When did people stop living unto they were 800 + years old?

Ok progress

The binle is a work of fiction with some good messages

But some awful ones too

But i noticed that you avoided the virgin birth and resurrection issues

Both are essential to the story and neither is supported by science

The word "virgin" was translated from a word that meant a woman who had not given birth. The virgin birth simply means that Jesus was Mary's first born son, which was a big deal in that culture at that time.

And, there is nothing about a virgin birth that has been disproved by modern science, quite the opposite. A virgin birth, using the other definition of "virgin" could easily be accomplished today through artificial insemination.

As for resurrection, there are hundreds of stories of people who have died, but been brought back by modern science, and who have told stories about seeing dead relatives, some about seeing Jesus, or a being that they interpreted as Jesus. It seems to me that both the virgin birth and resurrection are supported by modern science.

Werbung:
Ok so you don't buy the virgin birth either

What about winged men who help god?
Winged men?

There 's nothing particularly strange about that, is there?

Hang-glider_full_size_landscape.jpg

That isn't a winged man

It is a man in a man made contraption called a hang glider

I am asking you if you believe in creatures with human bodies and swan like wings attached presumably to the back with which they can fly and who spend most of their time in heaven helping an omnipotent god?

The answer is that you don't

I can tell from your efforts to be reasonable

So if the virgin birth is out, you don't believe in angels and you accept that the bible is a collection of fables....why not go the whole way and ditch religion altogether?

Life is so much better as an atheist

You don't have to defend the utterly absurd all the time

You don't have to worry about mere humans having to burn forever for not buying the absurdity

Etc

That isn't a winged man

I am asking you if you believe in creatures with human bodies and swan like wings attached presumably to the back with which they can fly and who spend most of their time in heaven helping an omnipotent god?

So if the virgin birth is out, you don't believe in angels and you accept that the bible is a collection of fables....why not go the whole way and ditch religion altogether?

You don't have to worry about mere humans having to burn forever for not buying the absurdity

Etc

and angels are not men.

That isn't a winged man

Etc

If you're an atheist, defined as a belief that there is no god, then you do have a belief to defend.
If you're an agnostic, then you have no belief to defend.

Wrong

Sadly the mentalists who have been pedalling religion all these years have forced a group of intelligent people to fight back

Christians should be obliged to prove God's existence

Not atheists disprove it

There is not any evidence at all for God's existence and any adult believing in god is mentally ill

But you probably would agree that we should care about the "beliefs" of Islamic extremists. . .
No, I don't agree. And you don't seem to agree with me that nobody has a "right" to violate the rights of others, you seem to believe some people do have such a "right" and you're fine with some people violating the rights of others when you agree with the motives. You are free to think and believe anything you like but you're not free to violate the rights of others. You can't seem to separate the concepts of thought and action. Thought is hypothetical and harmless, only action is a physical reality capable of violating the rights of others.

You could spend all day holding your breathe till you're blue in the face trying to will a speck of dust to move through mind-power alone but nothing will ever happen. Thoughts can not, and do not, change physical reality - Only physical actions can impact reality. It's not the thoughts and beliefs of others that poses a threat to you or anyone else. Instead, the application of force is the only threat mankind will ever face.

Wrong

Sadly the mentalists who have been pedalling religion all these years have forced a group of intelligent people to fight back

Not atheists disprove it

There is not any evidence at all for God's existence and any adult believing in god is mentally ill
No, it isn't wrong.
There is a difference between lack of belief and an active belief in non existence.

You can not prove your belief any more than any devout Muslim can prove his.

The problem is, you see the lack of proof for existence as being proof of non-existence... Negative proof fallacy. So PLC is correct, you do believe God does not exist. Such a belief is not logically or scientifically valid, rendering you incapable of defending it as being either.

Wrong

Not atheists disprove it

who are these intellegent people ?

If the beliefs of some "deranged" people affect their interactions with the general public. . .or lead them to actions that are destructive in some way to the general public, obviously we should care!

One simple example would be the Westboro Church. Another example would be the behavior of jehadists who belief that it is their mission to kill the "infidels."

But you probably would agree that we should care about the "beliefs" of Islamic extremists. . .while you probably believe (based on your "deranged" comment) that it is "deranged" to care about the beliefs of "Christians?"

If the beliefs of some "deranged" people affect their interactions with the general public. . .or lead them to actions that are destructive in some way to the general public, obviously we should care!

One simple example would be the Westboro Church. Another example would be the behavior of jehadists who belief that it is their mission to kill the "infidels."

But you probably would agree that we should care about the "beliefs" of Islamic extremists. . .while you probably believe (based on your "deranged" comment) that it is "deranged" to care about the beliefs of "Christians?"
You said...If the beliefs of some "deranged" people affect their interactions with the general public. . .or lead them to actions that are destructive in some way to the general public, obviously we should care! That sentence fits the liberal agenda..just switch the word deranged with liberal..
It seems like a lot of liberals hate the world around them and want to change it: the people in it most particularly. Conservatives and most Christians that I know just want to be left alone to make their own decisions and follow their own values.

You said...If the beliefs of some "deranged" people affect their interactions with the general public. . .or lead them to actions that are destructive in some way to the general public, obviously we should care! That sentence fits the liberal agenda..just switch the word deranged with liberal..
It seems like a lot of liberals hate the world around them and want to change it: the people in it most particularly. Conservatives and most Christians that I know just want to be left alone to make their own decisions and follow their own values.

This comment is highly offensive.
In fact, if you look at the "deranged" people who have committed crimes in the last 30 years, most of them were hyper religious crazies, and White supremacists. . .nothing to do with liberal.
Do you need a link that describe in details the mass murderers since 1967? And, by the way, "mass murder" is only recorded as such if 4 or more people died!

I would also like to see where "liberals" like me and like many others have EVER promoted "revolutions" or "death by fire arms" or any violence!
In fact, "liberals" are USUALLY against guns and violence.
You are losing a lot of your credibility by being so bias and offensive.

Werbung:
This comment is highly offensive.
In fact, if you look at the "deranged" people who have committed crimes in the last 30 years, most of them were hyper religious crazies, and White supremacists. . .nothing to do with liberal.
Do you need a link that describe in details the mass murderers since 1967? And, by the way, "mass murder" is only recorded as such if 4 or more people died!

I would also like to see where "liberals" like me and like many others have EVER promoted "revolutions" or "death by fire arms" or any violence!
In fact, "liberals" are USUALLY against guns and violence.
You are losing a lot of your credibility by being so bias and offensive.
I think a good case could be made that the founding fathers of this country were liberals. It all depends on the definition.

Back