Were four Americans sacrificed in Benghazi so Obama could fool voters that he had defeated Al Qaeda?

Yes ...

The regimes lies about everything .... the anti-islam video is a grand example of this in context!

However, the useful idiots will continue to parrot the talking points from the WH and the MSM and believe it to be gospel from the messiah ... welcome to the disease of liberalism!!!

The only "disease" being presented is that of people who could care less about the country as a whole, and more about their particular political persuasion. I happened to catch part of the Limpbough show the other day, and he was whining about how liberals feel intellectually superior to the the right. Never once did he mention his own feelings of superiority like his being 98% right, or his "talent on loan from god". You seem to suffer from the same malady.

Perhaps, in support of your superior knowledge of events, and we all know you were actually "there" in some mystical way, you could actually explain just what the "lies" were, and support them with some kind of factual information? Not more right wing lunacy please.

Werbung:
. Never once did he mention his own feelings of superiority like his being 98% right, or his "talent on loan from god".

You forgot that he also says ...."with half my brain tied behind my back, just to make it fair"

Rush is an entertainer and his schtick is mocking the stupidity of the left.

The only "disease" being presented is that of people who could care less about the country as a whole, and more about their particular political persuasion. I happened to catch part of the Limpbough show the other day, and he was whining about how liberals feel intellectually superior to the the right. Never once did he mention his own feelings of superiority like his being 98% right, or his "talent on loan from god". You seem to suffer from the same malady.

Perhaps, in support of your superior knowledge of events, and we all know you were actually "there" in some mystical way, you could actually explain just what the "lies" were, and support them with some kind of factual information? Not more right wing lunacy please.
I will say it again.. I know that I am a partisan, I freely admit it! But there is no one that is going to tell me that I wouldn’t be extremely pissed off if this was happening with a Republican in the White House, because I would be. Where are you, decent Democrats? You can see and hear the BS that is being spouted, do you care?

you claim to not be partisan... So, do you see anything wrong with the way this was handled by our current administration? I give you credit for being a smart guy but I am wasting my time reading your post if you see nothing wrong here...

You forgot that he also says ...."with half my brain tied behind my back, just to make it fair"

Rush is an entertainer and his schtick is mocking the stupidity of the left.

Ahhh, but so many take his word for gospel, and he does not present himself as an entertainer.

And just the idea that you feel he is "mocking" the stupidity of the left means he feels he is intellectually superior. Hell, he couldn't even complete college, was a coward like Clinton, Romney, Cheney, and others during Vietnam, yet has found a whole class of gullible idiots willing to believe his tripe, and make millions spreading it.

I will say it again.. I know that I am a partisan, I freely admit it! But there is no one that is going to tell me that I wouldn’t be extremely pissed off if this was happening with a Republican in the White House, because I would be. Where are you, decent Democrats? You can see and hear the BS that is being spouted, do you care?

you claim to not be partisan... So, do you see anything wrong with the way this was handled by our current administration? I give you credit for being a smart guy but I am wasting my time reading your post if you see nothing wrong here...

Unfortunately for you, and so many others, I see so much wrong I can only see the end of the country as we once knew it. Unlike you, and others, I am not going to set and blame just one person, or one Party, for its demise. And in spite of the claims of some in forums like this, while they mouth off complaints against the Republicans they will still vote Republican just as Democrats will still vote Democratic. And it will not matter to them if the guy has been in office for 30 years, or not, if the opposition comes from a Libertarian, Natural law party, Constitutional Party, Reform Party, etc., they will still vote Republican, or Democratic.

As George Washington warned long ago:

"However combinations or associations of the above description may now and then answer popular ends, they are likely, in the course of time and things, to become potent engines, by which cunning, ambitious, and unprincipled men will be enabled to subvert the power of the people and to usurp for themselves the reins of government, destroying afterwards the very engines which have lifted them to unjust dominion. (Corporations, lobbiests, the wealthy)

Towards the preservation of your government, and the permanency of your present happy state, it is requisite, not only that you steadily discountenance irregular oppositions to its acknowledged authority, but also that you resist with care the spirit of innovation upon its principles, however specious the pretexts. One method of assault may be to effect, in the forms of the Constitution, alterations which will impair the energy of the system, and thus to undermine what cannot be directly overthrown. In all the changes to which you may be invited, remember that time and habit are at least as necessary to fix the true character of governments as of other human institutions; that experience is the surest standard by which to test the real tendency of the existing constitution of a country; that facility in changes, upon the credit of mere hypothesis and opinion, exposes to perpetual change, from the endless variety of hypothesis and opinion; and remember, especially, that for the efficient management of your common interests, in a country so extensive as ours, a government of as much vigor as is consistent with the perfect security of liberty is indispensable. Liberty itself will find in such a government, with powers properly distributed and adjusted, its surest guardian. It is, indeed, little else than a name, where the government is too feeble to withstand the enterprises of faction, to confine each member of the society within the limits prescribed by the laws, and to maintain all in the secure and tranquil enjoyment of the rights of person and property.

I have already intimated to you the danger of parties in the State, with particular reference to the founding of them on geographical discriminations. Let me now take a more comprehensive view, and warn you in the most solemn manner against the baneful effects of the spirit of party generally.

This spirit, unfortunately, is inseparable from our nature, having its root in the strongest passions of the human mind. It exists under different shapes in all governments, more or less stifled, controlled, or repressed; but, in those of the popular form, it is seen in its greatest rankness, and is truly their worst enemy.

The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism. The disorders and miseries which result gradually incline the minds of men to seek security and repose in the absolute power of an individual; and sooner or later the chief of some prevailing faction, more able or more fortunate than his competitors, turns this disposition to the purposes of his own elevation, on the ruins of public liberty.

Without looking forward to an extremity of this kind (which nevertheless ought not to be entirely out of sight), the common and continual mischiefs of the spirit of party are sufficient to make it the interest and duty of a wise people to discourage and restrain it.

It serves always to distract the public councils and enfeeble the public administration. It agitates the community with ill-founded jealousies and false alarms, kindles the animosity of one part against another, foments occasionally riot and insurrection. It opens the door to foreign influence and corruption, which finds a facilitated access to the government itself through the channels of party passions. Thus the policy and the will of one country are subjected to the policy and will of another.

There is an opinion that parties in free countries are useful checks upon the administration of the government and serve to keep alive the spirit of liberty. This within certain limits is probably true; and in governments of a monarchical cast, patriotism may look with indulgence, if not with favor, upon the spirit of party. But in those of the popular character, in governments purely elective, it is a spirit not to be encouraged. From their natural tendency, it is certain there will always be enough of that spirit for every salutary purpose. And there being constant danger of excess, the effort ought to be by force of public opinion, to mitigate and assuage it. A fire not to be quenched, it demands a uniform vigilance to prevent its bursting into a flame, lest, instead of warming, it should consume."

This one comment should have been enough warning for all, yet it has been ignored for decades, and is just as true today as then:

"It opens the door to foreign influence and corruption, which finds a facilitated access to the government itself through the channels of party passions."

America cannot survive as long as it is involved in globalism, and foreign matters that do not threaten our security (Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Libya, etc., as well as Vietnam, Korea, and Bosnia) Remember, the Constitution only allows for a standing Army if the country is threatened by invasion, and then for only two years at a time.

First let me say VERY WELL SAID and I agree with most of it..My opinion of why we act like we do, is because- the truth scares people. When the truth becomes inconvenient, or embarrassing, or humiliating, or even damaging- rather than accepting it- some folks get angry, nasty, passive aggressive. They lash out and I have to tell you- that has always pissed me off.

Sometimes they launch a personal or ridiculing assault. Other times they attack the truth by trying to drag it down to the opinion level. Sometimes they try both strategies.

The one constant- the one thing that must always be present in these people who get angry at the truth- is that they take everything personally. Somewhere in their DNA, anything that doesn't agree with their concealed opinions and conclusions, must be defended at all costs. That's how an insane mind operates.. in my opinion.

That I think, has been my experience. From both sides of the isle..

Not once in 13/14 years did I ever knowingly set pen to paper and lie about anyone. Nor do I do that here. So I will call the question right now and get to the point.

Why do some people become upset when you utter a simple truth about some situation or event, an incident that is generally and universally accepted as true- only to find yourself under attack from them?

Why does this piss people off?

People will never accept a truth(left or right) if they themselves must alter an already preconceived notion, belief system, prejudice, or conclusion they they hold near and dear. They may not even know the body of facts that you do- but that is often inconsequential. People will not alter themselves, instead they will alter the facts if they can- to suit their preconceived notions and conclusions. Their opinions. Sometimes they consider themselves intellectually superior.That my friend is your problem…

The problem with facts and opinions is that they often cannot occupy the same space at the same time. I certainly invite any and all to fault this logic.

For instance, Barack Obama either called nearby military assets to help Americans at Benghazi or he did not. That's a fact. Since no assets were sent- I think we can conclude that Obama did not send any. I think Americans, and particularly the grieving families of dead Americans, deserve a far better explanation.

Sometimes the truth takes a more personal turn.

Many people don't like the truth. People who are doing dishonest things, or people who cannot apply honesty to their own lives and conduct- are always the ones who are highly offended by the truth. These are the folks who want to continue to engage in their own self centered dishonesty even though you have brought it to their attention.

What I've learned over the years, is this. Truth is malleable. When you are stating the truth or your truth, and somebody gets angered by that- there is nothing you can do for them. I will never let one of these types intimidate me.

Arthur Schopenhauer was an old time philosopher who said a lot of interesting things about truth. While doing research awhile back, I was reading about his death. This is what they said.

Schopenhauer had a robust constitution, but in 1860 his health began to deteriorate. He died of heart failure on 21 September 1860 while sitting at home on his couch with his cat. He was 72.

I'm gonna accept that as the truth even though I wasn't there. Here then is my favorite Schopenhauer quote, I think you will agree, He hits the nail on the head... Two hundred years later and things haven't changed much. Same as it ever was.

The discovery of truth is prevented more effectively, not by the false appearance things present and which mislead into error, not directly by weakness of the reasoning powers, but by preconceived opinion, by prejudice.

ARTHUR SCHOPENHAUER

For instance, Barack Obama either called nearby military assets to help Americans at Benghazi or he did not. That's a fact. Since no assets were sent- I think we can conclude that Obama did not send any. I think Americans, and particularly the grieving families of dead Americans, deserve a far better explanation.

Tolstoy had much to say on the condition of mens hearts, and beliefs. One of my favorites, which applies even more today then it did in his time, is as follows:

“I know that most men, including those at ease with problems of the greatest complexity, can seldom accept even the simplest and most obvious truth if it be such as would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions which they have delighted in explaining to colleagues, which they have proudly taught to others, and which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabric of their lives.”

One other was this: "Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself."

Now, I am only going to take exception to this one comment of yours in regards to Benghazi. In Tripoli we had a Rapid Response Team that was there to protect embassy personnel. There was no need for direct orders from Obama to head to Benghazi to protect the compound. In addition, under International Law, UN Charter, etc., when a consulate is under attack a nation has the absolute right to send whatever forces are necessary to protect its people. (Article 2(4), and Article 51, of the UN Charter) So, the question becomes less of one aboiut the actions of Obama, and more about the lack of action by the military commanders in charge. The common complaint by the right regarding "Crosss Border Authority" has little application here since the forces necessary were already in place.

And personally I think the people are deserving of an answer as to why Bush sent troops into Iraq, and Afghanistan, with a total lack of protection with the inadequate HumVees (and not MRAP's), and body armor that was rotting, and soldiers were begging family members to send them body armor.

Tolstoy had much to say on the condition of mens hearts, and beliefs. One of my favorites, which applies even more today then it did in his time, is as follows:

“I know that most men, including those at ease with problems of the greatest complexity, can seldom accept even the simplest and most obvious truth if it be such as would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions which they have delighted in explaining to colleagues, which they have proudly taught to others, and which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabric of their lives.”

One other was this: "Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself."

Now, I am only going to take exception to this one comment of yours in regards to Benghazi. In Tripoli we had a Rapid Response Team that was there to protect embassy personnel. There was no need for direct orders from Obama to head to Benghazi to protect the compound. In addition, under International Law, UN Charter, etc., when a consulate is under attack a nation has the absolute right to send whatever forces are necessary to protect its people. (Article 2(4), and Article 51, of the UN Charter) So, the question becomes less of one aboiut the actions of Obama, and more about the lack of action by the military commanders in charge. The common complaint by the right regarding "Crosss Border Authority" has little application here since the forces necessary were already in place.

And personally I think the people are deserving of an answer as to why Bush sent troops into Iraq, and Afghanistan, with a total lack of protection with the inadequate HumVees (and not MRAP's), and body armor that was rotting, and soldiers were begging family members to send them body armor.

Even if all that is true..they should have been protected from the get go.. there were plenty of warning signs and reguest...

I understand that, but he is saying there was no hope, so they told them to stand down...BUT they should have had the support they requested numerous times...
Who is he and why is that important? ;)

The liberal lies that claim help was not available have already been proven to be ..... well .... LIES!

If help wasn't available ... why were they told to stand down?

Stand down from what????

Unavailable help??? o_Oo_Oo_O

I prefer to stick to the facts in this case. I know you do as well ....

Who is he and why is that important? ;)

The liberal lies that claim help was not available have already been proven to be ..... well .... LIES!

If help wasn't available ... why were they told to stand down?
I was talking about trapper... As for the rest of your post, your preaching to the choir my friend...
Stand down from what????

Unavailable help??? o_Oo_Oo_O

I prefer to stick to the facts in this case. I know you do as well ....

Werbung:

watching the right wing bullshit fly about a cover up that never happened, while dumb fucks claim we should have sent fighter jets to bomb our own building killing our people as well...as a good idea.

Back