Hillary and Obama

Here We Go

Wonder what was said at last night's meeting. It only lasted an hour so not much of a conversation. What are your thoughts?

Werbung:
IMO Anything that takes place in Dianne Feinstein's house can't be good for America.

However, my take on the meeting is that it apparently doesn't really matter what is good for America, it matters what is good for the Democratic Party in Washington. The secrecy of it makes everything that went before, and possibly anything that comes after, look like an act.

Hillary probably wants 10 million dollars to pay off debt and in exchange she will release her delegates. If he says no, she keeps her delegates and goes to the convention and he has to hope he can keep Michelles mouth shut between now and August.

I think he better pay the ten million :)

I'm really pissed about the way the Democratic Party just bullied her out the race. She was definitily the candidate with all the momentum after winning in Texas and Ohio. She won by large margins. Yet the supers had everything already worked out among themselves.
Now, after she made that speech to wait and see what happens, the party leaders jump on her case making her make a quick decision. That is total bull if you ask me.... :mad:

She certainly did appear to be being railroaded. While I don't like Hillary, that was certainly obvious and definitely not fair.

Pidgey

Hillary's speach today was very good. I think, now that the dust is settling, she and Obama could possibly work together for all of us. If he does select her for his VP that would be a double history making event wouldn't it. Talk about CHANGE that's it . . . an African-American President and a woman Vice-President.

Hillary's speach today was very good. I think, now that the dust is settling, she and Obama could possibly work together for all of us. If he does select her for his VP that would be a double history making event wouldn't it. Talk about CHANGE that's it . . . an African-American President and a woman Vice-President.

Wouldn't picking her be a contradiction in terms? He wants to turn the page he says, isn’t she the page? He said he wanted a new kind of politics and she wants to bring us back to the prosperity of the Clinton years.

I hope he does not pick her, or Richardson.......I think if he cares about the loyalty of his base he will pick Dennis Kucinich. Most of them wanted him first anyways.

But the smarter thing to do would be pick either an old fart who knows about middle east, or Edwards who has already been vetted.

But the smarter thing to do would be pick either an old fart who knows about middle east, or Edwards who has already been vetted.

You're right. Picking Hillary would be a contradiction to his campaign. I think Edwards would be a good pick . . . they looked rather debonair standing on the stage together when Edwards endorsed him. But, who knows. It may be someone that will be a complete surprise. Tom Hanks? ;)

You're right. Picking Hillary would be a contradiction to his campaign. I think Edwards would be a good pick . . . they looked rather debonair standing on the stage together when Edwards endorsed him. But, who knows. It may be someone that will be a complete surprise. Tom Hanks? ;)

I think he should pick Michelle his bell :D

Hillary as VP probably isn't out of the question after that speech... but I'd say more likely people like these are being looked at very intensley...

Governor Bill Richardson

Senator Jim Webb

General Wesley Clark

maybe even former Senator Sam Nunn

Overall regardless... what a great day for the DEMS to finally have their fully endorsed nominee!!!

IMO Anything that takes place in Dianne Feinstein's house can't be good for America.

However, my take on the meeting is that it apparently doesn't really matter what is good for America, it matters what is good for the Democratic Party in Washington. The secrecy of it makes everything that went before, and possibly anything that comes after, look like an act.

what so now they have to talk on CNN? Last I checked they where allowed to talk in private and not have it be the end of the world. Oddly politicians talk to each other all the time without media...have since the start of time.

as for what was said?

I don't want to be VP, but I want to help, and I want your backing on somethings...

I don't want you as VP, but you need to help me with X

bla bla bla bla bla..

the end.

My hopes, and possibles

Joe Biden or Chuck Hagel (nice way to steal some votes and show you really want to work to change politics, pick a Republican vp) but then again I don't know if Hagel would take it.

and for those crying Clinton got railroaded, go cry and have a pity party, she lost and the rules for the election never changed, she just lost. Its over. My 1st 2 picks both lost, I did not cry that it was not fair.

My hopes, and possibles

Joe Biden or Chuck Hagel (nice way to steal some votes and show you really want to work to change politics, pick a Republican vp) but then again I don't know if Hagel would take it.

and for those crying Clinton got railroaded, go cry and have a pity party, she lost and the rules for the election never changed, she just lost. Its over. My 1st 2 picks both lost, I did not cry that it was not fair.

Who were your first and second choices?

I am not a regular democrat. I didn't like any of the ones running, but I think she did get railroaded. Most people paying attention did think it was unfair to her. Only really Obama supporters say it was not. Really she got what she deserved for all of her sneaky things she has done through out history and got away with, but it did happen and the people who do not think she is the sharp clawed viper saw it just the same as the people who think she is a sharp clawed viper. Weird, only Obama people missed it.

It is better though that he has the nomination because the TV ads against him will be more fun to watch than the ones against her.

Hillary as VP probably isn't out of the question after that speech... but I'd say more likely people like these are being looked at very intensley...

Governor Bill Richardson

Senator Jim Webb

General Wesley Clark

maybe even former Senator Sam Nunn

Overall regardless... what a great day for the DEMS to finally have their fully endorsed nominee!!!

I like all those, Kathleen Sebelius (Gov. of Kansas) has been mentioned as well. My personal favorites would be Clark or Richardson. However, considering the present state of America, Obama needs a white male on the ticket. Preferably one with military experience, that's where Clark, Webb and Nunn come in.

Werbung:
I like all those, Kathleen Sebelius (Gov. of Kansas) has been mentioned as well. My personal favorites would be Clark or Richardson. However, considering the present state of America, Obama needs a white male on the ticket. Preferably one with military experience, that's where Clark, Webb and Nunn come in.

You & I think a lot alike Popeye. With a VP that really has the chops in either military experience or foreign policy experience it completely wipes out any thought that McBush might somehow know anything more about anything.

Also the White male thing helps bring in the unity with the blue collar White working class.

Kathleen Sebelius has done a great job on many fronts and will be a big player in the future of the Party.

Back