Is Glenn Beck the dumbest man on the air?

I would hardly put stossel in that group..more then a few times I have read stories about him being lets just say ..lose with the facts...I recall one even suggested they planted evidence of something..but I could be thinking of something else..had to do with a lynx if I recall.

Link? Certainly you have evidence.

Werbung:
Another one of those threads, stupid from the beginning, that just won't die. :rolleyes:

there is a difference between right and left leaning news...and just stupid.
And Olbermann and Stewart do the news, and try to deal with facts ( you just don't like how they view them) Beck...just makes crap up and spins conspiracy theories that make a Dan Brown Book look like Fiction.

I like Jon Stewart but he is not news, even he said he is not news he is comedy and entertainment

olbermann just did gotcha politics and only on the right while ignoring everything hypocritical on the left

what are some of the things beck lies about? since he does it all the time you should have a pretty big list

I like Jon Stewart but he is not news, even he said he is not news he is comedy and entertainment

olbermann just did gotcha politics and only on the right while ignoring everything hypocritical on the left

what are some of the things beck lies about? since he does it all the time you should have a pretty big list

Stewart is a comedian, and a very good one.
I never did watch Olberman, and so won't comment on him.

Beck is an entertainer also:

I Could Give A Flying Crap About The Political Process' -- I'm An Entertainer!

No one should be getting their news from entertainers and comedians.

Link? Certainly you have evidence.

this is the story from Fair ...
http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=1651
He did not fake the fur....what he did was report that someone had faked the fur...knowing that they had not...so that what it was...I knew it had to do with a lynx and fake fur of some form.

here are some other reports on him from them
http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=19&media_outlet_id=19

I think he fits the bill of of , write the story then find out how to fill it in with evidence to back it up later from what I have seen. Granted sometimes I use to enjoy stories ( its been years since I watched what ever station he was on )

Stewart is a comedian, and a very good one.
I never did watch Olberman, and so won't comment on him.

Beck is an entertainer also:

No one should be getting their news from entertainers and comedians.

Stewart is a entertainer, who happens to also be good at news ( and telling the stuff the normal media seems to forget...like when someone said the opposite of what they just said before) But at least he is on Comedy Central.. ( so yes its sad he does a better job then the mainstream at times...when trying to be serious at least...)

Beck...is on Fox NEWS....so I guess it would be asking alot if he could at least base his ideas on something with some facts to back it up...Its hard to take Fox serious as "news" when they still air him. He is more fitted for sitting in his moms basement on his conspiracy blog fearing the black helicopters coming to get him.

Olberman, while yes you know what side of the fence he is on, tried to lay out very clear facts ( most of the time...I do not claim 100% on that) I watched him alot for a while, but did so only at random later.

Also at least I never claim MSNBC is 100% fair and balanced...I know it leans to the left most of the time. Its sad when right wingers try to cling to some idea that Fox is fair and Balanced...as 90% of the republican 2014 feild are on there payroll ...and I can't name a liberal on the network even. ( MSNBC has Joe S, and you could say as well Pat Buchanan as he is on quite a bit, and has at times filed in on shows ...they had tucker for a while, but he ratings bombed...but I did like his show)

this is the story from Fair ...
http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=1651
He did not fake the fur....what he did was report that someone had faked the fur...knowing that they had not...so that what it was...I knew it had to do with a lynx and fake fur of some form.

here are some other reports on him from them
http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=19&media_outlet_id=19

I think he fits the bill of of , write the story then find out how to fill it in with evidence to back it up later from what I have seen. Granted sometimes I use to enjoy stories ( its been years since I watched what ever station he was on )

Really a dispute of the origins of a lynx fur??? next...

Really a dispute of the origins of a lynx fur??? next...

the point is, when you have evidence that what your saying is wrong..and you ignore it because it goes against your point...even if the story is about a Lynx (where he was attacking environmentalist and the government)...does that say something about his Journalistic integrity?

And the list has other issue they have had with his reporting...that was just the one I happen to recall.

the point is, when you have evidence that what your saying is wrong..and you ignore it because it goes against your point...even if the story is about a Lynx (where he was attacking environmentalist and the government)...does that say something about his Journalistic integrity?

And the list has other issue they have had with his reporting...that was just the one I happen to recall.

The point is flimsy at best. The article didnt prove where the linx fur came from... Im willing to throw Stossel under the bus with the rest of them but I need something more substantial.

The point is flimsy at best. The article didnt prove where the linx fur came from... Im willing to throw Stossel under the bus with the rest of them but I need something more substantial.

"because the actual source of the fur was plainly noted in the researchers' lab books, which are the official record of the study. " the fact it was listed, and and the one who did it and listed it, where removed from the study...seems pretty clear to me...

Is Glenn Beck the dumbest man on the air?

Well, now that Olbermann is kicked out, I'd say Matthews is the heir apparent.

(Except Olbermann just got a job with Owlgore, does that count as "on the air" if no one listens?)

"because the actual source of the fur was plainly noted in the researchers' lab books, which are the official record of the study. " the fact it was listed, and and the one who did it and listed it, where removed from the study...seems pretty clear to me...

If he claimed they were being dishonest why would the researchers records be considered? If they were dishonest with the fur they would be dishonest with the record.

Werbung:
If he claimed they were being dishonest why would the researchers records be considered? If they were dishonest with the fur they would be dishonest with the record.

well now you are just running the road of...your a liar....now nothing you can say will work because I just say well how do I know your not telling a a lie again.

There was no "dishonest" fake sample sent to try do prove there was something where there was not...it was what was known as a Blind test ( and this would be something recorded at the time..not something you could just add in later when called on it,...

"The biologists were skeptical that the lab would produce accurate results; they were suspicious of test results, ironically enough, because another lab had found more lynx than the biologists thought was likely." The samples as I noted where listed as where they where from..therefor could not in any way be used to prove what Stossle claims they where trying to do.

The reason they where removed was that such a blind test was not suppose to be part of the research ( even though it would not in fact change the results) and that was why they where removed...for doing extra tests outside the parameters of the study. in Any major science study, where you spend alot of time setting up how the study will be done...you want people to follow it to the letter....even if there idea may be a good one....The projects them self after go threw review before you even do them...and you are to keep to what you said you where going to do from that point...not wing it. When I did my last major report like this ( though political , I went threw same process) though I came up with ideas later on I though would be helpful...it was to late and I did just as I said...One person I know had hers get so hard to do, she needed to revamp it major...but it was to late to redraw up a new plan for the study...she retook the class to start over...rather then just change it from what she said and was approved.

Back