So the Catholic Church will now conduct a truth/lie questionair before communion?

They are responding within the confines of their own dogma. Their stand on homosexuality is that it is a sinful behavior, not a condition that people are born with. Therefore, they want the priests to confess, do their penance, and never sin (do homosexual deeds), again. They remain oblivious that such offenders have a life long affinity for their same-sex pedophilia. Such people are usually, if not always, repeat offenders until stopped by incarceration.

The Catholic Church's priority is perpetuating the entity that is the church not service to, or the well being of its parishioners. In short, the "Holy Church" is more important than the people.

I agree the church thinks the church is more important than the people, one reason I never did become a nun :)

They have ex communicated others for far less things, I supose the person did not repent or at least say the words and that might be the difference here. But the police still should have arrested them.

Werbung:
So the questions are:

Does the Catholic Church have the RIGHT to question their parishioners on the LAW?

Does the Catholic Church have the RIGHT to question their parishioners on anything that the BISHOP feels is worthy of his finite attention?

Not just the right but the responsibility. The bishop does what the pope commands.

Example divorced people do not have the right to take communion by order of the pope. Not very many bishops or priests follow through with the law handed down but they should or they should change faiths.

If a person takes Gen seriously about marriage being between a man and a woman, that does not mean they hate homosexuals. Lots and lots of people including myself thinks homosexual couples should have all the rights a traditionally married couple has minus the title.

Personally I do not think there should be any limits on marriage, anyone or anything to any one or any thing in groups or singles for any reason. But I want it titled Government marriage or civil marriage.

Why do you turn every thread into a homosexual marriage thread?

Why do the Bible-beaters always jump into the middle of the gay marriage issue?

I'm okay with marriage equality for everybody. Even you cannot get past the word "marriage". You think everybody should be able to get married as long as they don't get to use the word YOU want saved for your relationship. That's not equality.

As I have noted in many posts, the word "marriage" has meant a wide variety of things to people down through history and allowing all people to use that word for their legal, commited relationship that grants all the same rights as are provided in law for heteros now simply makes sense.

I will stop addressing the issue of marriage equality when other people stop trying to save it for themselves while denying it to others.

I dont know about those cases. Do you have some links I can read?

Not right at the moment. The Catholic church is so much stronger in some other countries that they have not yet had to face up to the fact that their priests are molesting children in many churches. It's funny to me how the discussion is always framed as priests having sex with boys, when in point of fact girls are molested too. Pedophilia is about sex with prepubescent children, gender is far less an issue than age and priests just have access to more boys than girls.

Much of the molestation Mare refers to took place in Irish (Catholic) orphanages. If you search on "Irish orphanages molestation" you will find lots of links like this:

http://open.salon.com/blog/tre_gibb...holic_church_hid_decades_of_child_molestation

Or the Canadian Catholic Orphanages where they physically removed the Native Indian Children from their families and put them into the Catholic Boarded Schools {never allowed to return home}...'20/20', 'Dateline', '60 Minutes' have all done segments on that topic!

It always amazes me that those who are raised in the Catholic Church cannot see how bizarre that entity is. Magic gestures, magic water, magic bells, magic words, magic rites, respect for stone, plaster, wooden images, god like qualities bestowed on men, miraculous events. To anyone not raised in that abomination, it cannot really be understood how people can be so gullible.

It always amazes me that those who are raised in the Catholic Church cannot see how bizarre that entity is. Magic gestures, magic water, magic bells, magic words, magic rites, respect for stone, plaster, wooden images, god like qualities bestowed on men, miraculous events. To anyone not raised in that abomination, it cannot really be understood how people can be so gullible.

Violence/Authoritative/Fear of the Church/generations of faithful followers without any questioning/total hypnotic control and you have large group of 'SHEEPLE' being led around by their noses and easy pickings for the perverts that are so pervasive within that CULT ;)

Not right at the moment. The Catholic church is so much stronger in some other countries that they have not yet had to face up to the fact that their priests are molesting children in many churches. It's funny to me how the discussion is always framed as priests having sex with boys, when in point of fact girls are molested too. Pedophilia is about sex with prepubescent children, gender is far less an issue than age and priests just have access to more boys than girls.

ah ok, I think I know what you are talking about now.

I watched a special on it and I do remember the problem in other countries where priests molesting girls but not boys like in the states.

I didnt pay as much attention as I should have but I remember a long heated debate as to why the problem were mostly with boys here and girls in other places.

A spokesman for the church (who also does a radio catholic program) insisted the problem was homosexuality in the states and others disagreed with him, saying it was more about pedophilia.

Either way, the church has problems they should adress starting with the priests and bishops exc. but I do think they should insist on the communion being done correctly since its a vital part of the religion

ah ok, I think I know what you are talking about now.

I watched a special on it and I do remember the problem in other countries where priests molesting girls but not boys like in the states.

I didnt pay as much attention as I should have but I remember a long heated debate as to why the problem were mostly with boys here and girls in other places.

A spokesman for the church (who also does a radio catholic program) insisted the problem was homosexuality in the states and others disagreed with him, saying it was more about pedophilia.

Either way, the church has problems they should adress starting with the priests and bishops exc. but I do think they should insist on the communion being done correctly since its a vital part of the religion

From what I read the problem is similar everywhere. In many countries homosexuality is so closeted that it's never discussed and the abuses of the priests are couched in heterosexual terms because of that. The truth is that pedophilia isn't about gender as much as about prepubescent status and labeling it "hetero" or "homo" just muddies the water.

In the US homosexuality is more out of the closet and acceptable to talk about so the Christians call all homosexuals "pedophiles" as a way of trying to counter the real gains that homosexuals have made in obtaining their legal rights here. It was Anita Bryant's group in Florida that first used the "all gays are pedophiles" line nationally in a well-funded campaign. It was a clever lie because it tapped into the outrage that almost everyone feels about child molesting. Much like Hitler blaming the Jews for everything that was wrong in the world, it gave people a minority to hate and persecute, which had the added effect of drawing people closer together and making them feel like they were actually DOING something about the problems facing them.

From what I read the problem is similar everywhere. In many countries homosexuality is so closeted that it's never discussed and the abuses of the priests are couched in heterosexual terms because of that. The truth is that pedophilia isn't about gender as much as about prepubescent status and labeling it "hetero" or "homo" just muddies the water.

In the US homosexuality is more out of the closet and acceptable to talk about so the Christians call all homosexuals "pedophiles" as a way of trying to counter the real gains that homosexuals have made in obtaining their legal rights here. It was Anita Bryant's group in Florida that first used the "all gays are pedophiles" line nationally in a well-funded campaign. It was a clever lie because it tapped into the outrage that almost everyone feels about child molesting. Much like Hitler blaming the Jews for everything that was wrong in the world, it gave people a minority to hate and persecute, which had the added effect of drawing people closer together and making them feel like they were actually DOING something about the problems facing them.

Well that shows how much I know about homosexuality. I assumed America was the lagger who had not caught up to the rest of the world not the other way around.

Werbung:
Well that shows how much I know about homosexuality. I assumed America was the lagger who had not caught up to the rest of the world not the other way around.

That depends on what parameters you use. Many countries have more rights for gays than the US, many countries have less. Places like Ireland are so Catholic that they still can't even discuss homosexuality in most places. Shoot, they only started allowing divorces a few years ago.

In the US homosexuality is very much out in the open to discussiong and in the media, but the country is divided on the word "marriage" since so many people want to feel special and have their relationship called "marriage" while denying it to others. It's a form of ethnocentrism.

Back