When did people stop living unto they were 800 + years old?

Werbung:
cant proove/disproove period

im not so sure you want to assume the above to be true/not true.

pretty sure they didnt measure in feet back in goliath's day and the earth was a lot wetter way back when. just sayin

No, they didn't measure if feet in Goliath's day.
and no, you can't prove the existence or non existence of god. Lots of people have tried, though.
but the world was never wet enough for a universal flood, but it was wet enough for a local flood that may have seemed universal at the time.

Plc I admire you at least for having the courage to admit that pretty much most of the bible is fictional - including the virgin birth

A less generous interpretation might be that as science proceeds religion recedes and Christians are forced to regard more and more of the bible as made up to avoid the lunacy of stuff like winged men impregnating virgins

There is nothing that proves god exists

In every other walk of life where there is no evidence of existence of we are happy to say x doesn't exist

A deviation from this principle requires belief in anything including fairies, elves and ghosts

Which to be fair is as reasonable a proposition as the belief in god

Even his manual is falling apart as science debunks more and more of it

Shame god couldn't write a clear and accurate account of the universe he made isn't it?

Perhaps his hand got knocked by one of angels' flapping wings

No, they didn't measure if feet in Goliath's day.
and no, you can't prove the existence or non existence of god. Lots of people have tried, though.
but the world was never wet enough for a universal flood, but it was wet enough for a local flood that may have seemed universal at the time.

yup
dont get the need to prove/disproove but to each his own.

Funny how the bible speaks in terms of three score and ten years for a lifespan

It is sooo tricky isn't it

Knowing when the bible is lying and when it isn't

What is for sure

It's lying

What is for sure

It's lying

You always attack Christianity and Judaism, never Islam. Why is that? Being as bigoted toward religions as you are, why not find a "nice" Islamic site, and post your hateful bigotry there? Afterall, there are many times as many despotic, religious laws in Muslim countries than in Christian countries. We KNOW why you don't do that, don't we? You're willing to post your hateful bigotry ONLY in peace-loving, Christian and Jewish company where you're safe! Some might say you're a Wimp!

You'd better pray to the non-existent God of atheists that Judeo-Christian morality is never replaced by Islamic morality in the US. You'd be among the first to go bye-bye in some very unpleasant manner.

What is for sure

It's lying
How is that different from saying that the average life expectancy is 70 years? That figure was probably pretty accurate, if you discount children dying early in life. Of course, with modern medicine, we can do a little better than that today.

As for science advancing and theism receding, the Big Bang theory sounds more and more like "let there be light" all the time, and science does not refute the Bible unless you insist on a literal interpretation.

JPr ....Because I am arguing with christians.

For the record I think Islam is totally bonkers

It is a few hundred years behind Christianity

So extremely retarded and vicious

PLC, I am responding to those who say that measurements in the old testament (eg 800 year lifespan and 9ft tall goliath) are not reliable and or how we would measure

But as you rightly say they got the three score and ten right so why won't you accept the 800 year lifespan as alleged fact too?

(BTW I know why. Because it makes christians look mental)

PLC, I am responding to those who say that measurements in the old testament (eg 800 year lifespan and 9ft tall goliath) are not reliable and or how we would measure

But as you rightly say they got the three score and ten right so why won't you accept the 800 year lifespan as alleged fact too?

(BTW I know why. Because it makes christians look mental)

Only Christians who insist on biblical literalism.

Any numbers coming from that era are pretty suspect. It's not like people had to pass algebra back then or anything.
The word "forty" used in the Bible was translated from a word that actually meant "many". Any number as big as 40 is just "many". No, math wasn't so very advanced at that time.

But they had three score and ten and you accept that as right

Is that because you are selective in the bits you take as real and which you don't

And if so what rule do you apply to decide which bits are true and which aren't?

But they had three score and ten and you accept that as right

Is that because you are selective in the bits you take as real and which you don't

And if so what rule do you apply to decide which bits are true and which aren't?
The parts that are supported by modern science are correct.
The parts that tell us what we need to do to live a good life are correct: Love thy neighbor, treat others as you would be treated, etc.
Before you go trying to make an argument against Christianity, you need to understand just what Christianity is.

As for the Bible, it is a collection of books. That's what the name means, books. There weren't a whole lot of books back when only an elite few could read and write and the printing press was yet to be invented. It is not necessary to accept all of the books that made it into the modern Bible as being accurate non fiction in order to be Christian, let alone believe in god.

Yeah but many years ago when science wasn't as advanced creation was literally true

You are talking about a moving feast

Science keeps debunking biblical myth

virgin birth is not supported by science and nor is resurrection

And without those christianity is FUBAR

Yeah but many years ago when science wasn't as advanced creation was literally true

You are talking about a moving feast

Science keeps debunking biblical myth

virgin birth is not supported by science and nor is resurrection

And without those christianity is FUBAR
Let me repeat: Before you can effectively argue about Christianity, you have to know what it is. It is not necessary to take the Bible to be literally true and accurate.

Creation and evolution can both be literally true.
and science has not debunked biblical myth. Saying so is like saying that science has debunked Aesop, as we know that ants, grasshoppers, and foxes don't talk.

Werbung:
Ok progress

The binle is a work of fiction with some good messages

But some awful ones too

But i noticed that you avoided the virgin birth and resurrection issues

Both are essential to the story and neither is supported by science

Back