OBAMA picks GREAT Supreme Court nominee!

I've considered him to be dishonorable for some time. Whether his drivel amounts to "lies" or not is debatable.

Our drug laws are not realistic. If Limbaugh, or anyone else, says that drug laws need to be more strict while an addict himself, then that makes Limbaugh, or anyone else, a hypocrite.

Hypocrite is a good explanation. I can go with hypocrite.

Why would anyone be arrested for having a medical condition? Do we arrest people who are obviously morbidly obese?

If the dealing or the theft were simply to feed a habit, I'd still call it a medical condition, and treat it as such. Were it considered a medical problem in the first place, then there would be no need to deal or steal in order to support a habit.

I think the problem lies with the fact that there are many different levels of drug abuse.

Some are recreational and some people just plain enjoy doing drugs so saying it's ALWAYS a medical condition is a little dicey.

And then when you get out robbing or stealing that's something that needs some punishment on it's own. If not every 2 bit robber or thief would just scream... I'm on drugs can't send be to jail, going to rehab.

But I do totally agree with your core meaning that it's better to first try and treat an addict and get them off drugs than to just warehouse them in jail without treatment.

Werbung:
Back