Info being fwd to Fred Thompson campaign

Chin

All,

My apologies in advance for this little missive. However, I feel that now is the time for some candor.

My name is Michael Ryan. I am a veteran and conservative columnist. In addition to administering my site (which I won't plug here), I contribute on/at...

www.TheConservativeVoice.com
www.HeadingRight.com
www.BlogsForThompson.com

I realize I may have already stated this previously. But posting it all in one spot is mighty tidy.

So, that's who I am.

Now, to the point. The internet is rife with loose "Draft Fred" coalitions. Over the course of the last month, I have been in contact with many of them. Some, but not all, make many claims about being 'officially' connected with the Thompson campaign. I have found this to by and large be bunk. There is no 'official' Thompson campaign. Some have mistakenly assumed that I am 'officially' connected to the campaign, which is not true.

Here is what is true. I, through sheer tenacity, or just dumb luck, have managed to contact and gain access to a few groups of people related to Fred Thompson. They fall into these categories:

1) National (and some local), publicly elected officials who have endorsed Sen. Thompson.
2) Former aides to Sen. Thompson and/or former aides to group 1 who have formed early organizations
3) Political activists/strategists who (a) do/did hold positions of prominence within the GOP (b) have offered support to Senator Thompson.

Through these contacts, I now have been assured that any organizational info I can provide is very welcomed and will reach the appropriated individual. I, being a cautious and skeptical individual, am awaiting iron-clad confirmation prior to forwarding the info I currently have.

What is that info?

As of this post, I have a database of @ 225 blogs that support Fred Thompson. All the dupes and clone sites have been removed and most have e-mail addresses to the site owner included. This list seems to grow every time I open my e-mail. I've tried to grab everyone who has posted their site on here. After, I have finished the list, I will post it. If I have missed you, I apologize. PLEASE send me a e-mail so I can get you on the list.

So that covers the blogger end. What about state-state?

I, with the help of another poster here, have compiled a list of people who have expressed an interest in being organizers/volunteers in my state (MD). I’ve also spoken with a few others from other states who are doing the same.

So what can YOU do? Step up and volunteer to collect the contact info for the folks in your state. A good place to start is the state by state sections on this board and/or others like it, where people have posted that they want to get plugged in. Sorry, there is no way I can do this on my own. It will simply take too much time. Someone from each state will need to volunteer.

Forward the information to me in an Excel spreadsheet. Use this format.

NAME E-MAIL COUNTY # OF PEOPLE IN PERSONS GROUP

PLEASE DO NOT send me each individual record separately. We want to be able to incorporate each state as a separate worksheet, sorted by county. My guess by my state so far is that we should track at around 20k people nationwide.

SO WHAT WILL HAPPEN WITH THIS INFORMATION?

After I have received confirmation as to ‘the right guy’ from my contact, I will forward all the info to that person and that person ONLY. I will require a privacy act statement prior to releasing any date. And all parties will receive a copy once it is received by me.

My current feeling is that there is not yet a ‘the right guy’ in the Thompson organization for internet related communications. This person is usually referred to as something like ‘Director of new media relations’ or some other similar title. In the absence of said person, I have volunteered to be ‘that guy’ until the position is ‘officially filled’. That e-mail was sent today, when I realized the sheer volume of contact info I had already collected. It seemed rather silly to piecemeal the info, when one large, collated transfer could be easily uploaded and databased.

WHY SHOULD I PROVIDE THIS INFORMATION TO YOU?

Believe me. I understand your concern. Trust me, I have spent the last month talking to people who had claimed to be ‘the right guy’, only to find out through my connections that they had never heard of the guy. Most likely, these types a people looking to build traffic to their websites for a few google-ad pennies (sad). You’ll note, I have not listed my site here.

In addition, I’ll cite this piece in TheConservativeVoice…

http://www.theconservativevoice.com/article/25560.html

You’ll note that I do not divulge my source, a nationally known politician. I would hope that if this individual trusts me with their identity, you can trust me with your e-mail address.

I know this seems a little sales pitchy. But I honestly just want to save everyone else the time that I had to spend playing ring around the rosy before getting to the horses mouth, so to speak. The internet is strange place where people get very territorial for no reason. It’s time to move past that and rally together to provide Fred with the largest, most organized team we can. Remember, a testing the waters committee has a time limit to declare. So a critical part of Sen. Thompson's decision making process will be an early sense of how quickly the ground troops are organizing.

NOTE TO JEFF: I contacted the individual you mentioned and received no response. If/when they contact me, I’ll pull them into the loop. I’m also posting this in Bloggers and Organizational Efforts. Most other boards do not have that level of breakdown. But I felt it important that people be able to have an entire understanding of the stuation as of this moment.

NOTE: None of this information is designed to infer any type of “look at me”, “I’m connected” type of impression. I’m just a guy who writes a lot on the internet who happened to meet a few people along the way who will be helpful. But I felt it would be refreshing to actually be able to coordinate with someone who is at least willing to provide full disclosure.

Anyone who has any questions or concerns, please e-mail at chin@houseofchin.com

State organization lists and/or site submissions media@houseofchin.com

Once I have determined the appropriate contact for this medium and ensured everyone’s privacy. You will receive an e-mail from that individual, or myself from teamthompson@houseofchin.com . (Hopefully, within a week or so, as things start to come online) This e-mail will serve as the collective address and you will receive a password to the members only section. This section will be used to store any info that the campaign sees fit to promulgate in an other than mass media release.

With warmest regards,

Michael Ryan

Go Fred!!

Thanks -Chin

Werbung:
http://www.****************.net

SEE ABOVE?............THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED TO THE LINK I HAD IN MY SIG AND PROFILE....IT WAS ADDED TO THE WORD FILTER....... YOU CANNTOT EVEN TYPE THE NAME IN BECAUSE THE WHOLE SERIES OF WORDS HAS BEEN BANNED.......................AS A MATTER OF FACT ROKER SENT THIS LINK TO 3 MEMEBERS WHO REQUESTED IT IN PMS THE PMS WERE LIKE YOU SEE ABOVE...AND rOKER WAS ACCUSED OF SENDING PERSONAL MESSAGES WITH SWEARING AND CURSING IN THEM.....ALL HE WROTE WAS THE LINK ABOVE

THIS SHOULD BE AN ACROSS THE BOARD ISSUE WHY ARE SOME ALLOWED TO SPAM AND PTHERS PROHIBITED? THIS SENDS MIXED MESSAGES TO YOUR MEMBERSHIP

AND MAKE ENFORCING RULES DIFFICULT IF NOT IMPOSSIBLE

http://www.toughpolitics.com

http://alwayspolitics.com

I don't own any of the sites referenced, my brother. This is not spam. It is political activism. My site was intentionally omitted to avoid any misinterpretation that I was spamming the board.

Just sayin'.

Still Spam

I Posted Links To Other Political Message Boards They Were Removed And It Labled Spam

We Need Cohesion In Rules

I didn't post links to other political message boards. For that matter, I didn't even post a link to my site. I posted links to corroborate the post. The fact that I contribute there is anecdotal in context to the post. I advocated for a political candidate and provided evidence as to the voracity of the source. The fact that the source happens t be me is immaterial to the post (and again, I posted no info that would provide gain to myself, financial, web-traffic or otherwise). If those facts a stuck in your craw, then I'm sorry to hear that. But the fact remains, this post, unlike other which purely advocate for a specific competing site, is not spam.

It is political advocacy on a political message board, which is typically their intended purpose.

Werbung:
Dear Chin,

I find your post hilarious. Do you really think a political forum with libertarians and communists all the way to the far right are going to join your campaign? This is a forum for people of all beliefs, not just some right wing debate website like headingright.com and conservativevoice.com. I doubt you are a political columnist in the true sense of the word because you don't seem to realise anything about what this political forum is.

I think I can speak for most people on this board by saying we do not want to back Fred Thompson. This is borderline spam anyway, and one of the other mods might see fit to delete it.

Back