Thompson Drops Out

vyo476

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080122/ap_on_el_pr/thompson

This leaves Rudy, Romney, McCain, Paul, and Huckabee. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that Paul is sticking in despite his lackluster showings (his strongest finish so far was in Nevada, with 13% of the vote), but I do wonder if Rudy will drop out soon - his strongest finish was 9% in New Hampshire, the only state he's done better than Paul in.

Werbung:
I still think Rudy is going to win. He hasn't campaigned for any of the caucuses because they don't really mean anything in comparison to "Super Tuesday" which is where he's focusing all of his resources. It's an interesting strategy and I'll be curious to see where he stands after that day.

Hey Jarhead,
Not sure I agree, I am aware he is more or less putting all of his eggs in the Florida basket, of which I am not sure he will win there even. What other states is he viable in? I am leaning towards a McCain nomination.

As for Thompson, I guess this goes to show that running a lazy campaign doesnt get one much. Guiliani should be taking note.

My real question is if he is a potential running mate to anyone?

I hope Giuliani will win in Florida. Something needs to be done to end the idiocy of the primaries in NH, Iowa and Michigan. There is no reason, logically, to give those states a large voice in this countries politics.

Not having much experience with U.S. politics, I think it's amazing (and almost hilarious) that Guiliani went from being the front-runner to being behind Ron Paul.

Not having much experience with U.S. politics, I think it's amazing (and almost hilarious) that Guiliani went from being the front-runner to being behind Ron Paul.

He's not behind Ron Paul. In national polls, Paul gets around 4% while Guiliani gets about 12%. You're referring to the caucuses which Rudy has ignored.

He's going with a strategy that paid political consultants and analysts have derided. It's a huge gamble and the more I think about it, one not likely to pay off. I'm starting to believe that McCain will be the nominee the more I hear about the race.

I want to run for president just like Giuliani only one step more ...I'm just going to show up at the convention and then try to win...skip all 50 states....Its about a good of a idea as Skipping all of the states till now...

1. it shows that you don't think you win in any of those states...thus why should you lead this nation if you cant even win a few of them? or at least compete in them?

2. Florida...who would ever put thing on how they vote? A crooked backwater state full of old people and Cubans. Jews who for for pat Buchanan....and gators.

3. McCain should get it as he is the only one who can actually win against the Dems, he is the only one with real Foreign policy experience, and outside of liking to breath and trying to stop corporate money from running both parties....he is a Conservative....even if the right hates to look at he real record...I know I don't agree with him on much, but at least he knows what he is talking about and not a bible thumper who can only get there vote...

I want to run for president just like Giuliani only one step more ...I'm just going to show up at the convention and then try to win...skip all 50 states....Its about a good of a idea as Skipping all of the states till now...

1. it shows that you don't think you win in any of those states...thus why should you lead this nation if you cant even win a few of them? or at least compete in them?

2. Florida...who would ever put thing on how they vote? A crooked backwater state full of old people and Cubans. Jews who for for pat Buchanan....and gators.

3. McCain should get it as he is the only one who can actually win against the Dems, he is the only one with real Foreign policy experience, and outside of liking to breath and trying to stop corporate money from running both parties....he is a Conservative....even if the right hates to look at he real record...I know I don't agree with him on much, but at least he knows what he is talking about and not a bible thumper who can only get there vote...

Rudy made a dumb mistake testing out his new-fangled strategy. If he ever catches on and ends up the nominee, I'll send every one of you a big donut.

Do you think only McCain could beat a democrat because he acts like one? He might as well be a liberal war hawk. There's not much conservative about him.

Well, he's anti abortion, anti gay marriage, pro war and war and war. He's in favor of tax breaks for big corporations and rich people. As we all know, those are your basic Democratic principles. Plus, according to what I heard on Wolf Blitzer today, he is going to continue Bush's policies of dividing America. What's not to love?

Rudy made a dumb mistake testing out his new-fangled strategy. If he ever catches on and ends up the nominee, I'll send every one of you a big donut.

Do you think only McCain could beat a democrat because he acts like one? He might as well be a liberal war hawk. There's not much conservative about him.

you just think that because that's what the other republicans say, like I said I don't agree with him on much.. but his character , leadership, and being able to listen to both sides make him appealing to people on both sides...

Cut the pork spending, cut federal spending, Pro life, Pro Iraq war, Lower taxes.....sounds republican to me

Werbung:
you just think that because that's what the other republicans say, like I said I don't agree with him on much.. but his character , leadership, and being able to listen to both sides make him appealing to people on both sides...

Cut the pork spending, cut federal spending, Pro life, Pro Iraq war, Lower taxes.....sounds republican to me

WRONG, monkey man :D . I don't care much about what "republicans" say. I only care about conservative principles. And unfortunately most "republicans" have given up on those. John McCain has sided too many times with the Democrats for my taste. You can have him if you want, but I'll probably be voting for the Constitution Party's candidate again this year.

And let's see - while in the Senate I don't think he did much to cut pork spending, he was part of the massive-spending "republicans", and he voted against bushy's tax cuts. I'll give you his pro-life and pro-war stances though...he is strong on both.

Back