House unanimously passes resolution condemning China for spy balloon

reedak

1. A day of Biden administration briefings on the Chinese spy balloon that traveled across U.S. airspace last week ended in predictably partisan fashion, with multiple Republicans airing frustration while most Democrats defended the incident’s handling.

One GOP senator, John Kennedy of Louisiana, emerged from his chamber’s Thursday classified briefing on the matter suggesting that what he called a lack of information from the Biden administration could be “intentional.”...

Source Link: https://www.politico.com/news/2023/...ndemning-china-for-spy-balloon-419-0-00082038

2. The Spanish–American War (April–August 1898) is considered to be both a turning point in the history of propaganda and the beginning of the practice of yellow journalism.

It was the first conflict in which military action was precipitated by media involvement. The war grew out of U.S. interest in a fight for revolution between the Spanish military and citizens of their Cuban colony. American newspapers fanned the flames of interest in the war by fabricating atrocities which justified intervention in a number of Spanish colonies worldwide....

A later investigation, in 1974, reached the opposite conclusion, that the explosion had originated inside the ship.

Many stories like the one published by Hearst were printed across the country blaming the Spanish military for the destruction of USS Maine. These stories struck a chord with the American people stirring public opinion up into a divided frenzy, with a large group of Americans wanting to attack and another wanting to wait for confirmation. The Americans that wanted to attack wanted to remove Spain from power in many of their colonies close to the U.S. Those easily persuaded by the Yellow Journalism eventually prevailed, and American troops were sent to Cuba.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_propaganda_of_the_Spanish–American_War

3. When the United States declared war on Germany in April 1917, President Woodrow Wilson faced a reluctant nation. Wilson had, after all, won his reelection in 1916 with the slogan, “He kept us out of the war.” To convince Americans that going to war in Europe was necessary, Wilson created the Committee on Public Information (CPI), to focus on promoting the war effort.

To head up the committee, Wilson appointed a brilliant political public relations man, George Creel. As head of the CPI, Creel was in charge of censorship as well as flag-waving, but he quickly passed the censor’s job to Postmaster General Albert S. Burleson. The Post Office already had the power to bar materials from the mail and revoke the reduced postage rates given to newspapers and magazines....

Creel’s first idea was to distribute good news and disclose as many facts about the war as he could without compromising national security. His M.O. was simple: flood the country with press releases disguised as news stories. Summing up after the war, Creel said he aimed to “weld the people of the United States into one white-hot mass instinct” and give them a “war-will, the will to win.”....

Source Link: https://www.history.com/news/world-war-1-propaganda-woodrow-wilson-fake-news

4. Putting the awe-inspiring power of the government's propaganda machine to good use.

Extraordinary that the makers of the Iraq War in the George W. Bush administration got so many people to go along with such an ill-conceived project of such a small number of zealous proponents (a “cabal,” in Lawrence Wilkerson's phrase). Being able to exploit the national anguish and anger over 9/11 was a critical ingredient, of course. But the success of the war-selling campaign was testimony to what a determined use of the opinion-molding capabilities of the government of the day, including the bully pulpit of the presidency, can accomplish. The dragging of even many Democrats and liberals into going along with the project was less a matter of instilling any specific mistaken belief than of instilling a mood and momentum. It was a matter of sending a war train hurtling down the track and daring anyone to get in the way.

The manufactured issue of an “alliance” between Saddam Hussein’s regime and al-Qaeda demonstrated the manipulative potential involved. Unlike the sales campaign's companion issue of weapons of mass destruction, there was no logical or historical basis for believing that such an alliance existed. The postulation of such an alliance also contradicted judgments of the U.S. intelligence community and other experts inside and outside government. Getting many members of the public to believe that such an alliance nonetheless existed was partly a matter of touting phony evidence such as a nonexistent meeting in Prague and of making highly tendentious interpretations of other reporting. But promoting this belief was at least as much a matter of rhetorical themes as of manipulated evidence. The belief was cultivated by repeatedly uttering “Iraq,” “9/11” and “war on terror” in the same breath. The cultivation was so successful that by the peak of the war-promoters’ sales campaign in late 2002 a majority of Americans believed that Saddam Hussein not only was allied with al-Qaeda but also had been directly involved in the 9/11 attack....

Source Link: https://nationalinterest.org/node/1216

5. The US House of Representatives on Thursday (9 February) unanimously backed a resolution condemning the incursion of a so-called Chinese spy balloon into US airspace last week as "a brazen violation of United States sovereignty". With the passing of the resolution, America's Sinophobia has risen to unprecedented fever pitch. Just compare the hysteria over the alleged spy balloon to US mild response to Russia's invasion of Ukraine especially at the initial stage when the "potato chip" gas-emitting power-hungry White House incumbent warned Americans in Ukraine to leave immediately because sending troops to evacuate would be "world war". The contrast in reactions is not surprising as the US regime regards Western Europe as a buffer zone between America and Russia. In contrast, there is no buffer zone between China and the US. Instead of being a buffer, the Pacific Ocean is acting as a "bridge" between America and Asia in modern times.

Though not stated explicitly, the US regime is trying to draw a parallel between the alleged spy balloon incident with the following historic events through its domestic and global disinformation campaigns:

(a) Japanese attack on Pearl Harbour.

(b) September 11 attacks

What country dares to stage an attack against the supposedly sole superpower in the world?

6. Worst of all, the whipping up of Sinophobic hysteria by the US regime is reminiscent of America's disinformation campaigns against Spain, Germany, Japan, Iraq and Afghanistan before taking military actions.

Due to his low approval ratings, it won't be surprising that the "potato chip" gas-emitting power-hungry White House incumbent could embark on a military adventure either sometime this year or next year in order to gain another term in office.

Additional Reference:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Biden

Werbung:
Christ. A Chinese spy balloon floats over and you post a novel like something from mills and Boon.
Like, really?

Christ. A Chinese spy balloon floats over and you post a novel like something from mills and Boon.
Like, really?
1. My dear friend, please read the following article by Dr Paul Craig Roberts, who was Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Economic Policy under Ronald Reagan in the early 1980s.

Do you think that such a notable US politician is as dumb as you?

2. Please read the profile of Dr Paul Craig Roberts from the same link:

Dr Paul Craig Roberts is a well-known economist who received his PhD from the University of Virginia. He was, in the early 1980s, Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Economic Policy under Ronald Reagan. He has been the associate editor of the Wall Street Journal. He has been a columnist for Business Week, Scripps Howard News Service, and Creators Syndicate. He has had many university appointments. His internet columns at www.paulcraigroberts.org have attracted a following worldwide

And you have s issue with it lol moron
My dear friend, do you think Dr Paul Craig Roberts, who was Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Economic Policy under Ronald Reagan in the early 1980s, is a lol moron like you?

If so, the sun will rise from the west every morning, and all hens can crow like roosters. :ROFLMAO:

1. My dear friend, please read the following article by Dr Paul Craig Roberts, who was Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Economic Policy under Ronald Reagan in the early 1980s.

Do you think that such a notable US politician is as dumb as you?

2. Please read the profile of Dr Paul Craig Roberts from the same link:

Dr Paul Craig Roberts is a well-known economist who received his PhD from the University of Virginia. He was, in the early 1980s, Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Economic Policy under Ronald Reagan. He has been the associate editor of the Wall Street Journal. He has been a columnist for Business Week, Scripps Howard News Service, and Creators Syndicate. He has had many university appointments. His internet columns at www.paulcraigroberts.org have attracted a following worldwide
There's a blast from the past. Old Ronny raygun.
He was a credit to the embalmers art when POTUS.

My point is you posted a short novel. Shorten it up if you want it noticed.

me follow you lol you and Mr. Eichmann follow me around like a stray dog looking fo a hand out lol

you're still obsessed with me and fantasize about me being a gay nazi. lol

i hadn't even posted in this thread and yet you can't stop from talking about me
hahahahahhahahaha

Werbung:
you're still obsessed with me and fantasize about me being a gay nazi. lol

i hadn't even posted in this thread and yet you can't stop from talking about me
hahahahahhahahaha
Those he feels threatened by are those who get the most attention. Like a spoilt kid.

Back