Taxes

USMC the Almighty

A young woman was about to finish her first year of college. She considered herself to be a very liberal Democrat, but her father was a staunch Republican. One day she was challenging her father on his beliefs and his opposition to high taxes and welfare programs. He stopped her and asked how she was doing in school.

She answered that she had a 4.0 GPA, but it was really tough. She had to study all the time and never had time to go out and party. She didn't have time for a boyfriend and didn't really have many college friends because of spending all her time studying. On top of that, the part-time job her father insisted she keep left absolutely no time for anything else.

He asked, 'How is your friend Mary?' She replied that Mary was barely getting by. She had a 2.0 GPA, never studied, but was very popular on campus, didn't have a job, and went to all the parties. She was always complaining about not having any money, but didn't want to work. Why, she often didn't show up for classes because she was hung over.

Dad then asked his daughter why she didn't go to the Dean's office and request that 1.0 be taken off her 4.0 and given it to her friend who only had a 2.0. That way they would both have a respectable 3.0 GPA. Then, she could also give her friend half the money she'd earned from her job so that her friend would no longer be broke. The daughter angrily fired back, 'That wouldn't be fair. I worked really hard for my grades and money, and Mary just loafs. Why should her laziness and irresponsibility be rewarded with half of what I've worked for?'

The father slowly smiled and said, 'Welcome to the Republican Party'."

Werbung:
A young woman was about to finish her first year of college. She considered herself to be a very liberal Democrat, but her father was a staunch Republican. One day she was challenging her father on his beliefs and his opposition to high taxes and welfare programs. He stopped her and asked how she was doing in school.

She answered that she had a 4.0 GPA, but it was really tough. She had to study all the time and never had time to go out and party. She didn't have time for a boyfriend and didn't really have many college friends because of spending all her time studying. On top of that, the part-time job her father insisted she keep left absolutely no time for anything else.

He asked, 'How is your friend Mary?' She replied that Mary was barely getting by. She had a 2.0 GPA, never studied, but was very popular on campus, didn't have a job, and went to all the parties. She was always complaining about not having any money, but didn't want to work. Why, she often didn't show up for classes because she was hung over.

Dad then asked his daughter why she didn't go to the Dean's office and request that 1.0 be taken off her 4.0 and given it to her friend who only had a 2.0. That way they would both have a respectable 3.0 GPA. Then, she could also give her friend half the money she'd earned from her job so that her friend would no longer be broke. The daughter angrily fired back, 'That wouldn't be fair. I worked really hard for my grades and money, and Mary just loafs. Why should her laziness and irresponsibility be rewarded with half of what I've worked for?'

:p :p :p

Made me smile.

Funny.. but the rest of the story is that... her father also went to this school.. ahem... Harvard.. paid by his daddy... and then there is Jake.. the son of his maid... who was way smarter and also got into Harvard but because he is lower-middle class could never afford it.

Funny.. but the rest of the story is that... her father also went to this school.. ahem... Harvard.. paid by his daddy... and then there is Jake.. the son of his maid... who was way smarter and also got into Harvard but because he is lower-middle class could never afford it.

......... :cool:

and then took the financial aid that the majority of the school is on.

Then there's Mary, who is much more qualified than Shaniqua, and even though Shaniqua's parents are richer than Mary's, Mary got rejected for Shaniqua simply because she was white and Shaniqua was black.

You mean the 20k they offered him even though the school is 47k? Just so you know most of the school is on financial aid but that is a misleading statistic, because financial aid can include loans and work-study and even then most people get aid for less than 10k--very few get full rides.

And then there is Ching, who was even more qualfied than Mary and Jake put together but didn't even get accepted to Cornell.

Don't kid yourself... if there was no affirmative action or "special accomodations" made Harvard, Stanford, MIT and most of the elite schools would be all asian. Just look at all the top public schools in California....

I do agree that affirmative action is wrong though.... it should be based on class. It saddens me to think that some poor kid is left out of a good education just because some rich one quarter black/latino republican used the race card to get in. Another little fact that should enlighten your misconceptions of college admissions... many African American professors at Harvard protested because they noticed that most of the people being admitted under affirmative action were not even the people that needed the help--they were either 1/4 black or very well off-students who's families had recently immigrated from the Caribbean.

:) hahahaha.... yeah I did throw in some more republican-bashing in there... this is the Humor section after all

And then there is Ching, who was even more qualfied than Mary and Jake put together but didn't even get accepted to Cornell.

But Ching didn't play any sports, had poor SAT scores in the Reading/Writing sections, and wrote a subpar application thus she was not a very balanced student, or as it's called these days: "well rounded".

... but Ching took vector calculus at age ten and also co-authored all the math textbooks you used in college..... (hahaha maybe that's why so few end up as math majors).

... and who cares about the humanities anyways? Ali and his buddies are the ones making it happen, engineers afterall make our comfortable American lifestyles possible.

... but Ching took vector calculus at age ten and also co-authored all the math textbooks you used in college..... (hahaha maybe that's why so few end up as math majors).

... and who cares about the humanities anyways? Ali and his buddies are the ones making it happen, engineers afterall make our comfortable American lifestyles possible.

Who cares about the humanities? You're talking to a history major.

This is a naive and ignorant approach to the subject and you know it. I too could create my very own story with a moral ending with the quintessential "Welcome to the Democratic Party" but it would be a waste of my time because just like your story it achieves nothing.

This is a naive and ignorant approach to the subject and you know it. I too could create my very own story with a moral ending with the quintessential "Welcome to the Democratic Party" but it would be a waste of my time because just like your story it achieves nothing.

Have you looked at the liberal ones.

If you can't take a joke, get out of the humor forum.

Werbung:
Back