Question 2 for Christians

How does this make people of faith different from you?

It's really quite simple. I don't choose to follow a man made religion to fill the void of knowledge, I just accept the rather displeasing fact that we have no clue about the afterlife.

Werbung:
I often wonder why Christians claim that 'God created us all in His image', yet in the same breath they condemn homosexuals - of which I am one.

If God did indeed create us all in His image, is God heterosexual or homosexual? I take the quote to mean that God created us all to be like Him, yet he created homosexuals, too - does this mean that God is homosexual himself? I don't mean this to be offensive - it's a serious question.

Evidently, the words 'in his image' doesn't mean some physical quality, since, after all, he is a 'faceless, nameless god'.

If I were to venture an inferrence, it is refering to a function of human nature -- reason and creative will.

If God created us in His image, why is there so much violence and intolerance? Is God Himself violent and intolerant?

Just a thought...

No.

It is the other half of a dichotomy that is inherent in human nature. You are familiar with dante aleghieri's inferno, are you not?

The seven deadly sins -- pride, wrath, gluttony, avarice, envy, lust, and sloth are themselves corrupted good -- esteem, self-preservation, appetite, diligence, ambition, fecundity, and rest.

What differentiates them is the principle of volition by which these actions were taken.

Werbung:
Back