More Bizarre Behavior from Bush

Werbung:
Report: In Meeting, ‘Wild-Eyed’ Bush Thumped Chest While Repeating ‘I Am The President!’

More Bizarre Behavior from Bush.

Errrr.... right. Pure gossip, unsubstantiated at all. If there is supportive evidence to the claims in this notably extremely left-wing site, please provide. Otherwise, it is nothing more than the typical mud-slinging we've come to know and not love...

Its not so outrageous it can't be true though. He must be a pretty stressed man.

Look at Tony Blair over the years:

1998-2006

blairhair.jpg

W for War

blairPA170906_228x400.jpg

It doesn't sound unreasonable that Bush would act like the story suggests, given his political failures and the backlash he is getting from his failed policies.

Although I can imagine this being easily exaggerated. He probably looked around without blinking and reached for something in his shirt pocket while saying I am the President in a completley different context.

Although I can imagine this being easily exaggerated. He probably looked around without blinking and reached for something in his shirt pocket while saying I am the President in a completley different context.

But that wouldn't make a good story.

Thanks for sharing that link, General. I've no idea where the Dallas Morning News falls on the political spectrum. And Ms. Geyer is a very accomplished journalist. I'd like to take her dissemination on face value. My two problems are:

1) She inserted this incident into a column about the deteriorating condition in much of the Mideast, and the apparent proliferation of al-Qaeda type organizations. While some of the trouble spots brewing now may be new locations, al-Qaeda and like-minded radical Muslim groups have been a constant ebb and flow through much of that entire region of the world. In her own writings she has observed this situation in other areas in the past, pre-Bush. To infer that it is solely as a result of Bush and a failed war effort and foreign policy is disingenuous.

2) By this type of thing hitting the internet, it becomes accepted as fact. Using an op-ed piece as the source and as validation is not sufficient. She used it as a quoted incident, but it may or may not be exactly what was said, and how how he said it. And I fail to see what bearing it really on anything. Is it meant to be an encapsulation of his whole presidency? That would be ridiculous.

Every president going back at least to FDR has shown the occasional somewhat imperialistic behavior or outburst. Perhaps it goes with being one of the most important and powerful elected officials in the world. Perhaps it has to do with the tremendous amount of gravity weighting their every decision.

I'm open minded, and I'd in no way say that President Bush is incapable of saying this, in acting this way. I just believe that gossip isn't enough.

Thanks for sharing that link, General. I've no idea where the Dallas Morning News falls on the political spectrum. And Ms. Geyer is a very accomplished journalist. I'd like to take her dissemination on face value. My two problems are:

1) She inserted this incident into a column about the deteriorating condition in much of the Mideast, and the apparent proliferation of al-Qaeda type organizations. While some of the trouble spots brewing now may be new locations, al-Qaeda and like-minded radical Muslim groups have been a constant ebb and flow through much of that entire region of the world. In her own writings she has observed this situation in other areas in the past, pre-Bush. To infer that it is solely as a result of Bush and a failed war effort and foreign policy is disingenuous.

2) By this type of thing hitting the internet, it becomes accepted as fact. Using an op-ed piece as the source and as validation is not sufficient. She used it as a quoted incident, but it may or may not be exactly what was said, and how how he said it. And I fail to see what bearing it really on anything. Is it meant to be an encapsulation of his whole presidency? That would be ridiculous.

Every president going back at least to FDR has shown the occasional somewhat imperialistic behavior or outburst. Perhaps it goes with being one of the most important and powerful elected officials in the world. Perhaps it has to do with the tremendous amount of gravity weighting their every decision.

I'm open minded, and I'd in no way say that President Bush is incapable of saying this, in acting this way. I just believe that gossip isn't enough.

Absolutely!

Werbung:
Back