Who said it?

BigRob

Here is the quote:

"Human rights cannot interfere with the global economic crisis, the global climate change crisis and the security crises."

Who said it?
George Bush? No
Karl Rove? No
Anyone from the Bush Administration? No

Answer: Hillary Clinton.
(on her current trip in Asia)

So, where does the President stand on this? One would imagine Clinton gets her marching orders from the President. Can someone here tell me why human rights are not important in China right now if they are still important in other places (like GITMO, Iraq, Afghanistan)?

Werbung:
Human rights didn't stop Clinton from pushing for most-favored nation status. This isn't surprising.

Human rights didn't stop Clinton from pushing for most-favored nation status. This isn't surprising.

I know, I never minded Clinton on foreign relations so much, I just think it is ironic that the admin seems to be picking and choosing when human rights matter. Seems similar to all other admins, I fail to see the change.

Especially when Obama "rejects as false" the notion that we have to sacrifice our ideals for our security.

The only change involved with Obama, is the cash in his pockets from the political supporters he just paid off with his stealfromus stimulus.

PLC1 came up with 'stealfromus'. I like it. I'm keeping it.

I know, I never minded Clinton on foreign relations so much, I just think it is ironic that the admin seems to be picking and choosing when human rights matter.
.....And, let's not look-into what the actual-agreements might be (with China's bureaucrats).....as-opposed-to statements designed for public-consumption!!!

Gee....I thought you were such a student of politics.

:rolleyes:

.....And, let's not look-into what the actual-agreements might be (with China's bureaucrats).....as-opposed-to statements designed for public-consumption!!!

What you just said was, the Clintons use double talk. The say one thing to one group of people, and another thing to another. I'm glad you finely caught on to something we've know for more 18 years now.

Yeah, he only defeated the Soviet Union.....
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.....and, the MURDER of a few women, children, priests & nuns was just one o' the perks, right?

"The death toll was staggering -- an estimated 70,000 or more political killings in El Salvador, possibly 20,000 slain from the contra war in Nicaragua, about 200 political "disappearances" in Honduras and some 100,000 people eliminated during a resurgence of political violence in Guatemala. The one consistent element in these slaughters was the overarching Cold War rationalization, emanating in large part from Ronald Reagan's White House."

What you just said was, the Clintons use double talk. The say one thing to one group of people, and another thing to another. I'm glad you finely caught on to something we've know for more 18 years now.
....That Republicans use that same tactic to ju$tify MURDER?

Yeah.....I've heard......

"The Senate committee's reports on 'US Chemical and Biological Warfare-Related Dual-Use Exports to Iraq', undertaken in 1992 in the wake of the Gulf war, give the date and destination of all US exports. The reports show, for example, that on May 2, 1986, two batches of bacillus anthracis -- the micro-organism that causes anthrax -- were shipped to the Iraqi Ministry of Higher Education, along with two batches of the bacterium clostridium botulinum, the agent that causes deadly botulism poisoning.

One batch each of salmonella and E coli were shipped to the Iraqi State Company for Drug Industries on August 31, 1987. Other shipments went from the US to the Iraq Atomic Energy Commission on July 11, 1988; the Department of Biology at the University of Basrah in November 1989; the Department of Microbiology at Baghdad University in June 1985; the Ministry of Health in April 1985 and Officers' City, a military complex in Baghdad, in March and April 1986.

The shipments to Iraq went on even after Saddam Hussein ordered the gassing of the Kurdish town of Halabja, in which at least 5000 men, women and children died. The atrocity, which shocked the world, took place in March 1988, but a month later the components and materials of weapons of mass destruction were continuing to arrive in Baghdad from the US."

That response had nothing to do with the topic... as usual. Still waiting for a Shaman post the makes sense.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh.....so, the Reagan Admin's support of Saddam Hussein's genocide-agenda had nothing-to-do with Human Rights, huh?

Werbung:

What agreement have we ever made with China that makes human rights a priority? Any agreement Clinton would make is going to be the same as always.

It is complete double talk for Obama to go around "championing" human rights when they are simply picking and choosing when they actually matter. I do not really have a problem with this, but everyone seems to attack others when they do it. Face it, Obama in this regard is more of them same.

Back