the primary reason, or maybe just a secondary more moderate role ( and yes I am sure a few will say none..but those are going to be few and far between) But overall I think we know..its playing a role... on a global scale, with so many other inputs from a valcano eruption, to solar flares, to what have you...its pretty hard to test to say..yes its 88% our fault and 12% nature ...if we want to wait for that, we can just not even try.

So let me ask you this...if even there is a decent chance that its mostly do to CO2 and Pollution...or at least its playing a significant role...how long do you think we should wait around waiting for "proof" 100% before we do anything about it? If 20 years from now its still getting hotter...but not proven 100%..do we just say well not proven 100% and pump as much CO2 in the air as we wish still?

as a side note..
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/jan/31/pentagon-ranks-global-warming-destabilising-force
Pentagon even looking at security risks for global warming...regardless of why its happening.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Instrumental_Temperature_Record_(NASA).svg

yes there is a dip in that time frame...but the overall...clearly shows warming ( something that was hard to get some concervitives 10 years ago to even admit to regardless of why...

Given how old the Earth is, I would not take a snapshot of 130 years and declare that we are not in a long term cycle...

Assuming that we are getting warmer (and not in some cycle), the question still remains... why?

I have never said its the Only reason ...but all of the science has said it is indeed playing a role...one can debate if the primary reason, or maybe just a secondary more moderate role ( and yes I am sure a few will say none..but those are going to be few and far between) But overall I think we know..its playing a role... on a global scale, with so many other inputs from a valcano eruption, to solar flares, to what have you...its pretty hard to test to say..yes its 88% our fault and 12% nature ...if we want to wait for that, we can just not even try.

Well what does "a role" mean? Does it mean that we added some tiny change... why couldn't it be 88% nature and 12% our fault? Who is to argue one way or the other without actual evidence?

I am not prepared to attempt to fundamentally change our way of life simply because "the Earth is getting warmer." I want to know why, and what is causing it. If humans are only playing some minor role, then even if we revert back emission levels of hundreds of years ago, it won't make a difference.

So let me ask you this...if even there is a decent chance that its mostly do to CO2 and Pollution...or at least its playing a significant role...how long do you think we should wait around waiting for "proof" 100% before we do anything about it? If 20 years from now its still getting hotter...but not proven 100%..do we just say well not proven 100% and pump as much CO2 in the air as we wish still?

How long should we "wait around for proof?" If the "science is settled" (which you claimed it was) then there already ought to be a plethora of proof outlining just how responsible humans are for the changes... I have not seen that.. have you?

as a side note..
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/jan/31/pentagon-ranks-global-warming-destabilising-force
Pentagon even looking at security risks for global warming...regardless of why its happening.

Of course they are, that is their job. Changing terrain will change the way we are able to act in areas, it can create refugee issues, create conflict over water resources etc etc...

actuly its about weather.. one year does not make climate...Just like here in MN, the fact that El Nino is having a effect this year...does not change climate overall..just weather for this period of time.

/QUOTE]

Coldest in 1,000 years is just the weather.

You warmers are really out there.

Werbung:
Back