Well, looks like the dem nominee is Obama

Libsmasher

There are a few reasons for this:

Obviously, he got the most elected delegates, plus he has an ability to raise a lot of money. Now, it IS theoretically possible for the superdelegates of the democrat party to choose Hillary. And that's the whole idea of the superdelegate - it goes to the warp and woof of liberal elitism - that "wiser" elders who haven't been elected should decide what happens.

However, they will go with Obama this time, and there are a few reasons:

1. Black privilege - this is the current legal and corporate regime of "affirmative action" and other irrational privileges for blacks - the idea that has taken hold of the american establishment that blacks should be privileged in every possible aspect of life within the reach of government and the business establishment. To not choose Obama would to be to go against the black privilege rule, and they aren't going to do that.

2. In their hearts, the democrat establishment is leftwing - this a rare chance to get a very leftwing president (hasn't happened since Roosevelt), and they are not about to miss their chance.

3. There is resentment within the democrat party about what people perceive as the Clinton's sense of entitlement, that the white house is really "theirs" - this is a minor reason, but it has an effect.

Werbung:
There are a few reasons for this:

Obviously, he got the most elected delegates, plus he has an ability to raise a lot of money. Now, it IS theoretically possible for the superdelegates of the democrat party to choose Hillary. And that's the whole idea of the superdelegate - it goes to the warp and woof of liberal elitism - that "wiser" elders who haven't been elected should decide what happens.

However, they will go with Obama this time, and there are a few reasons:

1. Black privilege - this is the current legal and corporate regime of "affirmative action" and other irrational privileges for blacks - the idea that has taken hold of the american establishment that blacks should be privileged in every possible aspect of life within the reach of government and the business establishment. To not choose Obama would to be to go against the black privilege rule, and they aren't going to do that.

2. In their hearts, the democrat establishment is leftwing - this a rare chance to get a very leftwing president (hasn't happened since Roosevelt), and they are not about to miss their chance.

3. There is resentment within the democrat party about what people perceive as the Clinton's sense of entitlement, that the white house is really "theirs" - this is a minor reason, but it has an effect.

4. Because Senator Obama is just plain the best candidate and we need someone to stop the bleeding both figuratively and in actuality that the Republicans have created by their incompetence.

4. Because Senator Obama is just plain the best candidate and we need someone to stop the bleeding both figuratively and in actuality that the Republicans have created by their incompetence.

I would appreciate it if you spared everyone posts which are little more than campaign slogans - nobody is interested in them.

Obama might of seemed the best candidate a few months ago, but he is not now, not in any way. If the dem party were smart they would give the nomination to Edwards, who has already been vetted and survived.

I would appreciate it if you spared everyone posts which are little more than campaign slogans - nobody is interested in them.

top gun is right, Obama is the best candidate. He will be a welcome change from the Republican BS we've had to go throw the past 7 1/2 years. Hillary Clinton has proven to be no more than a Repub lite, with her Rovian racist like campaign tactics, appearing on O'Reilly, kissing up to Scaife, and her threatening to "obliterate" Iran. I am almost as disappointed in her as I am thrilled for Obama.

The Democratic party has chosen the politics of the future over those of the past. The country will do the same in Nov. as it will be the youth and change embodied in Obama, versus an old geezer living in the past and hopelessly tied to Bush and Iraq.

The Democratic party has chosen the politics of the future over those of the past. The country will do the same in Nov.
The Democratic Party is divided like never before. The ONLY people who voted for Obama last night was 95 percent of the black population. Liberal college teachers and the students they indoctrinated.

The rest of the Democratic Party voted for Hillary. When the general election comes you will be shocked to find many people just simply can not vote for him.

I am already prepared for the response too. Racists!!! They are all racists!!

Though McCain is no prize, he is such a liberal that it’s hard to think I’ll have to vote for him. And there are some other conservatives who just won’t be able to vote for him. So I guess Obama has a chance if enough conservatives stay home to sick to have to vote for a liberal like McCain.

No matter what a liberal is going to sit in the white house. Its just a matter of how extreme of a liberal.

The Democratic party has chosen the politics of the future over those of the past. The country will do the same in Nov.
The Democratic Party is divided like never before. The ONLY people who voted for Obama last night was 95 percent of the black population. Liberal college teachers and the students they indoctrinated.

The rest of the Democratic Party voted for Hillary. When the general election comes you will be shocked to find many people just simply can not vote for him.

I am already prepared for the response too. Racists!!! They are all racists!!

I wouldn't call them racists, it's just that there are still a few rednecks within the party. Time will take care of that.

Why focus just on race? Did you know that in Indiana, Obama won every age group except those over 65 where he was smoked 69%-31%. So really Clinton's main constituency in Indiana was not just rednecks it was old rednecks. Racism exists most prominently in the elderly, the older the age group, the larger the percentage of racists. Proving my earlier point that time will soon take care of the race problem.

The Democratic party has chosen the politics of the future over those of the past.

Just listen to it - Obama is a walking bag of cliches, and the Obamoonies, in their inimitable robot-like way, have picked it up! :D

Obama is going to be the nominee because he has the most delegates under the system that everyone agreed to ahead of time. Bottom line. So you can drop you whole black privilege garbage at the door. Im gonna make a guess, a shot in the dark here, because I dont know for sure except for myself, that the three Obama supporters who have responded here are non-black middle class men. And I am not supporting for Obama, for any of the three reasons you think are the case. I am supporting him because I think he is the best candidate and what this country needs. Fresh new blood.
Not a long time DC hack who isnt up for the daily grind being POTUS requires. Who has flip flopped badly and has spent the last 3 months pandering to the far right of his party that he generally and fundamentally has disagreed with his entire career until he became the nominee. I liked the man, in 2000, he was my first choice. Now is not the right time for him.
I want new energy and ideas. This country has been run into the ground by the old guard. Its time for someone else to give it a go.

Also, Libs and Obamanation, you are the only ones around here making this about race. None of the regular left wingers here have said anyone is racist because they dont support him.
So please tell me, why cant we treat the man as a Presidential candidate who just happens to be half black?

It's just a fact. The more the failed policy, fake made up war, terrible economy neo-cons run a good guy down. The more the American people will rally to his support. You can look at the unbelievable numbers at the caucuses, the huge numbers in newly registered Democrats.

People are sick to death of the last 7 years. The change is eminent.

Obama is going to be the nominee because he has the most delegates under the system that everyone agreed to ahead of time. Bottom line. So you can drop you whole black privilege garbage at the door. Im gonna make a guess, a shot in the dark here, because I dont know for sure except for myself, that the three Obama supporters who have responded here are non-black middle class men. And I am not supporting for Obama, for any of the three reasons you think are the case. I am supporting him because I think he is the best candidate and what this country needs. Fresh new blood.
Not a long time DC hack who isnt up for the daily grind being POTUS requires. Who has flip flopped badly and has spent the last 3 months pandering to the far right of his party that he generally and fundamentally has disagreed with his entire career until he became the nominee. I liked the man, in 2000, he was my first choice. Now is not the right time for him.
I want new energy and ideas. This country has been run into the ground by the old guard. Its time for someone else to give it a go.

I could agree with you that we need new leadership. I just disagree with you on THIS leadership. I shouldn’t really be all that upset, I don’t think McCain would make a good president either. It’s just that Obama is so awful anything would be better.

If it matters I don’t know but I am a female mostly Native American with some Spanish. I don’t care about anyone’s skin color and have few prejudices about other people’s religions. Those are not the reasons I have such a loathing for Obama. But it sure is the first thing that comes out of any Obama-bots mouth.

Also, Libs and Obamanation, you are the only ones around here making this about race. None of the regular left wingers here have said anyone is racist because they dont support him.
So please tell me, why cant we treat the man as a Presidential candidate who just happens to be half black?

I am not the one who brought up race. Obama did. He is the one who brought up his white racist grandmother who made him cringe by certain things she said.

He is the one who talked about small town people clinging to guns and god and having antipathy for people that were not like them.

I have never NEVER sat in any church that spewed anti American anti white rhetoric, and then made excuses for it.

It was not me who was so inspired by the words “white folks’ greed runs a world in need”, that I had to put it in my book.

The problem is I never drank his stupid kool-aid and I am not so dumb that I will forget what he said, or pretend it doesn’t matter because I hate someone else worse therefore he must be good.

You can point fingers all you want, call me racist but it wont make any difference. I am not a zombie nut who will follow Obama to hell if that’s what it takes to get the man elected.

I never brought up race and Obama. OBAMA DID!

I could agree with you that we need new leadership.
We this is a good start.
I just disagree with you on THIS leadership.
Well will have to agree to disagree
I shouldn’t really be all that upset, I don’t think McCain would make a good president either.
No you shouldnt be that upset. Its just politics. Nothing more than a game. There was a time 8 years ago when I thought he would have made a good President. Now he is to old, and not up for the daily grind it takes. That and he is compromising everything he stood for to get here. I want the Maverick, I dont want to right wing shill pandering to conservatives who have run this country into the ground.
If it matters I don’t know but I am a female mostly Native American with some Spanish.
Im native and german. Athabaskan to be exact. So, at least we can probably agree on smoked salmon and fry bread.
I don’t care about anyone’s skin color and have few prejudices about other people’s religions.
Then why is it such a big deal what his pastor said. If it was Obama throwing around god damn America I would agree, but it is his pastor. I know several pastors, two of which I would call my friends. I dont agree with plenty of the things they say.

Those are not the reasons I have such a loathing for Obama. But it sure is the first thing that comes out of any Obama-bots mouth.
Again, so far in this thread, there have been three long time left wing posters on here. Popeye, Top Gun and myself. I think you will find all three of us reasonable men, respectful of differences of opinion, but none of us have called anyone a racist for not supporting Obama, unless of course the color of his skin is a main reason why someone is not voting for him. I, nor anyone has said this is the case. This is possibly a bit of a guilty consience on your part? I dont know. I would hope not. I dont think you are a racist. Misguided maybe, but not racist ;)
He is the one who brought up his white racist grandmother who made him cringe by certain things she said.
You know the ironic thing is, so does my white grandmother. But so does my native grandmother. Many people of thier age group grew up in different times and blatant racism was more common. Not so much any more. This country has taken great and considerable strides in this department, but of course the progress is ongoing. I want one America. Obama is the best candidate to bring that.

He is the one who talked about small town people clinging to guns and god and having antipathy for people that were not like them.
Funny thing about what he said. Because I live in a small town, short on hope for the future, but I know people exactly how he described. Literally dozens of them, plenty of them my own family. Sometimes the truth hurts and as Americans after 8 years of Bush, it is high time we take a hard look at ourselves and work to fix the issues we have here domestically before we begin to throw more JDAMs at people who we take a holier than thou attitude. America has its problems, we are far from perfect. If we cant be grown up enough to be objective about the actions of our government, then we have no business being able to choose who should lead the free world. This collective attitude is what got us into this fiasco in the first place.

I have never NEVER sat in any church that spewed anti American anti white rhetoric, and then made excuses for it.
I have never bothered sitting in any church for much time, but for those who do, I dont give much cred to what the pastors say. I give little regard to what people say about politics when they want everyone to jump through the hoops to meet thier version of god. But I dont really care what people choose to do on Sunday mornings. For me it is watching football or going into the woods. So some it is dressing up to go pray.
To each thier own.
It was not me who was so inspired by the words “white folks’ greed runs a world in need”, that I had to put it in my book.
Is this so scary because it is at least partially true?
The problem is I never drank his stupid kool-aid and I am not so dumb that I will forget what he said, or pretend it doesn’t matter because I hate someone else worse therefore he must be good.
Its interesting, because you are going to support McCain most likely. But not because you like him as a candidate, but because you hate the other one so much.
You can point fingers all you want, call me racist but it wont make any difference.
Nobody has called you racist. I certainly havent. But you seem to have a guilty consience as I mentioned before.
I never brought up race and Obama. OBAMA DID!
So if its not about race in your mind, then what?
You and I have already talked about the abortion issue, which for me is not a big issue, but I understand it is for you. Of which I have no problem.
So is there anything else besides what his pastor said? His abortion stance? His one single brief statement about god and guns and then being painted as an elitist which is so twisted at this point I really do chuckle just about everytime I hear than slander thrown around. So if it isnt those, then what is it?

We this is a good start.

Well will have to agree to disagree

No you shouldnt be that upset. Its just politics. Nothing more than a game. There was a time 8 years ago when I thought he would have made a good President. Now he is to old, and not up for the daily grind it takes. That and he is compromising everything he stood for to get here. I want the Maverick, I dont want to right wing shill pandering to conservatives who have run this country into the ground.

I don’t think it’s just a game. Defending our country is very important. Being able to handle terrorism. Keeping taxes low all of these things are important.

Im native and german. Athabaskan to be exact. So, at least we can probably agree on smoked salmon and fry bread.

Salmon yes, fry bread no. Do you know how fry bread started as a native food? It’s a horrible sad story! (it involves bad white people)

Then why is it such a big deal what his pastor said. If it was Obama throwing around god damn America I would agree, but it is his pastor. I know several pastors, two of which I would call my friends. I dont agree with plenty of the things they say.

A pastor and YOUR pastor are very different things. I think you could exclude a few churches who stick to a certain sermon in every congregation; it doesn’t matter if you go to the one down the street or across town. But this church was one like no other. The people come from all over the place, some traveling hours to get there on Sunday (including the Obama family) to hear THIS pastor preach this type of stuff. At any point he could of left and went to anther church that did not preach anti American and anti white rhetoric, but he chose to stay. There had to be something about what the pastor was saying that made him want to stay. The pastor’s quote he wrote in his book about white men’s greed. If he did not feel the same way as his pastor why stay 20 years, why donate so much money and why quote words like that in his book?

If his feelings were against Italians I would be just as upset, if they were against Mexicans or any group. I am not unhappy just because his prejudices are against white people. I don’t like that they are against any people.

If Obama spent 20 years in an Arian church I would be just as upset. I don’t think the church he attended was any different than the Arian church. They just hate a different group.

Werbung:
Again, so far in this thread, there have been three long time left wing posters on here. Popeye, Top Gun and myself. I think you will find all three of us reasonable men, respectful of differences of opinion, but none of us have called anyone a racist for not supporting Obama, unless of course the color of his skin is a main reason why someone is not voting for him. I, nor anyone has said this is the case. This is possibly a bit of a guilty consience on your part? I dont know. I would hope not. I dont think you are a racist. Misguided maybe, but not racist ;)

I admit I consider you very respectful but I also don’t consider you a loony left kool-aid drinker, you wouldn’t have agreed about the incubator if you were ;) I never thought you called me racist though someone I don’t remember who in the blog did, and I had to give my list of objections about Obama then they said ok I understand.

But life here in the Peoples republic of Eugene I have been called racist at least 10 times, I bet more, all because I loathe Obama. I was called a racist on the phone when an Obama supporter called to see if I was voting for him also. I feel like we are not allowed to dislike Obama, and we are not allowed to question him or his motives unless we are ready to be called a racist. I think that’s wrong. This has never been the case before when not liking a candidate.

You know the ironic thing is, so does my white grandmother. But so does my native grandmother. Many people of thier age group grew up in different times and blatant racism was more common. Not so much any more. This country has taken great and considerable strides in this department, but of course the progress is ongoing. I want one America. Obama is the best candidate to bring that.

My own mother is racist, so are a lot of members of my family. I have been practically disowned because I disagree with any type of racism. (Totally disowned for being conservative)  

So, if I bring that up to you then I AM bringing up race. It would be wrong for me to be the one to bring up the racist people in my family then claim you are the one bringing up race!

Funny thing about what he said. Because I live in a small town, short on hope for the future, but I know people exactly how he described. Literally dozens of them, plenty of them my own family. Sometimes the truth hurts and as Americans after 8 years of Bush, it is high time we take a hard look at ourselves and work to fix the issues we have here domestically before we begin to throw more JDAMs at people who we take a holier than thou attitude. America has its problems, we are far from perfect. If we cant be grown up enough to be objective about the actions of our government, then we have no business being able to choose who should lead the free world. This collective attitude is what got us into this fiasco in the first place.

That is not what he said; he said people in small towns cling to their god and guns WHEN the government isn’t listening to them. He doesn’t even have the smallest fundamental understanding of why people have faith. It has nothing to do with the government and weather its listening to them or not.

This quote of his scared me more than most. He made the government more important than anything else, even above ones faith. That is so Marxist that it’s really not even funny.

And what is even more scary he is so clueless when he was spinning his word, trying to fix the damage he thought that the part of his quote that got people upset was the “cling” so he changed that part to reach or something else less clingy. He didn’t even have the basic understanding that the part that upset people was he insinuated that people only turn to their faith AFTER the government failed them.

Back