Stephen Coughlin

bewitched

from Jihadwatch.
"Objective: The objective of this paper is to clarify the incidents surrounding the firing of Mr. Coughlin, and enumerate the implications of this event to U.S. National Security and the GWOT (Global War on Terror).
Background: Mr. Stephen Coughlin works as a contractor on the Joint Staff, J-2 (Intelligence) for the Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff at the Pentagon. The Joint Staff specifically requested him because of his knowledge of Islamic Doctrine as it applies to “Jihad” and the Strategic objectives of our enemy. He is, by many accounts, the leading expert on Islamic Doctrinal drivers of Jihad within the U.S. Government, and likely, in the United States. His thesis, “To Our Great Detriment: Ignoring What Extremists Say About Jihad,” was recently accepted by the National Defense Intelligence College, and deals specifically with Islamic Doctrine dealing with doctrinal drivers of jihad, and the failure of the United States leadership to learn and understand this doctrine. He has a background in Law and international business. Mr. Coughlin is also a Major in the U.S. Army Reserves, and was activated after 9/11 to serve as a Strategic Targeting Officer for the U.S. forces. He has taught, lectured, and briefed senior members of DoD, members of Congress, senior U.S. Government officials, and many law enforcement and intelligence officers in the United States. He is a regular briefer at the Information/Operations course at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, and the Joint Forces Staff College. He has briefed at the Navy War College and the Marine Corps War College, and recently briefed the General Officers of I MEF, United States Marine Corps.

Event: Via a campaign undertaken by Hesham Islam, the senior advisor for International Affairs to Deputy Secretary of Defense Gordon England, on Thursday, January 3, 2008 Mr. Coughlin was told by his employers that his contract would not be renewed due to the fact his message, and therefore he himself, had become too “politically hot.” In a meeting between Mr. Coughlin and a member of Mr. England’s staff, at which Hesham Islam unexpectedly attended, Mr. Islam asked Mr. Coughlin to “soften his message” regarding Islamic Doctrine. Mr. Coughlin refused. Islam was heard referring to Coughlin as a “Christian zealot with a poison pen.” Despite the fact that no one in his chain of command has disputed the veracity, accuracy, and balance for his thesis, lectures, or briefings, Coughlin’s employment is being terminated for speaking the truth to the Department of Defense.

Analysis: This event on its own reveals that a senior U.S. advisor is being removed from his direct and critical role in the current war in which we are engaged solely because his message was defined as “extreme” by an advisor who caters to Islamist organizations in the U.S., not because it was factually incorrect. This alone seems significantly problematic given the current war in which we are engaged. Additionally, some of the details suggest Mr. Coughlin’s civil rights, to include his First and Forth Amendment rights, as well as federal law, may have been violated, which suggests an inquiry is required. The effort to silence Mr. Coughlin came from a senior advisor to a senior U.S. official under official cover – a violation of law. Most disturbing is that Mr. Islam is associated with groups and organizations which have been designated as Muslim Brotherhood organizations within the United States. If this is in fact true, the implications are devastating.

Implications: If it is determined that Mr. Islam (whose clearances to be handling such high level issues are unsubstantiated) was acting directly or indirectly on behalf of the Muslim Brotherhood or any other non-state sponsor or nation, it would indicate a direct effort to thwart the U.S. effort in fighting the war in which we are engaged by an outside entity. This is, therefore, a penetration of our government at the most senior levels. In this case we are obligated to undertake actions to determine, who is Mr. Islam, why was he hired, what are his true intentions, and are there others in our government at this level who have penetrated other U.S. government agencies.

Actions: It is recommended that the following actions be taken immediately:

1) It is imperative that an investigation be open to determine the facts of this matter. If the investigation determines the facts of the matter to be true, provide the extent of the penetration within DoD, an assessment of the damage, potential violations of federal law, and recommended changes to Department policy and procedures to prevent a recurrence.

2) Conduct closed Congressional Hearings to provide oversight of Federal Departments and Agencies, specifically DoD, DNI, FBI, CIA and DHS to determine if there has been (1) a significant penetration of US Government Departments and/or Agencies by non-state actors hostile to the United States, and (2) the ability and structure of the U.S. counterintelligence efforts to identify and prevent penetration by subversive movements such as the Muslim Brotherhood."

Werbung:
Steven Emerson sites this as the US government being infiltrated at the highest level.

Jihad Watch? It's a right wing fear monger site, David Horowitz is involved with it. From Wikipedia:

"The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) called Jihad Watch an "Internet hate site" and said it "is notorious for its depiction of Islam as an inherently violent faith that is a threat to world peace." Guardian writer Brian Whitaker describes Jihad Watch as a "notoriously Islamophobic website"

Now I don't know about all that, but it definitely has an extreme right wing agenda.

Jihad Watch? It's a right wing fear monger site, David Horowitz is involved with it. From Wikipedia:

"The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) called Jihad Watch an "Internet hate site" and said it "is notorious for its depiction of Islam as an inherently violent faith that is a threat to world peace." Guardian writer Brian Whitaker describes Jihad Watch as a "notoriously Islamophobic website"

Now I don't know about all that, but it definitely has an extreme right wing agenda.
CAIR funds terrorist organizations.
Spencer is not an Islamophobe, that's just someone's opinion because he is a sympathizer.
the analysis is from a government site I think, and Spencer just posted it on his jihadwatch.
Spencer was also named in Ossama's tape as an enemy of terrorism (Islam)... so maybe that's a good thing.
but you can side with the enemy if you like, and dont' bother to learn how the US government is being infiltrated at the highest level of those who are doing things like demanding tax paid foot baths in public places.

CAIR funds terrorist organizations.
Spencer is not an Islamophobe, that's just someone's opinion because he is a sympathizer.
the analysis is from a government site I think, and Spencer just posted it on his jihadwatch.
Spencer was also named in Ossama's tape as an enemy of terrorism (Islam)... so maybe that's a good thing.
but you can side with the enemy if you like, and dont' bother to learn how the US government is being infiltrated at the highest level of those who are doing things like demanding tax paid foot baths in public places.

Robert Spencer has no academic training in Islamic studies whatsoever, his M.A. degree was in the field of early Christianity. We all know about David Horowitz.

So, because I don't think much of Spencer or Horowitz, I'm siding with the enemy? That's quite a leap.

You never know, I might be on of those "demanding tax paid foot baths in public places."

From which country did 15 of the 19 terrorists on 9/11 come from? Who was in that country this past week kissing the king on the mouth? That is pretty high up.

Don' forget, thanks to George Bush, that at least 13 members of the bin Laden family, were allowed to leave the United States on a chartered flight just days after 9/11, when all other American private jets were grounded.

Robert Spencer has no academic training in Islamic studies whatsoever, his M.A. degree was in the field of early Christianity. We all know about David Horowitz.

So, because I don't think much of Spencer or Horowitz, I'm siding with the enemy? That's quite a leap.

You never know, I might be on of those "demanding tax paid foot baths in public places."

Spencer has about 3 books out that are highly respected in the US intelligence community. nothing he says can be refuted and he is well spoken. have you ever heard him speak?
and because he doesn't have a degree doesn't mean he has no academic training. I know for a fact that he is trained in Islamic study.

you are quoting CAIR which has links to terrorist funding as an argument against jihadwatch. so in that case, yes you are siding with an enemy.

are you a muslim?

Don' forget, thanks to George Bush, that at least 13 members of the bin Laden family, were allowed to leave the United States on a chartered flight just days after 9/11, when all other American private jets were grounded.

and yes, he did kiss the king on the mouth.

Implications: If it is determined that Mr. Islam (whose clearances to be handling such high level issues are unsubstantiated) was acting directly or indirectly on behalf of the Muslim Brotherhood or any other non-state sponsor or nation, it would indicate a direct effort to thwart the U.S. effort in fighting the war in which we are engaged by an outside entity.
The Muslim Brotherhood is one of the founding forces behind modern terrorism. and this person who is a high ranking official in our government is making decisions and getting rid of people who oppose him.

the danger of Stephen Coughlin is that he uncovers terrorist activity and someone out-ranked him and fired him. thus our country is even now more vulnerable because of this action. we should be outraged.

Spencer has about 3 books out that are highly respected in the US intelligence community. nothing he says can be refuted and he is well spoken. have you ever heard him speak?
and because he doesn't have a degree doesn't mean he has no academic training. I know for a fact that he is trained in Islamic study.

you are quoting CAIR which has links to terrorist funding as an argument against jihadwatch. so in that case, yes you are siding with an enemy.

are you a muslim?

No 1, I'm not a Muslim, nor a Christian for that matter.

No. 2, I got that information on Spencer's lack of education in Islamic studies from Wikipedia Here's some more information on Spencer:

critics have objected to what they describe as Spencer's method of taking a position they deem to be radical (on apostasy, women, etc.) and then attribute that position to all of Islam, rather than situating it within ongoing discussions.

Carl Ernst and William Kenan have called him an "Islamophobe". Ernst provides information on the publishers of Spencer's books saying that this is important because Spencer's publications are neither peer reviewed by a qualified scholar nor published by any university press.

Hmm..."taking a position they deem to be radical (on apostasy, women, etc.) and then attribute that position to all of Islam,"
Does that sound like anyone you know?

who are Carl Ernst and William Kenan? do you know?
have you looked at Spencer's site? read any of his books?
I have and he's not an Islamophobe, gets accused of it all the time, but he's not. and he is one of the leading authorities on Islam.

don't be afraid to visit his site, it's full of great information that is accurate and exposed the danger that we face in terrorism.

who are Carl Ernst and William Kenan? do you know?
have you looked at Spencer's site? read any of his books?
I have and he's not an Islamophobe, gets accused of it all the time, but he's not. and he is one of the leading authorities on Islam.

don't be afraid to visit his site, it's full of great information that is accurate and exposed the danger that we face in terrorism.

Carl W. Ernst is the Kenan Distinguished Professor of Islamic studies at the Department of Religious Studies at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.

Sounds to me, like he's a heck of a lot more qualified to discuss Islam than Spencer. I did visit jihadwatch and got a good smearing of Ernst, didn't learn much from that, except that Spencer is a smear merchant.

Spencer is a right wing hero, having appeared on such independent programs as Micheal Savage. That, and his association with Horowitz, tells me all I need to know.

Carl W. Ernst is the Kenan Distinguished Professor of Islamic studies at the Department of Religious Studies at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.

Sounds to me, like he's a heck of a lot more qualified to discuss Islam than Spencer. I did visit jihadwatch and got a good smearing of Ernst, didn't learn much from that, except that Spencer is a smear merchant.

Spencer is a right wing hero, having appeared on such independent programs as Micheal Savage. That, and his association with Horowitz, tells me all I need to know.

actually Spencer is a liberal. and a really smart guy.

Werbung:
actually Spencer is a liberal. and a really smart guy.

He might be smart, but I question whether he is a liberal. He has appeared on right wing radio programs including Michael Savage's Savage Nation, The G. Gordon Liddy Show, The Neal Boortz Show, The Michael Medved Show, The Michael Reagan Show, and The Larry Elder Show.

They have him on because he says what they and their listeners want to hear. This despite being called a "Islamophobe" by his chief nemesis Carl W. Ernst.

Considering Ernst is the Distinguished Professor of Islamic studies at the Department of Religious Studies at the University of North Carolina, he is imminently more qualified to discuss the topic. Therefore, I'll take the word of Ernst over the fear mongering of Spencer every time.

Back