Power and Politics

coberst

Power and Politics

Corporate America has developed a well-honed expertise in motivating the population to behave in a desired manner. Citizens as consumers are ample manifestation of that expertise. CA (Corporate America) has accomplished this ability by careful study and implementation of the knowledge of the ways of human behavior. I suspect this same structure applies to most Western democracies.

A democratic form of government is one wherein the citizens have some voice in some policy decisions; the greater the voice of the citizens in policy decisions the better the democracy.

In America we have policy makers, decision makers, and citizens. The decision makers are our elected representatives and are, thus, under some control by the voting citizen. The policy makers are the leaders of CA; less than ten thousand individuals, according to those who study such matters. Policy makers exercise significant control of decision makers by controlling the financing of elections.

Policy makers customize and maintain the dominant ideology in order to control the political behavior of the citizens. This dominant ideology exercises the political control of the citizens in the same fashion as the consuming citizen is controlled by the same dominant ideology.

An enlightened citizen is the only means to gain more voice in more policy decisions. An enlightened citizen is much more than an informed citizen. CT (Critical Thinking) is the only practical means to develop a more enlightened citizen. If, however, we wait until our CT trained grade-schoolers become adults I suspect all will be lost. This is why I think a massive effort must be made to convince today’s adults that they must train themselves in CT.

Thomas R. Dye, Professor of Political Science at Florida State University, has published a series of books examining who and what institutions actually control and run America. To understand who is making the decisions that affect our lives, we also have to understand how societies structure themselves in general.

http://www.21stcenturyradio.com/12-dye.html

Werbung:
I'm assuming this is a copied article from somewhere, so please provide some of your own commentary on it, otherwise apologises.

And didn't you start a thread on critical thinking already? You could have just bumped that with this post.

I'm assuming this is a copied article from somewhere, so please provide some of your own commentary on it, otherwise apologises.

And didn't you start a thread on critical thinking already? You could have just bumped that with this post.

This is not a copied article from somewhere. This is my commentary on the situation as it exists.

Oh okay my apologises.

Critical thinking sounds better than it is, as I have already said. I know the sylabus for CT, and its not that great. It just goes around in circles about bias, sources, neutrality and the like.

Oh okay my apologises.

Critical thinking sounds better than it is, as I have already said. I know the sylabus for CT, and its not that great. It just goes around in circles about bias, sources, neutrality and the like.

I have learned that it is never wise to argue with the hand holding the mike.

You need to couple this with the watered down and no funded public education the neocons have given us. Critical thinking and reasoning are non-desired traits in populations when your government, CA, wants mind control. YOu can't have people thinking and realizing they have given Saturdays a national shopping day of the week where you buys things just because they are on sale.

Great piece.

yeah, its tough to do critical thinking when we aren't informed, that is why they sneekily monopolize essential information, leaving us outdated limited media to feed off of. Even if we are enlightened, information is their weapon... Good article.

Werbung:
Back