Kidnap victim freed after 18 years

I'll second that.

End Prohibition & Legalize POT!!!!

I never thought Id agree with you on much

I assume you are against the death penalty, so we would agree on that...

I agree about making pot legal but I would say first they have to come up with a way to find out if you are currently high.

If you are drinking and driving there are tests to prove it, if you are at work drunk there are tests to prove it, with pot they can only really say if you smoked it within the last month.

I would not want to be on the road driving with stoned people out there driving, or working with stoned people.

so advocate coming up with some test to be able to say if someone is high and driving/working exc and I bet most people would agree with you about making it legal :)

Werbung:
See, these are the sort of cases where I might say give him his speedy trial, and in 3 days bring him out back and provide a lead pill injection. There is no sense in wasting resources in such a way.
ABSOLUTELY!!!! (...And, quite typical of an Alaskan-separatist. :rolleyes: )

Hell....if we were ever put any buck$ into figuring-out what DRIVES people to do such things....we might (actually) minimize or AVOID such instances, in the future!!!

How the Hell are we (ever) gonna get any revenge, THAT way??!!!! :eek:

It's bad-enough that we're no-longer allowed to burn epileptics, at-the-stake, for being POSSESSED!!!!

Before you know it.....if we were able to deal with child-molestation, successfully....Old Europe might start considering us a bunch o' CIVILIZED-WIMPS.....and, what would the ghost o' John Wayne SAY ABOUT THAT????!!!!

:eek:

Oh dang! I did not know he was suspected in murder's. This is just a really sad story. I hope the murder's will be solved so the family members can move on.

This is all taking place in Calif. I do not think they have the death penalty in Calif and if they do, they are like Oregon and do not use it. So I highly doubt he will die for his crimes.

What kind of crimes do you think people should get the death penalty for outside of murder?

By the way, thank you for that link

We have the death penalty on the books, but prisoners are more likely to die of old age than of a lethal injection. We also have some of the most severe penalties for sex crimes in the nation, or so I'm told. If that's so, then this creep picked a good state to live in.

As for the sex offender registry, it appears that is a California law. If you want to look at some real scumbags, take a look here:

Zoom in and click on a dot to see a scumbag

I never thought Id agree with you on much.

I assume you are against the death penalty, so we would agree on that...

I agree about making pot legal but I would say first they have to come up with a way to find out if you are currently high.

I would not want to be on the road driving with stoned people out there driving..
...Especially since we're so successful at keeping drunks off-the-road, right???

Put a little-more effort into gettin' the facts....​

....or working with stoned people.
Ya' ever worked with someone who was stoned?​

...Especially since we're so successful at keeping drunks off-the-road, right???

Put a little-more effort into gettin' the facts....

Ya' ever worked with someone who was stoned?​

I think the drunk driving laws are working ok, not perfect but ok. There used to be way way way more drunks on the road.

I do think the limit they set is a bit silly for most people though.

as for working with stoned people, yeah I have and do. For the type of work we do its not a huge deal, just annoying but for someone who has to be very careful at their job like filling prescriptions or someone who works around heavy equipment it would be no fun at all.

Do you advocate for being able to work and drive high too?

We have the death penalty on the books, but prisoners are more likely to die of old age than of a lethal injection. We also have some of the most severe penalties for sex crimes in the nation, or so I'm told. If that's so, then this creep picked a good state to live in.

As for the sex offender registry, it appears that is a California law. If you want to look at some real scumbags, take a look here:

Was the death penalty off the books for a period of time? I thought I had read the reason why the manson murders were not givin the death penalty was because there were no DP laws on the books (they had been takin off)

I might be confusing that with NYC who did take the DP off the books not long before the son of sam was captured.

Actually, thinking about it

didnt Scott Peterson get the DP and also the horrible man who stole, raped and killed Daniel VanDam

GREAT!!!!!!!

It was always so easy to keep Blacks outta our neighborhoods....'cause they were so obvious!!! (Damned PC-libruls & their Equal Rights crap ruined all that!!)

Wellllll....now there's a way to identify the mentally-ill, as well, huh??!!!!

YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Hell.....Life ain't worth livin', if we can't pile-on SOMEONE!!! It's just like any other team-building effort!!!

How can we consider ourselves the Good Guys, if it becomes more-and-more difficult to identify the BAD Guys??!!!

GREAT!!!!!!!

It was always so easy to keep Blacks outta our neighborhoods....'cause they were so obvious!!! (Damned PC-libruls & their Equal Rights crap ruined all that!!)

Wellllll....now there's a way to identify the mentally-ill, as well, huh??!!!!

YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Hell.....Life ain't worth livin', if we can't pile-on SOMEONE!!! It's just like any other team-building effort!!!

How can we consider ourselves the Good Guys, if it becomes more-and-more difficult to identify the BAD Guys??!!!

You do not think the public should be aware of who the sex offenders are?

How do you keep your children safe? How do you keep the schools safe if we do not know the ones who have been caught and released?

I think the drunk driving laws are working ok, not perfect but ok. There used to be way way way more drunks on the road.

I do think the limit they set is a bit silly for most people though.
So....you're willing to allow-for people who're somewhat-loaded, huh? Where do you draw-the-line....and, does that only count, for alcohol?​

....as for working with stoned people, yeah I have and do. For the type of work we do its not a huge deal, just annoying...
Yeah....some people (simply) need to learn how to complain, more, about their job. It's pretty difficult to get some people to buy-into that, when gettin' high makes their job more-tolerable.​

Do you advocate for being able to work and drive high too?

Back in the mid-'70s (when we were doing the robot-thing, in Colorado, building tape-drives), it was the only thing that kept you from goin' crazy.

Driving??? I'll tell you....a couple-hits, off a joint, surely does make the drive thru Kansas & Nebraska a helluva-lot-more tolerable!!!!!

So....you're willing to allow-for people who're somewhat-loaded, huh? Where do you draw-the-line....and, does that only count, for alcohol?

Yeah....some people (simply) need to learn how to complain, more, about their job. It's pretty difficult to get some people to buy-into that, when gettin' high makes their job more-tolerable.

Back in the mid-'70s (when we were doing the robot-thing, in Colorado, building tape-drives), it was the only thing that kept you from goin' crazy.

Driving??? I'll tell you....a couple-hits, off a joint, surely does make the drive thru Kansas & Nebraska a helluva-lot-more tolerable!!!!!

I do not know what the exact limit is and I am not much of a drinker but In another thread a few people pointed out the legal limit is something really small like a drink. I do not know if a hit off a joint is equal to a drink so I dont really know.

You do not think the public should be aware of who the sex offenders are?
I think they're mentally-ill people (more-than-likely thru no-choice-of-their-own), who're entitled to be cared-for!! If we're gonna start executing people (like some want), for having a disease....where do we draw-the-line?

I think (some such) mentally-ill people should be confined; humanely. Anyone, who suggests child-molesters choose to be social-pariahs, should be kept in a seperate-facility.

I guess I don't see using mentally-ill people, as a source of entertainment, a very civilized-activity. I figure...if I'm bored, brutalizing/assaulting/terrorizing someone handicapped/weaker-than-me isn't an option.

I'm thinkin'....institutionalizing someone might (more-often) be for their own protection (from society), than for society's protection from them.​

I do not know what the exact limit is and I am not much of a drinker but In another thread a few people pointed out the legal limit is something really small like a drink. I do not know if a hit off a joint is equal to a drink so I dont really know.
Well, at least you admit what you don't know...as-opposed-to those folks who insist on legislating issues (with strict-guidelines), based on zero-science.​

So....you're willing to allow-for people who're somewhat-loaded, huh? Where do you draw-the-line....and, does that only count, for alcohol?

Yeah....some people (simply) need to learn how to complain, more, about their job. It's pretty difficult to get some people to buy-into that, when gettin' high makes their job more-tolerable.

Does smoking pot lead to posting non sequiters?

What does keeping blacks out of neighborhoods, and smoking pot, have to do with sex offenders?

Being able to look online and see who the creeps are who abuse children should help parents keep their kids away from them, don't you think?

Was the death penalty off the books for a period of time? I thought I had read the reason why the manson murders were not givin the death penalty was because there were no DP laws on the books (they had been takin off)

I might be confusing that with NYC who did take the DP off the books not long before the son of sam was captured.

Actually, thinking about it

didnt Scott Peterson get the DP and also the horrible man who stole, raped and killed Daniel VanDam

It could have been off the books for a time, I don't remember. It might as well be off the books. I think we could do just as well without it, just keep prisoners like Manson or Peterson locked up until they die of natural causes. It's actually cheaper that way anyway.

Scott Peterson did get the death penalty. I wasn't sure, so I looked it up here.

Werbung:
Mr. Shaman Said: Driving??? I'll tell you....a couple-hits, off a joint, surely does make the drive thru Kansas & Nebraska a helluva-lot-more tolerable!!!!!

HEY - :eek: I RESEMBLE THAT REMARK...:D

But while you are 'toking on that Mary Jane'...be careful our strong winds don't blow you off of the road and into the ditch...Like WTH happened ??? Man, one minute I was just driving and the next
minute I'm upside down in the ditch...now that was some serious 'Colombian Gold'!!! :cool:

Back