The Tea Party will change America back to the days of Thomas Jefferson

Pocketfullofshells should be banned for that comment. If pocketfullofshells was on MSNBC,CNN or even on NPR he would been fired. Just like Juan Williams got the boot off NPR for that muslim comment.

Werbung:
Pocketfullofshells should be banned for that comment. If pocketfullofshells was on MSNBC,CNN or even on NPR he would been fired. Just like Juan Williams got the boot off NPR for that muslim comment.

No silly, he would have to have said it about liberals to get fired on those networks. He might have gotten praise for what he said

These“Tea Party” activists are simpletons: they are always bringing up the “founding fathers” and the Constitution - as if any of them ever read the Constitution, much less understand its provisions for the foundation of our government.

“We want our country back!” they cry.

Activists in any faction are usually the lunatic fringe. Are all blacks like the Panthers?

Westboro Church is another great example of a mentality that does not come even close the the mentality of most "Christians". If you lump all evangelicals together (whom I think are amusing, but don't feel threatened by), then is it safe to assume that all people who dress/talk like/act like, gangbangers are in fact killers? Or is that just a form of expression, allowed under the Bill of Rights?

It's grass roots movements that got pretty much every political/social action going from the inception of this and any country even BEFORE the American Constitution believe it or not!

They evolve or disappear.

If the Tea Party supporters are fools and the message they are trying to organize is not resounding, then you have nothing to worry about. Associate with those who also believe that the last election meant nothing. Those were NOT the lunatic fringe my dear. Those were working Americans who spoke.

You can believe that people that you oppose are as stupid and uninformed as you want them to be, however sometimes to assume what others know or don't know, is the best way to fall prey to someone who knows they can fool you with your own arrogance, and neediness.

Those who rely on themselves will fare better than those who believe they have the patent on understanding the Constitution, and what it meant to keep it going for the last couple of hundred years, and that this government wants, has always cared to help them personally.

Start with the Bonus Army.

Yes they are like the Army but theres nothing Obama admin can do about it. The Black panthers broke the law on voter intimination but Eric Holder wont do anything to them. But what if this was the KKK on voter intimination? Theyre be prositcuted now would they?

These“Tea Party” activists are simpletons: they are always bringing up the “founding fathers” and the Constitution - as if any of them ever read the Constitution, much less understand its provisions for the foundation of our government.

“We want our country back!” they cry.

It’s laughable. They are like the evangelical Christians that misquote the gospels and ask, insipidly: “What would Jesus do?” They are stooges and shills for those who would use them to their own cross-purposes - those who would subvert the very foundations of our democratic institutions.

So if you do not agree with left leaning politics you are a simpleton and never actually read the constitution?

Funny, all the liberals I know who spout out about the separation of church and state, when asked where is that written, none that I have asked, no not even one knew where it came from... but they spout it just the same.

I don't think all liberals are as clueless to where it is from based on the ones I asked though...but being I am just a simpleton I probably never should have asked the elite, educated liberals in the first place I guess.

So if you do not agree with left leaning politics you are a simpleton and never actually read the constitution?

Funny, all the liberals I know who spout out about the separation of church and state, when asked where is that written, none that I have asked, no not even one knew where it came from... but they spout it just the same.

I don't think all liberals are as clueless to where it is from based on the ones I asked though...but being I am just a simpleton I probably never should have asked the elite, educated liberals in the first place I guess.

Come on, Pandora! You're better than that . . taking a page out of Palin's book!

Most everyone (Republicans or Democrats) knows what the Constitution says. Some (mostly Republicans) want to take the Constitution LITERALY (As they do the Bible), and keep it from evolving with the needs of progress and the reality of a global economy.

Others (mostly Democrats), have a healthy respect for the Constitution, but want to keep it a "LIVING DOCUMENT," that is one that does allow for new discoveries, new realities, and new frame of references that this country faces.

Just as it is ridiculous to believe that the BIBLE was the literal word of God and ignore the fact that it was translated and interpreted thousands of time by MEN. . .our forefathers, in their wisdom, left enough "grey areas" that their ideology and vision could be adapted throughout the centuries, evolve with the expanding needs and increased knowledge, and continue to provide GUIDANCE for the future. . .but not a stagnation to the days when the Constitution was written!

Going back to those days would NEGATE the real intent (and the lifespan) of our forefathers' wisdom.

Are you ready to give up your voting rights?
Are your ready to spend your life as a "property" of your father, husband, or son?
Are you supporting going back to the time of slavery?
Are you ready to go back to a life expectancy of 45 to 55?
Are you ready to see 2 out of every 5 children born die in infancy?

If you say no to any of these questions. . .you may agree that, with all the respect due to the Constitution, it only makes sense if it is allowed to be a LIVING DOCUMENT!

It has NOTHING to do with Right or Left ideology! It has all to do with common sense!

Come on, Pandora! You're better than that . . taking a page out of Palin's book!

Most everyone (Republicans or Democrats) knows what the Constitution says. Some (mostly Republicans) want to take the Constitution LITERALY (As they do the Bible), and keep it from evolving with the needs of progress and the reality of a global economy.

Others (mostly Democrats), have a healthy respect for the Constitution, but want to keep it a "LIVING DOCUMENT," that is one that does allow for new discoveries, new realities, and new frame of references that this country faces.

Just as it is ridiculous to believe that the BIBLE was the literal word of God and ignore the fact that it was translated and interpreted thousands of time by MEN. . .our forefathers, in their wisdom, left enough "grey areas" that their ideology and vision could be adapted throughout the centuries, evolve with the expanding needs and increased knowledge, and continue to provide GUIDANCE for the future. . .but not a stagnation to the days when the Constitution was written!

Going back to those days would NEGATE the real intent (and the lifespan) of our forefathers' wisdom.

Are your ready to spend your life as a "property" of your father, husband, or son?

If you say no to any of these questions. . .you may agree that, with all the respect due to the Constitution, it only makes sense if it is allowed to be a LIVING DOCUMENT!

It has NOTHING to do with Right or Left ideology! It has all to do with common sense!

If you want to call the constitution a living document and can prove it by showing that women may now vote and slaves are now free, then show me in this living document we call the Constitution where there is a separation of church and state added at any point in our history...please

A separation that stops a graduate from thanking God for getting through school or school children from doing a nativity play exc. All things that have been done since the founding of our country but now some how are illegal

Please do tell me if you can where the term "separation of church and state" came from and what was its original meaning

You really need to get with the program. You are an obvious Dem partisan.

In reality (something you regularly prove you have no grasp of), both parties have bastardized the Constitution to do whatever they want. To think Rs want to abide by the Constitution as it was written by the Founders, is to be completely delusional. But, you do a good job of presenting DNC talking points.

Living Document means you can change the Constitution to mean anything, which is exactly what both parties have been doing for about 100 years. So in effect, we are being ruled by elitist man and women. I know you are cool with that, but the rest of use prefer individual liberty rather than tyranny.

You might actually read the Constitution. You will find it has a wonderful procedure for change. Its called the Amendment Process.

we ask that all the time about the tea party...

Yeah the TP is crazy for wanting to limit spending and the growth of government They really are nuts...:rolleyes:

You being a lib government union "worker" knows that the TP threatens your gravy train. So, naturally being incapable of dealing with broad national issues on a logical basis, you have personalized everything and that leads you to hating the TP.

If you want to call the constitution a living document and can prove it by showing that women may now vote and slaves are now free, then show me in this living document we call the Constitution where there is a separation of church and state added at any point in our history...please

A separation that stops a graduate from thanking God for getting through school or school children from doing a nativity play exc. All things that have been done since the founding of our country but now some how are illegal

Please do tell me if you can where the term "separation of church and state" came from and what was its original meaning

It says you have the right to free speech, but you don't have the right so scream fire in a theater...do you think you do becuse it does not say word for word that you can't?

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof" no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States ( from artificial 6)..and you know where the first part is from.

The same thing that protects me from having to live under some archaic Christian Fundamentalist law...also protects me from Sharia law. ( also a republican boogie man) Thats why we don't have th Taliban Running the US..Because Government should not be picking Gods to endorse. Schools are for everyone, and Graduation is for everyone..and not just for those of a faith you happen to like or agree with. If a Muslim was the one giving the Graduation speech ...and talked about Allah and the Profit and Islam...the Christian Right would go ape...because its not about Freedom of Religion....its about Freedom for theres and not the rest.

Plus they love to pretend they are Persecuted like they are Jesus or something..Must be horrible to be a Christian in a majority Christian nation lead by Christians...the horror..

Yeah the TP is crazy for wanting to limit spending and the growth of government They really are nuts...:rolleyes:

You being a lib government union "worker" knows that the TP threatens your gravy train. So, naturally being incapable of dealing with broad national issues on a logical basis, you have personalized everything and that leads you to hating the TP.

see now your trying to separate 2 things...a logical and legit thing to belive that I don't happen to agree with...and ideas like Obama is a Muslim, that he is not really American, and the simple fact that some of that anger...from some of them is that he is black...

as per the norm, you can't separate ideas..that someone can hold a rational idea about one thing...and also be a idiot and a racist...

Werbung:
I was really hoping it was all sarcasm ;(. I wish there was a way I could show you how wrong you are about this

nope not all, there is a band of racism in the tea party along with the more general anger about other issues...it does not mean that all tea party people are racist...or even most...but there is a racial element in the group...

Back