Left Turn...

Well, I agree with you on legalized prostitution (it's a LOT safer!) and on the death penalty. I don't have much issue with polygamy, except for two reasons: do the 3 wives of a polygamist each get a 1/3 of his Social security, or do EACH get the full amount? That would make a huge difference!

And, unfortunately, it seems that too many proponents of polygamy see no problem with selecting their wives among children. . .this I totally am against.

I should have been more clear, sorry! Polygamy between adults and I don't care if its 3 men and one woman or 5 women and 2 men.

I do not think prostitution should be legal because its safer, I think it should be legal because a person (woman) has a right to do with her own body what she likes. I only draw the line when her choices effect other lives. I am against the seat belt law for adults and the helmet law too. I am perfectly fine with laws that protect children.

I also think the government needs to get its nose out of peoples personal lives, I would like to see marriage go back to the people involved and their minister/priest/pastor exc. In the olden days you wrote in your bible what day you were married and your fathers or mothers signed the bible with the priest pastor or minister and that was it.

There should be no benefits for married people, its not fair to unmarried people. We should all have the exact skin in the game. we should all pay the same exact percent in taxes and get the exact same deductions as each other.

Actually I would like to see the IRS scrapped and just a single sales tax in effect. That would encourage the people to save and discourage them to spend and even hookers, pimps and drug dealers and illegals would be paying taxes because we all buy. And the evil rich would pay the most since they buy the most. and that would end loop holes for the rich and such.

Werbung:
I really don't think it is very hard to see and understand liberal bias in the MSM. When you consider how different most MSM journalists and reporters are from the average american, it makes sense they would be more liberal then most of us.

I think with even a small amount of common sense applied, you could easily justify saying:

1) Most journalism school graduates are more liberal than average, just like most business school graduates are more conservative.

2) Most Manhattanites are more liberal than average, just like most rural americans are more conservative.

If you graduate from a liberal arts program and live in Manhattan, the culture you live in and your daily life choices are completely different than say, a farmer or small business owner in Dubuque, Iowa.

If most of our daily news were presented to us by farmers and small business owners, I am positive we'd be debating conservative bias!

Most of our news is being presented by liberals. Even if they try their very best to be unbiased, what they consider "the middle" is well to the left of most americans.

Agreed and liberal bias news reporting is wrong. It distorts reality and that is why many liberals do not know what is really going on. Many news outlets are now divisions of the D party. The government media complex is very harmful and if it is not stopped, it will destroy America.

As the Great One said..."It is not that our liberal friends are ignorant. Its just that so much of what they know isn't so."

As the Great One said..."It is not that our liberal friends are ignorant. Its just that so much of what they know isn't so."

As the "Great One" also said..."If we classify Ketchup as a vegetable instead of a condiment, we can cut millions from the school lunch program."

There should be no benefits for married people, its not fair to unmarried people. We should all have the exact skin in the game. we should all pay the same exact percent in taxes and get the exact same deductions as each other.
QUOTE]

What "benefits" are those? The only "benefit" married couples get is they can get a deduction for each Dependant (if they have any). Other than that, there is the "marriage penalty" (higher rate when filing jointly).

I should have been more clear, sorry! Polygamy between adults and I don't care if its 3 men and one woman or 5 women and 2 men.

I do not think prostitution should be legal because its safer, I think it should be legal because a person (woman) has a right to do with her own body what she likes. I only draw the line when her choices effect other lives. I am against the seat belt law for adults and the helmet law too. I am perfectly fine with laws that protect children.

I also think the government needs to get its nose out of peoples personal lives, I would like to see marriage go back to the people involved and their minister/priest/pastor exc. In the olden days you wrote in your bible what day you were married and your fathers or mothers signed the bible with the priest pastor or minister and that was it.

Actually I would like to see the IRS scrapped and just a single sales tax in effect. That would encourage the people to save and discourage them to spend and even hookers, pimps and drug dealers and illegals would be paying taxes because we all buy. And the evil rich would pay the most since they buy the most. and that would end loop holes for the rich and such.
THere is a law that requires children's pajamas to be fire retardant. There are reasons that law was passed. Are you against it? If so, why?

QUOTE]

What "benefits" are those? The only "benefit" married couples get is they can get a deduction for each Dependant (if they have any). Other than that, there is the "marriage penalty" (higher rate when filing jointly).

I meant as in SS open asked me if a second plural wife would get 1/2 of a dead husbands SS a live in lover does not get that option I don't believe in ss either but if we have to have it, what a person has remaining should be able to be left in full to someone in their will regardless of marital status

THere is a law that requires children's pajamas to be fire retardant. There are reasons that law was passed. Are you against it? If so, why?

No
Not at all

I am all for laws that protect kids.

I do not think our stinkin government has a right to tell me to wear a seat belt unless I am pregnant but they can require I seat belt my child.

Laws to protect kids are perfectly fine with me, I am against the government protecting me from myself

No
Not at all

I am all for laws that protect kids.

I do not think our stinkin government has a right to tell me to wear a seat belt unless I am pregnant but they can require I seat belt my child.

Laws to protect kids are perfectly fine with me, I am against the government protecting me from myself

How about protecting your kids from you?

Not that I think you would ever intentionally hurt your kids! That's not what I am referring to.

I just had a pretty bad car accident, and I didn't wear my seatbelt (I was in the back seat). I could have died...
I am old enough that all my kids are adults, so it wouldn't have affected their life.

But If I had a small child. . .I don't think I would ahve had the right to take that chance and leave my child alone.

How about protecting your kids from you?

Not that I think you would ever intentionally hurt your kids! That's not what I am referring to.

I just had a pretty bad car accident, and I didn't wear my seatbelt (I was in the back seat). I could have died...
I am old enough that all my kids are adults, so it wouldn't have affected their life.

But If I had a small child. . .I don't think I would ahve had the right to take that chance and leave my child alone.

That is a good example but I am not sure it's totally reasonable.

I have a question for you....

What is your opinion on abortion?

I will find it kind of strange if you think an adult has to wear a seat belt in the unlikely event there is a car wreck so bad they would need to tend to a child but aborting a child and guaranteeing their sure death is ok

I am all for forcing a pregnant woman to wear a seat belt or bike helmet they after all are carrying another person with them. It truly is not just their life at stake

That is a good example but I am not sure it's totally reasonable.

I have a question for you....

What is your opinion on abortion?

I will find it kind of strange if you think an adult has to wear a seat belt in the unlikely event there is a car wreck so bad they would need to tend to a child but aborting a child and guaranteeing their sure death is ok

I am all for forcing a pregnant woman to wear a seat belt or bike helmet they after all are carrying another person with them. It truly is not just their life at stake

My position on abortion has been the same in the last 40 years, and is very unlikely to change.

While I am not pro-abortion, I am absolutely, 100% pro-choice. I feel that one of the greatest blessings in my life (other than my kids and a stable 40 years marriage) is that I had never had to make that terribly difficult decision whether or not to terminate a pregnancy.

I do not believe that 95% of women EVER make that decision lightly, but it is THEIRS to make!

I do not consider that a less than 3 months foetus is equal to a life child that has been brought in this world. And I believe that it is hypocrisy or lunacy for "pro-life" people to believe in the death penalty AND to believe that, as soon as the child is born, he/she is the total responsibility of the mother, even if the mother never intended to give birth to that child. Too many people who are standing against Women's right to choose will turn their backs on those women and those newborns by refusing to acknowledge this society responsibility in providing assistance to assure that the newborn and his mother receive pre-natal care, that the newborn has follow up medical care, that he/she has a REAL future, other than living it's all life in the gutter because he/she was born in poverty.

I do not believe that abortion should EVER be used as a form of birth control, but birth control should be readily (and cheaply) available to all women, including, and maybe especially, teenagers. Luckily, the Obama healthcare bill is now providing free birth control for all insured. . . a great step in the right direction.

My position on abortion has been the same in the last 40 years, and is very unlikely to change.

While I am not pro-abortion, I am absolutely, 100% pro-choice. I feel that one of the greatest blessings in my life (other than my kids and a stable 40 years marriage) is that I had never had to make that terribly difficult decision whether or not to terminate a pregnancy.

I do not believe that 95% of women EVER make that decision lightly, but it is THEIRS to make!

I do not consider that a less than 3 months is equal to a life child that has been brought in this world. And I believe that it is hypocrisy or lunacy for "pro-life" people to believe in the death penalty AND to believe that, as soon as the child is born, he/she is the total responsibility of the mother, even if the mother never intended to give birth to that child. Too many people who are standing against Women's right to choose will turn their backs on those women and those newborns by refusing to acknowledge this society responsibility in providing assistance to assure that the newborn and his mother receive pre-natal care, that the newborn has follow up medical care, that he/she has a REAL future, other than living it's all life in the gutter because he/she was born in poverty.

I do not believe that abortion should EVER be used as a form of birth control, but birth control should be readily (and cheaply) available to all women, including, and maybe especially, teenagers. Luckily, the Obama healthcare bill is now providing free birth control for all insured. . . a great step in the right direction.

I have a decision I would like to make. Can I terminate you? Its my decision to make.

And a 3 month FETUS is not equal to a "life child." WTF is that???? A life child. Your statements sound eerily like your ancestors the Dems of the South during the slavery days when the claimed a slave was not fully human.

Libs never learn.

Man do we have a live one here.

First off, MSNBC is NBC. You should watch the Morning Joe show so MSNBC does have a counter point. Where is FOX's? Of the top 15 rated news programs, FOX has 13 and the right pretty much rules the radio waves. CNN is not so much a news station anymore, just a one story redundant beat down. Lemon and Anderson lean left, but both have been known to call Obama and the liberals out on issues, no so with FOX. I did notice O'Reilly grew some balls and took Boehner's side instead of the tea party's last week, just an abberration though. CBS definately leans left and ABC isn't even in the game-so what's the issue? If one includes radio and all news forums the right comes off at least even with the amount of available audience.

I have a decision I would like to make. Can I terminate you? Its my decision to make.

And a 3 month FETUS is not equal to a "life child." WTF is that???? A life child. Your statements sound eerily like your ancestors the Dems of the South during the slavery days when the claimed a slave was not fully human.

Libs never learn.

Man do we have a live one here.

The neocortex is not formed until early in the third trimester. Fetuses begin to develop a minimal brain stem at 7 weeks, but are not capable of consciousness until the third trimester. That is why terminating a pregnancy during the first trimester is not equivalent to killing a post-natal person.

The neocortex is not formed until early in the third trimester. Fetuses begin to develop a minimal brain stem at 7 weeks, but are not capable of consciousness until the third trimester. That is why terminating a pregnancy during the first trimester is not equivalent to killing a post-natal person.

Means nothing. You are still killing a human being.

You may be cool with it, but I find it very intolerant, hateful, and murderous.

Werbung:
Means nothing. You are still killing a human being.

You may be cool with it, but I find it very intolerant, hateful, and murderous.
I too think abortion is the worst way of birth control, but I'm a guy and don't have a right to decide what a woman should do. I would much prefer the many other ways of prevention of pregnancy or the day-after pill, but if that fails only they can make the choice. But this discussion quite a digression and is best left to a different thread.

Back