Shirley Sherrod got a raw deal!

Do you even read other people's posts before applying your simplistic and silly left to right blinders? You're still calling Shirley Sherrod "racist"? Why is that?

PLC1, If I were to tell you that I do not want to help you, but ill send you to your own kind (other white people) and didnt want to help you (a white guy) while so many of my own kind were losing their farms too.... you really would not consider that a racist statement, thought and feeling?

She admitted herself that she was wrong by judging him by his skin color rather than a poor man in need. She ended up helping him and even becoming a family friend.

She admits she had racist views towards him and repented from it, so it just seems so silly that you deny that she was what she fully admitted she was.

I think people can change, and I think she did. By her own story she showed she had changed and I would not say she is currently a racist but she was.

I was too. I hated all white people for the longest time, it was not easy to get over but eventually I figured out the obvious, no white person today did dirty to my forefathers and I learned to judge people as individuals rather than by groups of skin color.

Perhaps I am reading your posts wrong? Do you think she never had racist feelings or that she did but overcame them? If its the first, I really do not understand you one iota. If its the second then it all makes sense to me now

Werbung:
PLC1, If I were to tell you that I do not want to help you, but ill send you to your own kind (other white people) and didnt want to help you (a white guy) while so many of my own kind were losing their farms too.... you really would not consider that a racist statement, thought and feeling?

She admitted herself that she was wrong by judging him by his skin color rather than a poor man in need. She ended up helping him and even becoming a family friend.

She admits she had racist views towards him and repented from it, so it just seems so silly that you deny that she was what she fully admitted she was.

I think people can change, and I think she did. By her own story she showed she had changed and I would not say she is currently a racist but she was.

I was too. I hated all white people for the longest time, it was not easy to get over but eventually I figured out the obvious, no white person today did dirty to my forefathers and I learned to judge people as individuals rather than by groups of skin color.

Perhaps I am reading your posts wrong? Do you think she never had racist feelings or that she did but overcame them? If its the first, I really do not understand you one iota. If its the second then it all makes sense to me now

Of course she did had racist feelings at one time. She told an audience as much, then described how she overcame those feelings, and how racism is wrong. It is not surprising that she once had those feelings, nor is it surprising that you did. Calling either of you a racist is simply ignoring the whole picture.

What is not surprising in the least is that a right wing blogger would pick up on the description of her racist feelings, but ignore the rest of the story. What is not in the least surprising is that extreme partisans would take that half of the story and run with it. What is surprising is that people high up in the government who should have known better picked up on that half of the story and didn't check it out.

The other predictable outcome is that there will be people who will still call her a racist even when they should know better. We humans have a huge capacity for seeing only what supports our beliefs, after all.

Would it upset you to be called "Racist Pandora"? The two stories are quite similar, it seems to me.

Of course she did had racist feelings at one time. She told an audience as much, then described how she overcame those feelings, and how racism is wrong. It is not surprising that she once had those feelings, nor is it surprising that you did. Calling either of you a racist is simply ignoring the whole picture.

What is not surprising in the least is that a right wing blogger would pick up on the description of her racist feelings, but ignore the rest of the story. What is not in the least surprising is that extreme partisans would take that half of the story and run with it. What is surprising is that people high up in the government who should have known better picked up on that half of the story and didn't check it out.

The other predictable outcome is that there will be people who will still call her a racist even when they should know better. We humans have a huge capacity for seeing only what supports our beliefs, after all.

Would it upset you to be called "Racist Pandora"? The two stories are quite similar, it seems to me.

Over something like this? No! It would give an opening for me to explain how I had over come it.

When people have and do call me a racist because I do not like obama or the current direction of the country, yes that upsets me. Its a misuse of the race card. There is a time and a place where the race card should be played but disagreeing with someone over politics is not the time, it belittles the true meaning of racism. No one called me a racist when I was against John Freaking Kerry (who served in Vietnam) and I was just as much against him and his dumb ideas as I am this current idiot.

I do not remember who posted it to me but someone said once a racist always a racist so some people might think she still is, or it could be typos. I was under the impression (before your current post) that you did not think she ever was a racist) I am cleared up on that now. Perhaps we are misreading or misunderstanding when someone says racist, they mean past tense? I dont know...

but it turns out you and I agree at least on that she used to have racist feelings but over came them.

now about Breitbart. Do you know that he had these tapes as far back as March/April? and when interviewed as to why he waited till now to post them he was really clear it was because the NAACP had that week called the tea party racists and said to expel their racists. He said he never intended to post them but he said that he posted the tape to show the reaction of the audience when she made racist statements.

You can take or leave that its your choice.

The NAACP had the full copy of the tape, he had to have known that since it was an NAACP event, so it stands to reason if he were out to make her look bad or anything like that, it would be exposed as quick as it was. What would he gain? The only thing he gained is people saw the reaction of NAACP members overjoyed at racist comments, as I think was his intent. Should he have done it differently? Yep! Especially since some people lose the meaning of the tapes. He should have played the whole thing then some how highlighted the audience reactions then put in a clip of the NAACP guy crying foul. Live and learn, perhaps next time he will do it smarter

Over something like this? No! It would give an opening for me to explain how I had over come it.

Just as Sherrod did, yet there are people still calling her a racist.

When people have and do call me a racist because I do not like obama or the current direction of the country, yes that upsets me. Its a misuse of the race card. There is a time and a place where the race card should be played but disagreeing with someone over politics is not the time, it belittles the true meaning of racism. No one called me a racist when I was against John Freaking Kerry (who served in Vietnam) and I was just as much against him and his dumb ideas as I am this current idiot.

Yes, that is a misuse of the race card. It is apparent that you, and probably most of the opponents of the current administration, base their opposition on ideological differences rather than race.

I do not remember who posted it to me but someone said once a racist always a racist so some people might think she still is, or it could be typos.

It is obvious in this thread that it is not based on typos. We still read posts calling her a racist, and saying that people don't change, once a racist always a racist.

I was under the impression (before your current post) that you did not think she ever was a racist) I am cleared up on that now. Perhaps we are misreading or misunderstanding when someone says racist, they mean past tense? I dont know...

No, I was never of that opinion.

but it turns out you and I agree at least on that she used to have racist feelings but over came them.

Exactly.

now about Breitbart. Do you know that he had these tapes as far back as March/April? and when interviewed as to why he waited till now to post them he was really clear it was because the NAACP had that week called the tea party racists and said to expel their racists. He said he never intended to post them but he said that he posted the tape to show the reaction of the audience when she made racist statements.

His position is that he was fighting false allegations of racism with more false allegations of racism. That position is untenable. He saw a chance to discredit someone attached to an administration with a different ideology than he had, pure and simple. His actions speak louder than his words.

You can take or leave that its your choice.

I'll leave it, along with any other pile of **** I see beside the road.

The NAACP had the full copy of the tape, he had to have known that since it was an NAACP event, so it stands to reason if he were out to make her look bad or anything like that, it would be exposed as quick as it was. What would he gain? The only thing he gained is people saw the reaction of NAACP members overjoyed at racist comments, as I think was his intent.

Well, that's what he said, anyway.

Should he have done it differently? Yep! Especially since some people lose the meaning of the tapes. He should have played the whole thing then some how highlighted the audience reactions then put in a clip of the NAACP guy crying foul. Live and learn, perhaps next time he will do it smarter[/QUOTE]

but he didn't do it that way. Why do you think that is?

Just as Sherrod did, yet there are people still calling her a racist.

Yes, that is a misuse of the race card. It is apparent that you, and probably most of the opponents of the current administration, base their opposition on ideological differences rather than race.

It is obvious in this thread that it is not based on typos. We still read posts calling her a racist, and saying that people don't change, once a racist always a racist.

No, I was never of that opinion.

Exactly.

His position is that he was fighting false allegations of racism with more false allegations of racism. That position is untenable. He saw a chance to discredit someone attached to an administration with a different ideology than he had, pure and simple. His actions speak louder than his words.

I'll leave it, along with any other pile of **** I see beside the road.

Well, that's what he said, anyway.

Should he have done it differently? Yep! Especially since some people lose the meaning of the tapes. He should have played the whole thing then some how highlighted the audience reactions then put in a clip of the NAACP guy crying foul. Live and learn, perhaps next time he will do it smarter

He didn't do it that way because he didn't out think his opponents. Hopefully he will next time
but he didn't do it that way. Why do you think that is?[/QUOTE]

This is nothing more then a continuation of the tit for tat between the NAACP and The Tea Party....All they done is show how ignorant they are with each other and continue to divide this country and it's really sad that people just can't let this go. For those of you on the left and the right you have no idea on how much damage your ideologies have done to this country. Thank god for moderates and independents because with out us neither side would have room to stand on. Goes to show how much this country has failed to keep the left and the right in check.

Do you even read other people's posts before applying your simplistic and silly left to right blinders? You're still calling Shirley Sherrod "racist"? Why is that?

Racist Shirley...kinda like druggy Rush...get it now?

And you were insistent that Brietbart was out to get Racist Shirley. You claimed this was his motive when it clearly was not.

Are you clear on that?

Racist Shirley...kinda like druggy Rush...get it now?

And you were insistent that Brietbart was out to get Racist Shirley. You claimed this was his motive when it clearly was not.

Are you clear on that?

No.

Rush has nothing to do with the Shirley Sherrod case, does he?

Are you simply emulating the posts of the liberals on this site who can't write "Limbaugh" without prefacing it with "druggie"?

If you disagree with liberals so much, why copy their methods?

If you think that Breitbart was coming clean when he told us why he only told half of the story of Sherrod, then you're pretty gullible. I'll go with his actions, not his words.

If you think that Breitbart was coming clean when he told us why he only told half of the story of Sherrod, then you're pretty gullible. I'll go with his actions, not his words.

You keep missing the forest because of the trees.

Breibart was not doing a story on Racist Shirley. He was not. Now please repeat that after me...

He was clearly revealing the racism that is common at the NAALCP. Get it? And, the dummies in the BO administration over reacted.

That is the story. Period. Case closed.

Werbung:
You keep missing the forest because of the trees.

Breibart was not doing a story on Racist Shirley. He was not. Now please repeat that after me...

He was clearly revealing the racism that is common at the NAALCP. Get it? And, the dummies in the BO administration over reacted.

That is the story. Period. Case closed.

That is what he says. Believe him or not.

Back