Romney's "lies"

Dr.Who

I have heard it said that Romney lies so I decided to look it up for myself. Doing a search and going to the first site that comes up according to Daily Kos here is the first on the list.

"Romney's full name is Willard Mitt Romney. However, on 22 November 2011, during a Republican debate, Romney uttered the following lie:

“I’m Mitt Romney, and yes, Wolf, that’s also my first name.”

I find this one particularly interesting since my dear own mother always calls herself by her middle name, I have always considered that to be her "first" name and would rarely give it a second thought, though clearly I know that in any legal document I would have to write it differently. Is it a lie if no deceit is intended? If one is merely being expedient or lazy?

Here is story about Obama's name:

Why did Barack Obama lie about never using the name Barry Soetoro on his Registration with the Illinois Bar Association? "Full Former names" is the second question on the ATTORNEY'S REGISTRATION AND PUBLIC DISCIPLINARY RECORD.
However, instead of Listing "Barry Soetoro," he wrote the word "NONE" on the "Former Names Used" line.

Might we hold a higher standard for legal documents rather than off the cuff remarks?

Werbung:
I am not much for "fictitious" e-mail jokes. I am sure this didn't really happen but it is kinda funny and appropriate for this thread I think.

During a recent Romney campaign stop, a heckler from the audience hollered, "Hey Mitt Witt, where are you hiding your tax returns? Governor Romney politely responded, "I've found a very secure place that I'm certain they won't be found." The insistent heckler, then shouted, "And just where is that, dummy"? Governor Romney smiled and said, "They are underneath Obama's college records, his immigration status as a student, and his funding sources to pay for college. What's your next question"?"

Werbung:
I am not much for "fictitious" e-mail jokes. I am sure this didn't really happen but it is kinda funny and appropriate for this thread I think.

During a recent Romney campaign stop, a heckler from the audience hollered, "Hey Mitt Witt, where are you hiding your tax returns? Governor Romney politely responded, "I've found a very secure place that I'm certain they won't be found." The insistent heckler, then shouted, "And just where is that, dummy"? Governor Romney smiled and said, "They are underneath Obama's college records, his immigration status as a student, and his funding sources to pay for college. What's your next question"?"

LOL....I'm stealing that. :)

Back