OBAMA picks GREAT Supreme Court nominee!

I like Druggie Limbaugh way more than you like your crack smokin president :)

No, I dont like her, but he could have picked worse. He could have picked someone who thinks like him but is actually smart. She really is not very smart so it will be fun to read her opinions after the fact and use them against her and those who think like her. So in that way she is good. All she is, is a vote against everything I believe in but so was the man before her, its just that he could do it and make a point worth listening to in his opinion, she wont have that.

So nothing changes, except from what I understand she wont say where she stands on abortion, that at least is a bit hopeful for me because its a given that Obama wants someone who is into Infantaside like he himself is and she may not be... so that is at least hopeful :)

Sounds like she will be, IYO, an ideal counter-weight to that intellectual heavywieght Clarence Thomas.

Werbung:
Sounds like she will be, IYO, an ideal counter-weight to that intellectual heavywieght Clarence Thomas.

I think Thomas is far brighter than she is in legal matters. I am glad though he picked one that is not so bright and I am glad that there is a speck of a chance she isnt into radical forms of abortions and the death of babies.

We could do a whole lot worse, but still its important for the republicans to lay out a case of why they feel she is not qualified so its on the record and then let her in, she can not possibly do more damage than obama has already done.

If I had to pick between this woman and the current head of homeland security, this woman wins hands down. If I had to pick between this woman and the secretary of health and human services, this woman wins hands down.

I would even rather see her over Hillary Clinton, so again it could be much worse.

Realistically no one obama picked would be anyone I would want, I share none of his values and I hold none of his beliefs… either do others who consider themselves conservatives.

Pandora said: Well no. Obama's legal philosophy is sick and twisted and against the constitution. He refers to the constitution is a bunch of negative laws.

Hmmm...he studied Constitutional Law and you're gauging his philosophy about the constitution and making statements that he's "sick & twisted against the constitution"...OH, MY, MY, MY.

Hells Bells...nonsense opinions such as that...well it makes him a sheer genius and everyone he nominates an higher elevated I.Q. than yours!!! LOL

She won't be any better nor any worse then her predecessors that Georgie boy appointed! LMAO

Hmmm...he studied Constitutional Law and you're gauging his philosophy about the constitution and making statements that he's "sick & twisted against the constitution"...OH, MY, MY, MY.

Hells Bells...nonsense opinions such as that...well it makes him a sheer genius and everyone he nominates an higher elevated I.Q. than yours!!! LOL

She won't be any better nor any worse then her predecessors that Georgie boy appointed! LMAO

She wont be better and maybe in some cases a bit worse but it really doesnt matter. The US Supreme Court has over turned most of her rulings, I am sure that is with the justice she is replacing voting on her side, so her views wont hold. If one of the conservative leaning justices retire or are killed then we could be in big trouble, but for now she can be entertaining.

and yeah a man who studied constitutional law but says the constitution is full of negative laws and thinks you have to kill a baby who is born and outside the womb to protect row vs wade... thats a real gem.

There are a couple of valid concerns regarding her confirmation. Here is one:

A reverse discrimination lawsuit filed by a group of Connecticut firefighters is shaping up to be the most contentious case in which Sonia Sotomayor participated, one sure to provoke sharp questioning when the Senate begins consideration of her nomination to the Supreme Court.

Would she be hearing the appeal of her own case? Would she recuse herself from that case? I'd like to hear her response to that one.

The other is her statement about being better than a white male. That sounds more than a little racist to me. Maybe the comment was taken out of context, like the statement about the Appellate court making policy, but I'm not so sure. I'd like to hear an explanation of that one, wouldn't you?

There are a couple of valid concerns regarding her confirmation. Here is one:

Would she be hearing the appeal of her own case? Would she recuse herself from that case? I'd like to hear her response to that one.

The other is her statement about being better than a white male. That sounds more than a little racist to me. Maybe the comment was taken out of context, like the statement about the Appellate court making policy, but I'm not so sure. I'd like to hear an explanation of that one, wouldn't you?

She did say today it was a mistake to say that a Latino woman would have better judgment than an old white male comment. If she could do it over she would use different words. I suppose someone will ask her in the nomination process but it won’t really matter how she replies she is in. I also hope they talk to her about her comments on the right to own a gun. But personally, I am more interested in her opinion on abortion since that is something I don’t already know about her.

She did say today it was a mistake to say that a Latino woman would have better judgment than an old white male comment. If she could do it over she would use different words. I suppose someone will ask her in the nomination process but it won’t really matter how she replies she is in. I also hope they talk to her about her comments on the right to own a gun. But personally, I am more interested in her opinion on abortion since that is something I don’t already know about her.

how about, she is not going to prejudge that issues, as that would make any court case on it not a fair case for her to judge ?

how about, she is not going to prejudge that issues, as that would make any court case on it not a fair case for her to judge ?

Is it fair to say that everyone, even a new Supreme Court judge, will have already formed an opinion about important matters? How can anyone say that they have not already formed an opinion about abortion, whatever that might be?

Is it fair to say that everyone, even a new Supreme Court judge, will have already formed an opinion about important matters? How can anyone say that they have not already formed an opinion about abortion, whatever that might be?

yes, but if you want to ask how they will rule on one issues, then its like asking them to prejudge any case for you on that...making it pointless to ask.

I like Druggie Limbaugh way more than you like your crack smokin president

No, I dont like her, but he could have picked worse. He could have picked someone who thinks like him but is actually smart. She really is not very smart so it will be fun to read her opinions after the fact and use them against her and those who think like her. So in that way she is good. All she is, is a vote against everything I believe in but so was the man before her, its just that he could do it and make a point worth listening to in his opinion, she wont have that.

So nothing changes, except from what I understand she wont say where she stands on abortion, that at least is a bit hopeful for me because its a given that Obama wants someone who is into Infantaside like he himself is and she may not be... so that is at least hopeful

How did I miss this... President Obama was arrested an convicted for severe drug abuse like Limbag??? WELL OF COURSE NOT BUT I FORGOT... YOU'RE A REPUBLICANT SMEAR MERCHANT... LOL!

Like I already established you think Druggie Limbaugh is a good smart guy...so that sorta disqualifies you on every level as having any even remotely decent judgment.:D

She's a great lady and has a wealth of experience & experiences. As far as you thinking "she not smart"... :confused:

Sotomayor's mother put great stress on the value of education, and bought the Encyclopedia Britannica for her children, something unusual in the housing projects. Sotomayor has credited her mother as being her "life inspiration". For grammar school, Sotomayor attended the parochial Blessed Sacrament School in Soundview, where she was valedictorian and had a near-perfect attendance record. Sotomayor then commuted to the parochial Cardinal Spellman High School in the Bronx, where she was on the forensics team and was elected to the student government. She graduated as valedictorian in 1972.

When Sotomayor entered Princeton University on a full scholarship,[18] there were few women students and fewer Latinos (about 20). She put in long hours in the library and over summers, worked with a professor outside class, and gained skills, knowledge, and confidence.

Sotomayor joined the board of Princeton's Third World Center. She also ran an after-school program for local children and volunteered with Latino patients in a Trenton psychiatric hospital.[7] A history major, she wrote her senior thesis on Luis Muñoz Marín, the first democratically elected Governor of Puerto Rico, and on the territory's struggles for economic and political self-determination. The thesis won honorable mention for the Latin American Studies Thesis Prize. She won the Pyne Prize, the top award for undergraduates, which reflected both strong grades and extracurricular activities. She was also elected to Phi Beta Kappa. In 1976she was awarded a A.B. from Princeton, graduating summa cum laude.

In the fall of 1976, Sotomayor entered Yale Law School, where she became an editor of the Yale Law Journal.[4] She published a law review note on the effect of possible Puerto Rican statehood on the island's mineral and ocean rights. In her third year, she filed a formal complaint against a Washington, D.C. law firm for asking discriminatory questions during recruiting; the firm apologized. In 1979 she was awarded a J.D. from Yale Law School.

And you also must have selective amniesia on the fact...

Sotomayor was nominated to the U.S. District Court by Republican President George H.W. Bush and was elevated to the Federal Court of Appeals by a Democrat, President Bill Clinton. And she's been promoted in a bipartisan fashion confirming Judge Sotomayor twice before.

We all know what your problem with her is.. She's smart, she's a fighter, she's gonna be around a loooong time, she's pro-choice and she's going to only add to the Hispanic vote for the Democratic Party...

I love America!

Well you'd put Druggie Limbaugh on the bench and call him blind justice so I'll be quite fine with President Obama's fine pick!:)

I was hoping all along it would be her. In fact my wife called me at work as soon as she heard just to say... honey you were right, he picked the judge from New York!

I'm thinking 2 (hoping for 3) more replacements before it's all said and done. All I can say is... let's BARACK & ROLL!:)

Top Gun, go back and read my post I said he would not make a good judge.

This woman will be fine, she is not nearly as bad as some others he could have picked.

We all know what your problem with her is.. She's smart, she's a fighter, she's gonna be around a loooong time, she's pro-choice and she's going to only add to the Hispanic vote for the Democratic Party...

I love America!

I LOVE that you love America, that makes me very happy, but actually one of the reasons Im ok with her is she isn't too bright. There are others he could have picked that would have made me nervous, she is not one. She is pro choice? can you give me more information on that? I understood that no one really knew where she stood on abortion. If you have info I would love to read about it.

How did I miss this... President Obama was arrested an convicted for severe drug abuse like Limbag??? WELL OF COURSE NOT BUT I FORGOT... YOU'RE A REPUBLICANT SMEAR MERCHANT... LOL!

I love America!

obama bragged about his drug use in his books and in interviews, he was never arrested for it like most people are when they get caught.

and others of course talked about doing drugs with him :)

PS I am not a republican, but if you are going to smear others you dont like for things they have done dont get bent out of shape when you are reminded of your druggie president.

obama bragged about his drug use in his books and in interviews, he was never arrested for it like most people are when they get caught.

and others of course talked about doing drugs with him :)

PS I am not a republican, but if you are going to smear others you dont like for things they have done dont get bent out of shape when you are reminded of your druggie president.

Haven't at least the past three presidents had a history of drug use?

Why do we elect druggies, when we keep passing strict drug laws? It makes no sense to me.

Werbung:
Haven't at least the past three presidents had a history of drug use?

Why do we elect druggies, when we keep passing strict drug laws? It makes no sense to me.

I am sure more than that have had drug problems especially if you count drinking too much. And one first lady for sure too!

We elect them because that’s all we are offered to vote from.

I am used to that the last 3 presidents did drugs; I just get irritated when people pick at someone they don’t like for having a drug problem but don’t want to hear about their idol president having one too.

People have to learn to eat the same crap they dish out to others :D

Back