Obama to mandate new, higher gas mileage standards (aka trading blood for oil)

Werbung:
My bad! Civics too...

The whole argument is ridiculous. They can build cars of all sizes that get better mileage. Sometimes it just takes a little pressure to get the ball rolling. That pressure can be from a lot of places... customer demand, cool new technology, gas prices, government mandates, environmental concerns... on & on.

I think back to when I was a kid. I remember we had an old big finned red Olds Rocket 88 land yacht. Probably got like 12mpg highway. And back then nobody... NOBODY... would have dared to imagine cars ever being able to get 25-35-45mpg. But they sure do don't they.

And this whole scary small car thing... like small cars are just now coming out.:D PLEASE LET ME BE SCARED IN A 911 PORSCHE!

I'll take that Olds 88...make it a 1973 or 1974 with the big 455 engine. Actually, forget an Olds 88, maye it a Vista Cruiser wagon...give me the base model (the Holiday, IIRC) with crank windows, rubber floor mats, vinyl bench seat, and AM radio. I can have one of Joe Mondello's 455 Olds engines shiopped to me by the first of August!

Of course, mathematically, if they were to increase CAFE standards by 10% across the board, that would only be about 1% of the total worlds yearly oil usage, which of course will do nothing. Not that I would ever accuse the hypocritical left of understanding basic mathematics, but it really is a meaningless gesture.

Of course it will increase the cost of automobiles, which will harm domestic auto more than imports. Leave it to the left to sink us to 3rd world status as quickly as possible.

Werbung:
Of course, mathematically, if they were to increase CAFE standards by 10% across the board, that would only be about 1% of the total worlds yearly oil usage, which of course will do nothing.

Except give us quite a few smaller, lighter cars which, as I pointed out, would result in a significant number of additional deaths and injuries.

The Obama administration has made the decision they would rather save the oil, than save those people's lives.

Increasing CAFE standards is, in the plainest terms, trading blood for oil.

Back