Stop Gas Price Gouging

Here We Go

Who is protecting those crooks controlling the Gasoline companies? They are blatantly robbing the entire planet. We know the price of gas should not be that high because it's all going into their profits reaching clear to the Moon. I call that racketeering! How do they get away with it? Our government does not seem to care about the American people anymore. Scary isn't it?

Werbung:
You're having hallucinations. The gas prices are the result of supply and demand:

Supply: Down because of the irrational restrictions ecolunatics have managed to get on US oil sources, and also cutbacks by OPEC.

Demand: Up, because of huge new demand from rapidly industrializing india and the PRC.

all the talk about Anwr...to bad it fails to see that guess what that oil will not be pumped even this year, or next if was opened...it would take years...and also its not 100% they find Oil.....and if they do, its not that large of a supply, would make a small dent. Where the $ is is in Profits to big oil. Supply and Demand is yes part of it, but Price Gouging is a large part as well.

Getting off this addiction is not a environmental issue, its a National Security issue. The less pollution and CO2, is a great bonus.

futures market, weak dollar,

Open ANWR, or invade Saudi Arabia and Iran. :D

Agreed accept on 'invade' (insert whatever country here). That doesn't work in America. We always give back the oil wells to the country we invade. Kuwait, Iraq, and a few others.

This is just foolishness of Liberals trying to claim the reason we do thing in foreign policy is for oil. Don't buy it. Invading countries does nothing for our oil. The only way it would is if we claimed these places as our own, and of course that is not going to happen, and I wouldn't want it even if it was a possibility.

all the talk about Anwr...to bad it fails to see that guess what that oil will not be pumped even this year, or next if was opened...it would take years...and also its not 100% they find Oil.....and if they do, its not that large of a supply, would make a small dent. Where the $ is is in Profits to big oil. Supply and Demand is yes part of it, but Price Gouging is a large part as well.

Getting off this addiction is not a environmental issue, its a National Security issue. The less pollution and CO2, is a great bonus.

Ridiculous. First, yes there is oil. Let me repeat that: There IS oil there. We know there is. They explored and found it. It's not a question up for debate unless you are willfully ignorant. Since I know you are not, stop flame baiting.

Second, So what if we wouldn't start pumping oil for two years. Are you suggesting that in two years we'll be better off importing even more oil? That's ridiculous too.

Third, one of the reasons our oil companies are not doing more exploration in the US is because... if they can't get the oil we KNOW is there, why bother searching for more? We could litterally be standing on top of enough oil to completely eliminate imports... and not know it because of our stupid... ignorant... foolish... retarded national policy, supported by the idiots of our day.

The pinnacle of irony is each of you crying and complaining about profiteering when it is all of you supporting idiotic policies that force high prices on our selves. So come off it.

You force the gasoline companies to use Ethanol, that is horribly expensive to other additives.
You force them to import oil by preventing drilling and exploring.
You force them to have 30 some odd specific formulations for different cities and states.
You force them to not build more refineries, choking capacity.
You dump tons of taxes on them, from tariffs on the forced imported oil, to environmental taxes on the refineries, to transportation taxes on the distribution, and a full $1 per gallon in tax at the pump... and then whine about gouging.

Complain about prices?? Look in the mirror idiots! There is only one person to blame, and it's the guy staring back at you every morning. Dave Ramsey has a saying called "The stupid tax". Money you lose from stupidity. This is the ultimate one right here.

Agreed accept on 'invade' (insert whatever country here). That doesn't work in America. We always give back the oil wells to the country we invade. Kuwait, Iraq, and a few others.

This is just foolishness of Liberals trying to claim the reason we do thing in foreign policy is for oil. Don't buy it. Invading countries does nothing for our oil. The only way it would is if we claimed these places as our own, and of course that is not going to happen, and I wouldn't want it even if it was a possibility.

See that is the problem, is we give the oil back. I am kinda leaning towards the theory lately that it might be wise to just hold onto the strategic resources we come across. That position might change next week though.

ANWR, and all the many other places off limits because of the ecofascists, would make a big dent. It doesn't have to replace imported oil completely, just reduce the marginal cost of oil, which it would do. And blaming the oil companies is silly - the Oil Shieks who have plundered trillions of dollars from the west for decades with their cartel are probably rolling around in their palaces laughing at that one.

See that is the problem, is we give the oil back. I am kinda leaning towards the theory lately that it might be wise to just hold onto the strategic resources we come across. That position might change next week though.

No thanks. Last thing we need, is to hold strategic resources in the screwed up places in the world, like the middle east. Besides that, it's too expensive to ship from there, which is why so little of our oil comes from there anyway.

Here's a thought... we have strategic resources here. Let's use them. What a concept.

Ridiculous. First, yes there is oil. Let me repeat that: There IS oil there. We know there is. They explored and found it. It's not a question up for debate unless you are willfully ignorant. Since I know you are not, stop flame baiting.

Second, So what if we wouldn't start pumping oil for two years. Are you suggesting that in two years we'll be better off importing even more oil? That's ridiculous too.

Third, one of the reasons our oil companies are not doing more exploration in the US is because... if they can't get the oil we KNOW is there, why bother searching for more? We could litterally be standing on top of enough oil to completely eliminate imports... and not know it because of our stupid... ignorant... foolish... retarded national policy, supported by the idiots of our day.

The pinnacle of irony is each of you crying and complaining about profiteering when it is all of you supporting idiotic policies that force high prices on our selves. So come off it.

You force the gasoline companies to use Ethanol, that is horribly expensive to other additives.
You force them to have 30 some odd specific formulations for different cities and states.
You dump tons of taxes on them, from tariffs on the forced imported oil, to environmental taxes on the refineries, to transportation taxes on the distribution, and a full $1 per gallon in tax at the pump... and then whine about gouging.

Complain about prices?? Look in the mirror idiots! There is only one person to blame, and it's the guy staring back at you every morning. Dave Ramsey has a saying called "The stupid tax". Money you lose from stupidity. This is the ultimate one right here.
Needless to say, my car does not like corn-fed petrol. We were supposed to be saving money using this stuff. Hello?

Needless to say, my car does not like corn-fed petrol. We were supposed to be saving money using this stuff. Hello?

Huh? Saving money? Using Ethanol? I know that's not what you meant because Ethanol, is, and always has been, and always will be, horrendously more expensive than oil.

The goal was to 'stick-it' to the oil companies. Not to save or help middle class America. It doesn't help the environment because it actually emits more of the so-called 'greenhouse gasses', and it won't hurt the middle east because oil is required so many millions of other products, uses, and countries, and it will not ever reduce the price of fuel because it costs more to make.

Simply put, Ethanol has been pawned off on the public as a way to 'stick-it' to the evil greedy corporate puppet master... which in fact is really, just us, blowing off our own foot with a shotgun, while the very people we think we're 'sticking-it' too are making millions on ethanol subsidies and ethanol refining. It's America's ultimate stupid tax based on class envy.

Complain about prices?? Look in the mirror idiots! There is only one person to blame, and it's the guy staring back at you every morning.
Gee....how "odd"....same guy, in the mirror, but....a different guy in the Whitehouse!!!

I guess this could be considered the Cheney Legacy!!!

Has anyone (else) noticed that prices-at-the-pump haven't gone NUTZ, ever since Obama hit The Oval Office????

I guess it's always possible Big Oil is still in "mourning" (over the fact The DICK; Cheney is no-longer aiding-and-abetting their rape-at-the-pump).

You don't (even) hear the right-wing nut-jobs chanting their pro-Big-Oil/pro-Cheney mantra, anymore: "DRILL, BABY, DRILL!!!!!!" I guess...either, they've forgotten it...or, been re-programmed to support that other Big-Bu$ine$$-fave; health-care in$urance. (These would be the same suckers who'd insisted that "Cash For Clunkers" was a wasted-effort....while all of those new Hybrids, on the road, are having a significant-impact on fuel-usage!!!) :p

Gee.....is it possible that Republicans were LYING about the availability of oil (during the Cheney/Bush years)....just like '73.....AGAIN??!!!

:rolleyes:

So....what HAPPENED, there, all-of-a-sudden, BRAIN-BOY????!!!!!!!!

260.gif

Werbung:
Well, I guess you're a fixin' to find that out, Mrs. Haman! Prices are currently down due to the massive "demand destruction" that occurred from the last price spike cycle. US consumption is down about 10% from two years ago and yet the price is about the same today in 2008 dollars (adjusted for inflation) as it was then, so: Less = More. In other words, try to reinflate the economy to the consumption rate of just two years ago and it's going to cost you as much or more than it did at the highest price spike. Given the slide in the value of the dollar for world trade in just the last three days:

2683952540073664377S600x600Q85.jpg

...you're going to be seeing an eventual impact on oil prices here in the US if that particular trend keeps up, and there's NO indication whatsoever that it's going to end. What I can't figure out is why on Earth you'd be silly enough to resurrect this old thread that was innocently laying buried almost a year and a half now, only to use it to jam your foot in your mouth that deep...

Back