Presidential Election Process Is Broken — Do You Agree?

Werbung:
Yeah I read it which is why I needed to correct you

Lying will get you no where. If you had read it you would have seen this:
  1. The outcome of the vote in each state determines a slate of electors who then, in turn, make the actual choice of president and vice president. Each state has as many electors as it has senators and members of the House of Representatives, for a total of 538. (The District of Columbia gets three electors even though it has no representation in Congress.)
  2. In December, the electors meet in their respective state capitols to cast their ballots for president and vice president. States may or may not require their electors to vote with the popular majority, and they may or may not give all of their electors to the winner of the statewide popular vote. (See "A Work in Progress," below.)
There is no "winner take all"

I find it hard to comprehend as to why people don't understand the electoral system. Popularity helps, but it doesn't put someone in power. Look at Gore, people loved him, but that didn't lead that far.

The simple fact is parties still have a divide depending on whether they are mid-west, southern, or northern states.

I totally agree that a lot of people don't even understand the process of the Presidential election, therefore the better question might have been Do you understand the presidential election process. If everyone were to answer honestly then it would be obvious that a lot of people who say it's broken actually just don't really understand how it works.

Werbung:
Back