How did life start ?

Werbung:
Intelligent individuals know life did not invent itself and could not possibly have erupted by chance on earth under an oxygenated environment, among other scientific obstructions to the possibility of biogenesis. But that does not keep intelligent people from believing life somehow miraculously began on earth without God.
Let's not kid ourselves, you are, in fact, asserting that those who do not accept your premise are not as intelligent as those that do. Don't deny it, please, for if you do, I won't believe you.

Mark, with due respect, when you assert that intelligent people MUST accept your premise and if they don't agree with you you are implying they are not intelligent if they don't agree with you, and by doing that, what you are doing is waiving a flag that says 'Hello folks, I am ignorant". Is that the flag you want to wave? You realize that intelligence, like all forms of awareness, occur in nature in layered levels. You have, in the ocean, and see if you can follow this analogy: in the ocean we have, mud crawlers, and at the surface, we have mammals that breath air, and then we have everything in between the mud and the surface. A mud crawler cannot fathom what it is like to be an intelligent, air breathing mammal, nor can an air breathing ocean going mammal know what it is like to be land based human and in this line of reasoning, NOR CAN YOU fathom what intelligent people, PERHAPS more intelligent than you, what they can know, or not know, people who are above your intellectual paygrade. Everyone has someone more intelligent than they are, there are no exceptions. Capiche? To make such a statement is a pseudo debate trick called 'Posturing', which is an attempt to puff oneself up so as to achieve a higher posture in the hopes that no one can question you. But, that is a logical fallacy.
“It is absurd for the Evolutionist to complain that it is unthinkable for an admittedly unthinkable God to make everything out of nothing, and then pretend that it is more thinkable that nothing should turn itself into everything.”
― G.K. Chesterton
+++++

[Attributing the origin of life to spontaneous generation.] However improbable we regard this event, it will almost certainly happen at least once.... The time... is of the order of two billion years.... Given so much time, the "impossible" becomes possible, the possible probable, and the probable virtually certain. One only has to wait: time itself performs the miracles.
George Wald
+++++

All of us who study the origin of life find that the more we look into it, the more we feel it is too complex to have evolved anywhere. We all believe as an article of faith that life evolved from dead matter on this planet. It is just that life's complexity is so great, it is hard for us to imagine that it did.
Harold Urey
+++++

“The complexity of the simplest known type of cell is so great that it is impossible to accept that such an object could have been thrown together suddenly by some kind of freakish, vastly improbable, event. Such an occurrence would be indistinguishable from a miracle.”
― Michael Denton, Evolution: A Theory In Crisis

“An honest man, armed with all the knowledge available to us now, could only state that in some sense, the origin of life appears at the moment to be almost a miracle, so many are the conditions which would have had to have been satisfied to get it going.”
― Francis Crick, Life Itself: Its Origin and Nature

Your assumption is that life cannot exist without god. But, what you mean is life cannot exist without a supremely intelligent designer. What you are doing is assuming the nature of God, and that is where your logic breaks down. How can we, mortal human beings, possibly fathom the true nature of God? Well, I'll give my two cents: In my view, there just may be a spiritual basis to life, which is, in my view, what God is, but it's not what religionists think, it's not an entity above all things designing things. As a pantheist, myself, I accept that the spiritual basis to life is just a spiritual river, and essence, a force, from which all life springs, but thing is, it happens in randomity. The evidence of the randomity of existence is overwhelming, there is no denying it. That doesn't preclude the concept that life could (and probably does) have a spiritual basis. I.E. "Chance'. But, see, assuming infinity, all that is possible, is inevitable. so, in essence, 'God' is an abstract concept called infinity, because as long as there is such a thing as infinity, and I suggest there is, all that is required for life to occur is that it is possible, and if it is possible, (and it IS possible) therefore, it is inevitable. Oh, it might take 50 trillion throws of the universal dice to occur, but note that ALL numbers are infinitesimally small compared to infinity.

That is the fact is that the 'ID" people fail to grasp. Note that I am not an atheist, I am more in the 'pantheist' category.

You claim someone can prove life originated without God but you seem incapable of proving that yourself.

You can't prove a negative, Mark. Science doesn't claim one way or the other as to whether or not there is a god. Individual scientists might believe their is no God, and some do, in fact, believe in God, but that, like any belief, is just a belief, and not science. To claim there is no God is no more scientific than to claim there is a God. There is no claim being made by science on the question of whether or not there is a God. The only 'claim' that is being made, is that life was created by an intelligent designer, AKA "God". Since that is the only claim on the table, the onus is on those who make that claim to prove it. Most scientists I know would not make that claim because the evidence supports randomity. IN my own personal belief system, I'm a pantheist, I believe that life has a spiritual source, but it is not an intelligent designer, it is a river from which all life springs, just like life emerges ultimately from the ocean and organic ponds. My view is that in order to uphold any spiritual beliefs, it shouldn't conflict with science and pantheism doesn't conflict with Science, which is why I go with it. Who knows, maybe life occurs by chance, and that IS the 'design', and that is what nature is.

If there is extraterrestrial life, that doesn't mean that there is no god.
I rhere is extraterrestrial life, that doesn't mean that there is a god.
All it means is that there is life elsewhere in the universe.

Tell me exactly what god made the earth from and don't avoid the question. Also, exactly how many years ago did he do this.
God created the universe from nothing, apparently just several thousand years ago. Everybody who knows anything knows matter had a beginning, meaning matter came from nothing. However, not everyone is willing to believe that only God could have created matter from nothing.

Let's not kid ourselves, you are, in fact, asserting that those who do not accept your premise are not as intelligent as those that do. Don't deny it, please, for if you do, I won't believe you.
I do think it is foolish to believe matter had a beginning but not an origin.
Mark, with due respect, when you assert that intelligent people MUST accept your premise and if they don't agree with you you are implying they are not intelligent if they don't agree with you, and by doing that, what you are doing is waiving a flag that says 'Hello folks, I am ignorant". Is that the flag you want to wave? You realize that intelligence, like all forms of awareness, occur in nature in layered levels. You have, in the ocean, and see if you can follow this analogy: in the ocean we have, mud crawlers, and at the surface, we have mammals that breath air, and then we have everything in between the mud and the surface. A mud crawler cannot fathom what it is like to be an intelligent, air breathing mammal, nor can an air breathing ocean going mammal know what it is like to be land based human and in this line of reasoning, NOR CAN YOU fathom what intelligent people, PERHAPS more intelligent than you, what they can know, or not know, people who are above your intellectual paygrade. Everyone has someone more intelligent than they are, there are no exceptions. Capiche? To make such a statement is a pseudo debate trick called 'Posturing', which is an attempt to puff oneself up so as to achieve a higher posture in the hopes that no one can question you. But, that is a logical fallacy.
If animals could think and talk like humans, they would also be stupid if they thought matter miraculously created itself somehow in a way science cannot rationally explain apart from God.
Your assumption is that life cannot exist without god. But, what you mean is life cannot exist without a supremely intelligent designer. What you are doing is assuming the nature of God, and that is where your logic breaks down. How can we, mortal human beings, possibly fathom the true nature of God? Well, I'll give my two cents: In my view, there just may be a spiritual basis to life, which is, in my view, what God is, but it's not what religionists think, it's not an entity above all things designing things. As a pantheist, myself, I accept that the spiritual basis to life is just a spiritual river, and essence, a force, from which all life springs, but thing is, it happens in randomity. The evidence of the randomity of existence is overwhelming, there is no denying it. That doesn't preclude the concept that life could (and probably does) have a spiritual basis. I.E. "Chance'. But, see, assuming infinity, all that is possible, is inevitable. so, in essence, 'God' is an abstract concept called infinity, because as long as there is such a thing as infinity, and I suggest there is, all that is required for life to occur is that it is possible, and if it is possible, (and it IS possible) therefore, it is inevitable. Oh, it might take 50 trillion throws of the universal dice to occur, but note that ALL numbers are infinitesimally small compared to infinity.
You admit a supreme being must have created life on earth, but you chastise me for not agreeing with you that the God of the Bible was not the Creator God. That is your opinion, but you cannot prove it so don't presume to criticize my opinions as though your opinions are irrefutable facts.
That is the fact is that the 'ID" people fail to grasp. Note that I am not an atheist, I am more in the 'pantheist' category.
Your opinion is not a fact intelligent people fail to grasp. Your opinion is an unproven opinion intelligent people realize is just an opinion.

You can't prove a negative, Mark. Science doesn't claim one way or the other as to whether or not there is a god. Individual scientists might believe their is no God, and some do, in fact, believe in God, but that, like any belief, is just a belief, and not science. To claim there is no God is no more scientific than to claim there is a God. There is no claim being made by science on the question of whether or not there is a God. The only 'claim' that is being made, is that life was created by an intelligent designer, AKA "God". Since that is the only claim on the table, the onus is on those who make that claim to prove it. Most scientists I know would not make that claim because the evidence supports randomity. IN my own personal belief system, I'm a pantheist, I believe that life has a spiritual source, but it is not an intelligent designer, it is a river from which all life springs, just like life emerges ultimately from the ocean and organic ponds. My view is that in order to uphold any spiritual beliefs, it shouldn't conflict with science and pantheism doesn't conflict with Science, which is why I go with it. Who knows, maybe life occurs by chance, and that IS the 'design', and that is what nature is.
Leftists assume that because there is no way to prove God does not exist then He must not exist. Leftists may think that is brilliant reasoning but it is not. It is a stupid evasion of irrefutable facts, evidence, and truth.

People of all sorts, including pastors and police officers are being arrested for sex crimes against children. When will America wake up and realize that teaching gutter sex perversion to kids in school turns many of those kids into adult perverts?

No. When will they realise religion is a honey pot for paedophiles. Don't blame the education system on 60 yo men of the cloth. They know what they're doing.

God created the universe from nothing,
Really? If he can do it from nothing, so can the big bang. How can something be created from nothing then?
apparently just several thousand years ago.

Apparently by whose wisdom? The Bible? Grow up.
Everybody who knows anything knows matter had a beginning, meaning matter came from nothing.
Isn't that exactly what the big bang theory is saying?
Do you ever read what you write? You're now agreeing with men
However, not everyone is willing to believe that only God could have created matter from nothing.
No one believes that except fools like you godbotherers. There is no god nor is evidence he created anything. He also supposedly mad man from dirt,, made eve from Adams rib, turned water to wine.
Yet you expect intelligent people to believe that shit?

No. When will they realise religion is a honey pot for paedophiles. Don't blame the education system on 60 yo men of the cloth. They know what they're doing.
The foolish and unlearned do not understand that teaching little kids perverted sex will lead many of them to grow up being sex perverts.

Werbung:
Really? If he can do it from nothing, so can the big bang. How can something be created from nothing then?
God has power, the Big Bang had no power.
Apparently by whose wisdom? The Bible? Grow up.

Isn't that exactly what the big bang theory is saying?
Do you ever read what you write? You're now agreeing with men

No one believes that except fools like you godbotherers. There is no god nor is evidence he created anything. He also supposedly mad man from dirt,, made eve from Adams rib, turned water to wine.
Yet you expect intelligent people to believe that shit?

Back