KSM trial to be a military one now ?

Question 1: Is Al Qaida a criminal organization or a paramilitary organization?
Question 2: Were the attacks of 9/11 a crime or an act of war?
Question 3: If an American associated with Al Qaida is caught planning a terrorist attack, what crime did he commit? (Ref: Article III, Sec 3, US Constitution)

The answers to these questions determine where KSM and Americans assisting Al Qaida should be tried. Obviously, there is disagreement over the answers to these questions, and name calling doesn't help settle the issue.

My view is that KSM is an unlawful enemy combatant which is not covered (nor defined) by the Geneva Conventions of 1949, which only cover acts of wars between states. Personally, I think he should be taken out and shot, like we used to do to saboteurs in WWII. Alas, that was before we signed the 1949 Geneva Conventions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unlawful_combatant

The problem is neither US nor international law have kept up with the times. All branches of government have been wrestling with this issue since 2001, and we're still wrestling with it. Until the Congress and the Administration can put together a salient law that the SCOTUS doesn't strike down, we're not going to make any headway.

Werbung:
Question 1: Is Al Qaida a criminal organization or a paramilitary organization?
Question 2: Were the attacks of 9/11 a crime or an act of war?
Question 3: If an American associated with Al Qaida is caught planning a terrorist attack, what crime did he commit? (Ref: Article III, Sec 3, US Constitution)/QUOTE]

Answers:
1. It is a paramilitary terrorist organization
2. An act of war
3. Treason

Try them in military courts and when found guilty, execute them just as FDR did to Nazi spies. Ironic that our most progressive president (FDR) did the right thing unlike the anti-American pussy progressives running the show now.

might as well do it at Gitmo too

dontcha think its past time for Holder to go spend more time with his family ? what a disaster this guy has been.

This is just my opinion but we should have never announced that we even caught KSM in the first place. We should have kept it a secret from the American people if no the world. That was the biggest mistake the Bush administration made right there. We should never announce when we capture a major terrorist leader for the simple fact that when we do we're expected as a nation to do the right thing and then the politicians in Washington D.C. play it out like a political football. When we capture a terrorist leader we need to keep our mouths shut about and bar any media outlets from even participating in any round up operation of any kind. I'm sorry but the U.S. Constitution stops at our shores and doesn't extend to foreign countries in regards to the freedom of the press. The American people DON'T have a right to know about sensitive operations and I don't understand why that doesn't include picking up terrorist leaders...

Werbung:
This is just my opinion but we should have never announced that we even caught KSM in the first place. We should have kept it a secret from the American people if no the world. That was the biggest mistake the Bush administration made right there. We should never announce when we capture a major terrorist leader for the simple fact that when we do we're expected as a nation to do the right thing and then the politicians in Washington D.C. play it out like a political football. When we capture a terrorist leader we need to keep our mouths shut about and bar any media outlets from even participating in any round up operation of any kind. I'm sorry but the U.S. Constitution stops at our shores and doesn't extend to foreign countries in regards to the freedom of the press. The American people DON'T have a right to know about sensitive operations and I don't understand why that doesn't include picking up terrorist leaders...

OMG...but what better tool for all of those negative thoughts and statements that G.W.B. was suffering from then to have made a deck of cards with those 'MOST WANTED' war criminals faces attached to them and then he {G.W.B.} could boast/brag/strut around as if he had single handily captured those terrorist on his on! What a great media - hyped up PR thing to do...and it was picked up by the AP and sent out world wide...SEE THE GREAT AMERICAN PLAN...SEE HOW WELL IT WORKS :cool:

Back