Obama announces new 54.5 MPG gas mileage standards: trading blood for oil again

we had a heat index of 120 for about a week and a half..( temps about 95-100 and 80% dew point...aka more humid that the Amazon)...we get as cold as 50-60 below wind-chill...I have never had remote start ...done just fine...for the cold it will not heat up unless you drive it...or keep it running for some time..so not worth it to me...and heat...I have windows...they work fine till the ac kicks on. so never felt the need to get that..

Thats what I used to think, too. Then I bought a used car with a remote keyless entry and it had an extra button. The salesman said it was for remote start but it didn't work on that car because they'd swapped remotes with another car.

ha ha. :) When he wasn't looking, I tried it and it worked a charm.

Anyway, with remote start the car only runs 10 minutes and then shuts off. You can do that twice, and then you have to use the key to start it. But 10 minutes is enough to take the edge out of both the heat and the cold. Its one of life's under appreciated luxuries, like having a garbage disposal or a garage door opener.

Werbung:
Sometimes I sit in the parking lot and watch the cars circling to find a parking spot that is 2 spots closer to the door. Its like an extra 50' walk will exhaust them, so they need to burn gas for 6 minutes whilst they wait for the appropriate parking space.

Don't you just love it? particularly when you get behind some yahoo who has to wait while a shopper loads their car, gets in, starts it, backs out, and leaves a vacant spot.

Read it again. The automakers agreed to that. Nobody was forcing anything on anyone.

It's simple. . .the automakers are not as stupid as they appear.

They KNOW that the rest of the world is already far ahead as they are in term of building energy efficient cars, and that if they stick with their current norms, they will NEVER catch up with the auto manufacturers of the world, they will only sell to the US .. . .which is pretty much what is already happening.

If the automakers want to open their market to the rest of the world, they HAVE to build more energy efficient cars. . .It's as simple as that. It is a question of survival for them.

It's simple. . .the automakers are not as stupid as they appear.

They KNOW that the rest of the world is already far ahead as they are in term of building energy efficient cars, and that if they stick with their current norms, they will NEVER catch up with the auto manufacturers of the world, they will only sell to the US .. . .which is pretty much what is already happening.

If the automakers want to open their market to the rest of the world, they HAVE to build more energy efficient cars. . .It's as simple as that. It is a question of survival for them.

Also when gas prices go down US auto sales go up. When gas prices go up, US auto sales go down, and sales of imports go up. It's taking a long time for automakers to wise up to the trend of gas prices. Now it looks like they finally are.

Tired, again?

I think you need to go see your primary care physician and get a complete physical exam!

You are either very depressed, or your brain is shrinking!

We should go easier on him. His namesake was well chosen. Someday he may grow up to be a big oak tree, but he might eaten by squirrels or just rot in the ground.

Werbung:
Back