Why are Republicans so silent about Gas Prices?

It's not always a wise tactical move to begin a debate by ACCEPTING your opponent' s starting position. Nevertheless, I feel I should be exceptionally kind & understanding to popamarino so I avoid any accusations of "personal attack". I do not accept that 98% of scientists say that global warming is real. Nevertheless, that's irrelevant to our debate as far as I'm concerned. I'll accept that a significant number of scientists in varying specialities believe that global warming is occuring. To further demonstrate my desire to get at the important "truths" about this issue, I will also accept your contention that human behavior is a contributing factor. By acceding to your opening contentions, I'll accept them as Facts for the purpose of our debate. I'm doing my best here to debate you with half of my brain "tied behind my back". I hope you appreciate that.

Let the debate begin!
GIVEN: (1) Global warming is occuring! (2) human behaviors contribute to the warming!

My Question #1 to you is: Please define the precise temperature conditions that must be reached in each of the major, human-inhabited areas of the globe such that the continued existence of humanity in each area is threatened by the warming. In other words, what exactly constitutes a "safe" and an "unsafe' temperature environment in each area?

My Question #2 to you is: Please list each human behavior that you or other "scientists" say contributes to global warming, and provide the temperature effect that each one has on the whole global temperature, as well as upon each major, human-inhabited area you identified in your answer to #1.

Your answers to my first two questions should get our debate off to a smashing start.
Easy there JPRD ....
You know how facts can hurt their feelings ....

Werbung:
When I was younger, in college--the Ice Age was returning.
Some years later--Global Warming.

I am old--but not like Pleistocene old!

I started checking out these guys. Allegre has been exposed as a fraud. there is a book about his book called the 100 lies. he is on exxon's payroll.
armstrong''s claims proved to be mistaken or misleading.

guess what? I found all the names on the disinformation data base but you so want to belive them you never vetted them.

tons of green house gasses are emitted daily. remember the Aztecs, gone due to drought,....remember the dust bowl, its beginning again. wind covered Phoenix with sand just months ago.

your authorities have been exposed and dishonored you want to try again?

remember the Aztecs, gone due to drought

Although you and I have a semi-official debate going in this thread, I do want to ask a question and make some comments on your above comment if that's ok?

I understand that your educational specialty is science and not history, but aren't the Aztecs "gone" because of Hernando Cortez and his Spanish conquistadors? I seem to recall that those Spaniards killed the Aztec Emperor Motezuma, and quite a few of Montezuma's soldiers and citizens too I believe. If I'm not mistaken, and by the way, I'm NOT, many Aztecs died from smallpox that was introduced by the Spaniards. If those poor Aztecs had to contend with droughts in addition to all the rest they were enduring, that must have "sucked" Big Time!

If there were a lot of Aztecs that died because of "drought", do you suppose the drought resulted from "global warming"? Do you know right off-hand how much use the Aztecs made of fossil fuels back in the 1500's? Did they have a lot of heavy industry spouting clouds of toxic smoke? What about gas-guzzling automobiles? I'm just trying to relate the Aztec situation to ours.

I started checking out these guys. Allegre has been exposed as a fraud. there is a book about his book called the 100 lies. he is on exxon's payroll.
armstrong''s claims proved to be mistaken or misleading.

guess what? I found all the names on the disinformation data base but you so want to belive them you never vetted them.

tons of green house gasses are emitted daily. remember the Aztecs, gone due to drought,....remember the dust bowl, its beginning again. wind covered Phoenix with sand just months ago.

your authorities have been exposed and dishonored you want to try again?

Please explain how CO2 can do as its thought and not violate the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics. Then explain how we know whether its getting warmer or cooler whe the suggested change is within the posted margin of error of those saying it.

Simple science stuff here, no need to justify credentials or the like.

I stand corrected. I meant the Incas. you asked for an example of how a population could be affected by weather.
I guess I have to repeat. global warming is not caused by man, we contribute to it. we hasten it.
Science uses the hockey stick analagy. From left to right the handle represents co2 levels for millions of years. the blade turning up represents the beginning of the industrial revolution to the present.

I'm sorry, credentials are necessary. you are to stone cold biased for me to believe anything you post. you have got to prove it and I will check.
no comment about your enviromental experts?

I stand corrected. I meant the Incas. you asked for an example of how a population could be affected by weather.

Thank you for your correction. I honestly don't recall how many Incas that the Spaniards under Francisco Pizzaro killed through war and smallpox, so I suppose we can drop the 16th century discussion? It wasn't me who asked you for an example of how a population could be effected by weather. Had I been asked that question myself, I might have answered "hurricane Katrina" and dropped that discussion too.

As a reminder, the two questions I asked you to begin our debate were:
My Question #1 to you is: Please define the precise temperature conditions that must be reached in each of the major, human-inhabited areas of the globe such that the continued existence of humanity in each area is threatened by the warming. In other words, what exactly constitutes a "safe" and an "unsafe' temperature environment in each area?

My Question #2 to you is: Please list each human behavior that you or other "scientists" say contributes to global warming, and provide the temperature effect that each one has on the whole global temperature, as well as upon each major, human-inhabited area you identified in your answer to #1.

I realize it may take you some time to prepare your answers, but I'm in no particular hurry.

I guess I have to repeat. global warming is not caused by man, we contribute to it. we hasten it.

Yes, I understand. My question #2 addresses that very point. It's important to our debate that each of those human contributions you mentioned be listed, and that their individual effects (contributions) upon the whole of global warming be quantified.

Science uses the hockey stick analagy. From left to right the handle represents co2 levels for millions of years. the blade turning up represents the beginning of the industrial revolution to the present.

I'm familiar with the hockey-stick graph. I'm very familiar with graphs, statistical concepts, and with the development and use of mathematical models and simulation. Those skills were required in my 40+-year career, and I used them frequently. The graph of which you speak depends upon one key assumption, that being that the entire difference between the trend in data prior to the Industrial Revolution and the subsequent trend since results from human causes. Since the data prior to that period and since does not identify nor quantify even one, individual variable within the universe of potential variables that might effect global temperatures, it's not much more than a "wild-ass guess" to conclude that any of the increase is human-caused.

Statistical data can be easily misinterpreted. Consider the example of a study that looked at hospital-bed occupancy. Data showed that one hospital in particular seemed to turnover bed-occupancy faster than all the others. The study team assumed that the hospital was efficiently admitting patients, treating and curing those patients, releasing them in a timely manner, and admitting new ones. The study team changed its conclusion after the addition of one more variable to the analysis. That variable was the hospital's "Death Rate"!

Food Prices and Gas Prices will hurt Obama in the election. Remember Jimmy Carter? This is the speech got Reagan elected
Marshall Lucky has the solution

wind covered Phoenix with sand just months ago.
bawahahahaha.........A sand storm in the desert? You have to be kidding me.. Phoenix was also
covered with 2 feet of hail just this past Easter. Now I wonder how that happened? Now was that global cooling or global warming to blame...I forget....or maybe it's what we in the south west call....wait for it.............

WEATHER

bawahahahaha.........A sand storm in the desert? You have to be kidding me.. Phoenix was also
covered with 2 feet of hail just this past Easter. Now I wonder how that happened? Now was that global cooling or global warming to blame...I forget....or maybe it's what we in the south west call....wait for it.............

WEATHER

It is a simple example of the Law of Inclemency.

Werbung:
Sorry sir. Just don't have time to dig up specifics. I will sick to stats. you want specs you do the research.

Back