What is the point?

I get upset by it because I actually care about the world and I don't want anyone including your children to grow up being taught the rubbish that has been used for centuries to impoverish, frighten, kill , torture, maim and discriminate.

I want people to grow up understanding the beauty that there is in truth, to not need the crutch of lies and superstition, to enquire with an open mind and to want to seek answers to questions without having to make them up because the questions are hard.

I want people to hate bigotry and oppression and war and execution.

And unortunately my friend that will never happen whilst people are taught the hideous lies of religion.

Werbung:
I get upset by it because I actually care about the world and I don't want anyone including your children to grow up being taught the rubbish that has been used for centuries to impoverish, frighten, kill , torture, maim and discriminate.

I want people to grow up understanding the beauty that there is in truth, to not need the crutch of lies and superstition, to enquire with an open mind and to want to seek answers to questions without having to make them up because the questions are hard.

I want people to hate bigotry and oppression and war and execution.

And unortunately my friend that will never happen whilst people are taught the hideous lies of religion.

do you think the whole world should do what you want?

you seem to feel that you are right and everyone else who doesnt think like you is very wrong and you know better how to raise other peoples kids.

I think that is very odd. Is that how it works in your country? one group decideds for the rest how to think and live?

You miss the point.

I often know what is wrong and religion is definitely wrong.

I only want people to pursue truth and as my views are rooted in science and logic it is inevitable that there will be a coincidence.

I love this christian stuff about minding your own business when christians are implored to go out and spread the gospel.

You don't like it when the boot is on the other foot do you?

Yet more christian hypocrisy.

You miss the point.

I often know what is wrong and religion is definitely wrong.

I only want people to pursue truth and as my views are rooted in science and logic it is inevitable that there will be a coincidence.

I love this christian stuff about minding your own business when christians are implored to go out and spread the gospel.

You don't like it when the boot is on the other foot do you?

Yet more christian hypocrisy.

.I don’t think I would want you deciding what my kids should learn. You should get over yourself and realize other people just are not willing to let you decide how their kids should learn and what their kids should learn. I think you have every right to be all up in arms if someone is trying to teach your kids something like their religion but you sure don’t have a right to press your religion on them. And evolution/atheism is your religion weathers you believe it or not. You push your religion as much actually more than anyone on the boards.

Sorry chum but because of people like me who are preapred to stand up for what is right evolution is now taught not just to my children but to most children in western schools.

Yours too.

Unless they go to one of those backward institutions that still tells them god made the world in 6 days 10,000 years ago and people were just made as is.

Say what you like, science is winning, slowly but surely.

And it isn't me imposing my views on the world.

Sorry chum but because of people like me who are preapred to stand up for what is right evolution is now taught not just to my children but to most children in western schools.

Yours too.

Unless they go to one of those backward institutions that still tells them god made the world in 6 days 10,000 years ago and people were just made as is.

Say what you like, science is winning, slowly but surely.

And it isn't me imposing my views on the world.

if all you wanted to do was expose your views to the world I would not see anything wrong with it. but what you want to do is stomp out any other view that you dont like and only your view be known. that is where I am finding a problem.

Hang on a minute.

The religious right in the US campaigns for creationism to be taught on an equal footing with evolution.

To ban stem cell research

To criminalise abortion

To prevent gay marriage

If that is not trying to impose your views you had better explain to me what is

The religious right in the US campaigns for creationism to be taught on an equal footing with evolution

Well, we certainly don't have to worry about that in ANY Muslim country do we?

To prevent gay marriage

If that is not trying to impose your views you had better explain to me what is

Islam?

Islam?

I fail to see how the shortcomings of some other religion in any way excuse the excesses of Christianity. YOU PEOPLE are claiming to have God's Truth, you have NO excuse for not living up to Jesus' tenets. Islam, according to you, doesn't have God's Truth, therefore they have an excuse for their failings.

And, christians are very happy to deride Muslim suicide bombers for believing in the promise of virgins in the after life as though this is someehow ridiculous.

Can you believe that?????

And, christians are very happy to deride Muslim suicide bombers for believing in the promise of virgins in the after life as though this is someehow ridiculous.

Can you believe that?????

And you think that ISN'T insane? Or am I to understand that you accept this belief as true? So you have a problem with what a few Christians did hundreds, even a thousand years ago in the name of God, which stopped, but don't have problem with millions of Muslim women being raped in this world and the next? Do you think Muslims are better than Christians, Dawkins?

Can you tell me who blew up who in India today? What kind of reason do you think will work on these people? Why shouldn't the stamping out of religion begin with the religion that is causing problems around the world TODAY!

Is there an arabic translation for narrowminded?

And you think that ISN'T insane? Or am I to understand that you accept this belief as true? So you have a problem with what a few Christians did hundreds, even a thousand years ago in the name of God, which stopped, but don't have problem with millions of Muslim women being raped in this world and the next? Do you think Muslims are better than Christians, Dawkins?

Can you tell me who blew up who in India today? What kind of reason do you think will work on these people? Why shouldn't the stamping out of religion begin with the religion that is causing problems around the world TODAY!

Is there an arabic translation for narrowminded?

You seem to share the very common "either/or" mindset, Muslims are bad, therefore Christians are good. Face it, bodo, their insanity does not make anyone else's insanity better or more acceptable. Violence in the name of religion is insane no matter who does it, whether the violence is overt like suicide bombers or abortion clinic bombers, or whether it's more covert like the cultural subjugation of women or the persecution of gay people, it's still ALL insane. Fred Phelp's people were in our State this week protesting and promoting hate in God's name, those folks are just as crazy as any Muslim but I suspect that they lack the courage of their convictions so they don't kill themselves and others in paroxysms of religion fervor.

My position on suicide bombers is that who knows better than they what they deserve? I think suicide is the sincerest form of criticism, it's just too bad that they feel justified in taking others with them.

Don't get me wrong Mare, I'm not as "Christian" as everyone seems to think that someone who calls themselves that should be. My point here is that a certain poster justs keeps bagging on what Christians did a few hundred or a thousand years ago, and plays dumb to the another side of "religion" that is causing a violent problem right now.

That, my friend, sums it up perfectly.

Well for everyone who can think clearly that is.

Unfortunately many christians believe that because you can't prove god doesn't exist that he does.

That is how distorted your thinking has to be

Werbung:
You are not being called upon to defend Islam, bododie. You are being asked to defend Christianity.

Comparing yourself to the worst doesn't really make you better.

Back