No Such Thing As Separation of Church And State ?

Well, read the book yourself- you should ! But let me tell you about what happened a few years ago when a family of atheists, parents and two
teenaged children settled in a town down south. When the teachers, administration and kids heard they were atheists, they treated these
people like pariahs. Not just th ekids, but the parents . The hwple town shunned them and even threatened their lives .
The parents were also threatened with being fired from their jobs . These atheists were not evil monsters, just ordinary people
who happened ot be atheists. They had never hurt anyone and were not bad people in any way . But the entire school,kids,teachers,principal,and the whole town made their lives hell . Incidents like thi sare not isolated . Atheists, the vast majority of whom are absolutely harmless,
are hated by so many evangelicla Christians in America.
It's just about impossible to get elected to congress or other political offices if you are an open atheist . There are however, several in congress who are
or are agnostics, but ar ein the closet,so to speak . There is not supposed ot be any religious test for political office,mind you. You can see this story on youtube.
I dont have time to read the book, the list of books I need to get to is pretty large
but nothing you described sounded extremely sinister and dangerous so I am not sure if you left the important stuff out or is not being nice to someone an extremely sinister and dangerous thing? I know baptists who wont vote for mormons and proddys who hate catholics. All christian but they dont even like eachother sometimes so its nothing strange they wouldnt like a non christian

Werbung:
I dont have time to read the book, the list of books I need to get to is pretty large
but nothing you described sounded extremely sinister and dangerous so I am not sure if you left the important stuff out or is not being nice to someone an extremely sinister and dangerous thing? I know baptists who wont vote for mormons and proddys who hate catholics. All christian but they dont even like eachother sometimes so its nothing strange they wouldnt like a non christian

I found some content from the book at a review site. if this few people can be viewed as sinister relative to the ends they are described as seeking then I guess its of note. Its akin to worrying that Phred Phelps and his crew are going to tke over the government.

I found some content from the book at a review site. if this few people can be viewed as sinister relative to the ends they are described as seeking then I guess its of note. Its akin to worrying that Phred Phelps and his crew are going to tke over the government.
I am impressed you followed up on it. I am lazy, just waiting for his list of dangerous things christians are plotting

Christians have been commanded to preach to "every creature":

Preach To Every Creature?

Q. After Jesus was resurrected, he met with many, his disciples in particular. In Mark 16 verse 15, he instructs them to “Go ye into all the world and preach the Gospel to every creature”. The term “creature” just doesn’t seem to fit, why not “all mankind”, as creature implies other than Man. Was that passage not translated correctly?

A. The same Greek word also means creation and several modern translations read “to all creation” instead of “every creature.” It sounds strange to us, but 400 years ago, when the King James was published, people would have understood it to mean “preach the Gospel to everyone”. It’s not meant to imply we should also preach to non-humans.

If someone doesn't want to listen, they don't have to listen, but Christians must do as commanded.

I found an interview with the author about that book.... The interview is long but a quick read. Here are the highlights:

His new book, The Baptizing of America: The Religious Right's Plans for the Rest of Us, shows just when and how a very narrow segment of the population began telling government, and all Americans, what our "values" and behavior should be.

So the concern is that this particular special interest group has the same goal as every other special interest group in the country and that is to get hold of enough government power to legally impose their will on the entire nation...

I’ve found that the overwhelming majority of Evangelical Christians are not committed to changing the basic relationship between church and state, and between government and religion. There’s a small percentage who are, so I searched for a name [Christ-o-crats] that would set them apart from other Evangelicals or Christian conservatives.

The Christocrats "extremely sinister and dangerous agenda" is to officially recognize the US a "Christian" nation (which is equated to establishing a theocracy) by way of Constitutional Amendment... :ROFLMAO:

There have been several attempts in the past to put this into Constitutional amendments. They have all failed. There was one attempt in the mid-19th century and one in the 1950s – to make this legally a Christian nation. Now I think another attempt is being carried out, even though about one out of five Americans do not consider themselves to be Christian - they are agnostic, atheist, Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu, Confucian, or whatever.

Hey, Chicken Little... It'll never happen... Ever.

There was a community organizer in Chicago named Saul Alinsky, who made it very clear and taught many of us that it only takes 2% of a really dedicated cadre to move a total society.

Yes, by way of force and fraud... The current leadership in Washington learned those lessons well.

Once Christian conservatives saw that a political party or the political system could give them what they wanted, they were activated, and they began to really move.

What's astonishing to me is the fact that people can so plainly see the danger of allowing government to hold such power, the legal ability to impose the will of one group on the rest of the entire nation, but those same people don't see that government power as the problem, they see the "wrong" groups getting that power as the problem. Instead, these people are giddy about the prospect of having their special interest use that power and seeing their will imposed on others by force of law.

Nobody has the Right to impose their will on others by force and it's a travesty that our government has devolved to the point where it's not only possible but commonplace. Keeping the "wrong" people from using that power is not the solution - banning that "extremely sinister and dangerous" power from government IS.

I found an interview with the author about that book.... The interview is long but a quick read. Here are the highlights:

So the concern is that this particular special interest group has the same goal as every other special interest group in the country and that is to get hold of enough government power to legally impose their will on the entire nation...

The Christocrats "extremely sinister and dangerous agenda" is to officially recognize the US a "Christian" nation (which is equated to establishing a theocracy) by way of Constitutional Amendment... :ROFLMAO:

Hey, Chicken Little... It'll never happen... Ever.

Yes, by way of force and fraud... The current leadership in Washington learned those lessons well.

What's astonishing to me is the fact that people can so plainly see the danger of allowing government to hold such power, the legal ability to impose the will of one group on the rest of the entire nation, but those same people don't see that government power as the problem, they see the "wrong" groups getting that power as the problem. Instead, these people are giddy about the prospect of having their special interest use that power and seeing their will imposed on others by force of law.

Nobody has the Right to impose their will on others by force and it's a travesty that our government has devolved to the point where it's not only possible but commonplace. Keeping the "wrong" people from using that power is not the solution - banning that "extremely sinister and dangerous" power from government IS.
Thanks for the info Gen, you and Dog put way more time into it than I would have.

If we were in the dark ages and talking about the catholic church I would expect a long list but these days the only thing I can think of is a church wants to have a cross or something and non christians hate it, so I am really interested in what he has to say

I thought it wanted to turn women into brood-mares. sex-slaves or whatever? You know, forced childbearing and so on. Have I got that wrong? As to the fundamentalists, I don't know what religion they think they follow, but they certainly aren't in any way Christian, are they? They want to interfere with everyone's life, though, and invade everyone's countries surely?

I thought it wanted to turn women into brood-mares. sex-slaves or whatever? You know, forced childbearing and so on. Have I got that wrong? As to the fundamentalists, I don't know what religion they think they follow, but they certainly aren't in any way Christian, are they? They want to interfere with everyone's life, though, and invade everyone's countries surely?
Can you give me some examples of how the christians want to turn women into brood-mares and sex slaves? and how christians want to "invade" everyone's country? I think the forced childbearing means they are trying to protect kids from being slaughtered in abortion so that one I already understand what you are talking about, but I am really interested in that sex slave part :)

I am really interested in that sex slave part :)

LOL....

The majority of people I've known well throughout my entire life have been church going Christians. I've yet to come across a sex slave broodmare wife.

I think what ticks off athiests, is they don't like their lack of morality being judged, so they blame it on religion.

LOL....

The majority of people I've known well throughout my entire life have been church going Christians. I've yet to come across a sex slave broodmare wife.

I think what ticks off athiests, is they don't like their lack of morality being judged, so they blame it on religion.
Perhaps he means those fundamentalist mormons?

LOL....

I thought you wanted to force women to bear unwanted children they can't look after - presumably to increase the number of druggies. Don't you?

Werbung:
Hey! Where are my examples of sex slave broodmare wife? You made the accusation then just moved on. Please explain about these sex slaves and broodmare wives.

You want to force women to bear babies, remember? Mind going?

Back