What is the point?

Werbung:
The point of the thread was what's the point of everlasting life in Heaven. I didn't have to defend it because it doesn't say that that's going to be the case anywhere in the Bible. The question was answered. What is being expected of any person of faith who likes Jesus better than Muhammad, is to answer for all those Christians who believe in every word of the Bible. Why am I responsible for them? I presented a view where one can have faith in God, and call oneself "Christian" because of a preference of Jesus' values, but not be stifled by passe efforts of fear or intimidation by the Catholic Church. The only response I got back was that since I DIDN'T believe in all of the things that the person asking the question thought I must, then I had a stupid religious concept.

The question was answered, yet the self proclaimed brainiac didn't like the answer because then he wasn't right.

Out of interest, if you don't believe the bible to be an accurate book why do you believe it enough to be a christian?

Werbung:
If it makes you happier to assign me the label "child of God" as opposed to Christian, then have at it. I honor Jesus as being perhaps the most exemplary man in human history. His message was one of peace despite differences. Apparently "Christian" is a word that anybody can take a snippet from the Bible, assign a mentality and decide that it is true across the board. That's not the case. This thread isn't about "what exactly is a Christian", it is about spending eternity in Heaven. The author of this thread is ignorant of the book, takes parables and decides that some person across the world MUST believe them verbatim, decides to hate them for it, and then decides that that thought pattern should be stamped out. It would probably help to have any idea about what you hate and want stamped out, in order to not sound like an idiot.

Back