Why are Republicans so silent about Gas Prices?

all your questions are trick questions. you go on to prove it by informing me there are no responsive answers. in actuality there are answers. you THOUGHT you were clever.
nobody is talking about doom but you. quest.#4 there are so many numerous contributors to global warming I would be up all night listing them.
In your condescending diatribe you have revealed yourself, your just another right wing nut, a smart one, but a wingnut. I have tried, for my own amusement, to envision
what you look like, I see a bearded white man in a grey uniform and you want to be called colonel. you silence your critics by hanging them. You have a gun and a bible at your side. you are one notch above johnny.
this debate is over.

Hey Poppy, go here....https://www.houseofpolitics.com/threads/the-death-of-a-hoax.15468/#post-191543

We are looking forward to your comments in that thread.

Werbung:
I was doing my level best to be civil in this debate. I thought I did a pretty good job of it? My questions were 100% relevant to the issue being debated. There were no "trick questions" involved. The leftist Democrats claim that global warming is real. They also claim that humans contribute to the warming. I began this "debate" by accepting both of those premises as FACTS. I thought that was pretty generous?

Leftist Democrats are prepared to take the two premises noted above, ignore all of the important and relevant questions I asked, and ignorantly begin spending trillions of dollars on projects that may have NO relevant impact whatever on global warming. They may tell us that "something" must be done. That's possibly true. However, they can't quantify what if any effect each project will have on global warming. They have NO idea whether the combined effects of those projects will solve or fail to solve what they claim to be a critical problem. The leftist Democrats are asking us to bankrupt our nation trying to solve a problem that may or may not be solvable for ANY amount of money. They demand we pay for projects that may or may not have ANY effect on the claimed warming. The questions I asked aren't "trick questions". They're the questions that MUST be asked and answered if we're to intelligently do anything to reduce global warming. As with most things the leftist Democrats propose....., they'll tell us what we'll get for our money AFTER our money is spent!

As for Popamarino's "personal attack" on me, I claim no foul against him! When one is right, knows why he's right, and can prove he's right as I have on this issue, one can ignore the ridiculous, unfounded accusations of a spoiled, poorly-educated child!

virtue is it's own reward. if Pops choses to marginilize himself thusly, best to just feed him rope as it were.

High gas prices can be laid at the feet of those who stifle exploration, deny access to those resources that have already been found, and those who have blocked the construction of new refineries at every turn for decades. I believe democrats/liberals are the majority of all 3 of those groups.

this debate is over.

You are right on that point so far as scientific debate goes. It was over before it ever began. There is no actual scientific debate to be made in favor of anthropogenic causes for global warming. The debate from the warmer side has never been anything more than a whole array of logical fallacies from simple ad hominems, to appeals to authority, to appeals to fear, to the ever popular bandwagon fallacy, to guilt by association, to red herrings and strawmen.

If you believe there is a scientific debate to be made, you might begin it by describing the mechanism by which you believe a gas that has no capacity to absorb and retain energy might cause anything more than scattering of IR which is a mechanism for cooling, not warming; or describing anything that is happening in the modern climate that is genuinely unprecedented or even begins to approach the boundries of natural variability. Good luck with either.

Some scientists believe we are actually cooling. Will the 'extreme weather conditions' which accompany cooling be caused by man too?

Anthropogenic climate change is an unfalsifiable hypothesis. By defnition, all climatic conditions and thier fallout, no matter how bizarre or banal must be the result of man's so called greehouse gas emissions. Here is a list of things that have thus far been attributed the completely unproven assumption that man is altering the global climate. Imagine, all these things attributed to an inert trace gas. How completely stupid, or pathetically gullible must one be to buy into such a hoax?

http://www.numberwatch.co.uk/warmlist.htm

Anthropogenic climate change is an unfalsifiable hypothesis. By defnition, all climatic conditions and thier fallout, no matter how bizarre or banal must be the result of man's so called greehouse gas emissions. Here is a list of things that have thus far been attributed the completely unproven assumption that man is altering the global climate. Imagine, all these things attributed to an inert trace gas. How completely stupid, or pathetically gullible must one be to buy into such a hoax?

http://www.numberwatch.co.uk/warmlist.htm

Love that list.

"Welcome back, (the days of) Carter"

Wholesale Gasoline Shortage In California Causes Gas Stations To Shut Down: Hoarding Next?

Gasoline station owners in the Los Angeles area including Costco Wholesale Corp. (COST) are beginning to shut pumps because of supply shortages that have driven wholesale fuel prices to record highs.

Great - it's $4.35 a gal near me :mad:
Wow! That's the first I've heard of that doom and gloom scenario.
Gas stations around here aren't shutting down, and have no long lines at the pump reminiscent of the late '70s (not yet anyway). The price at Costco was $3.95 yesterday, which is pretty high for Costco, but not as high as $4.35, not yet.

There are problems with our refineries. Probably something stupid the state has done for global warming.

There are problems with our refineries. Probably something stupid the state has done for global warming.

According to this, it is due to a power failure and pipeline shut down.

A Chevron Corp. oil pipeline shut down last month, an Oct. 1 power failure at Exxon Mobil Corp.’s Torrance refinery and units down at other plants have cut supplies in the market.
Spot California-blend gasoline, or Carbob, in San Francisco surged 26 cents to $1.10 a gallon over futures, also the highest level since at least 2007, at 4:15 p.m. New York time.

Thanks

I think our refineries also supply other states like Arizona and Nevada.

Thanks

I think our refineries also supply other states like Arizona and Nevada.
One of the biggest problems is that our refineries are aging and correct me if I am wrong ..... thanks to the environmental wackos there has not been a new refinery built in this country since the 1970's.

Isn't this about the time that oil companies in the People's Republic of California are required by the government to shut down and clean out a certain number of tanks and use them to formulate the California-only winter blends of gasoline?

Werbung:
Back