Bill to repeal Obamacare barely defeated in Senate

Little-Acorn

Just heard on the local ABC news radio. No link yet. CNN has a headline, nothing else.

51 Senators voted against the repeal.
2 Senators "did not vote".

Hmmm... very close.

As I recall, the reason the Senate didn't get a Republican majority in the last election, was becaue 2/3 of the seats weren't up for a vote.

But another election is coming next year.

Werbung:
Just heard on the local ABC news radio. No link yet. CNN has a headline, nothing else.

Hmmm... very close.

As I recall, the reason the Senate didn't get a Republican majority in the last election, was becaue 2/3 of the seats weren't up for a vote.

The vote would not have been held if the votes were not already counted. It is no surprise that repeal failed in the Senate.

The vote would not have been held if the votes were not already counted. It is no surprise that repeal failed in the Senate.

its not hard to count how many Dems there are...and know. Its why the Republicans did not let a vote happen for so many things..they knew they would pass.

And then if it passes for some reason ( all the dems got sick and in the ER that day?) Obama vetos it and its pointless again.

Dog and pony show for the tea party...enjoy its all they will give you...a show...

its not hard to count how many Dems there are...and know. Its why the Republicans did not let a vote happen for so many things..they knew they would pass.

And then if it passes for some reason ( all the dems got sick and in the ER that day?) Obama vetos it and its pointless again.

Dog and pony show for the tea party...enjoy its all they will give you...a show...

Your assertions are ridiculous...

Am I to assume that every piece of legislation that passed in the Democratic House and then failed in the Senate over the last few years was just for "show"?

Your assertions are ridiculous...

Am I to assume that every piece of legislation that passed in the Democratic House and then failed in the Senate over the last few years was just for "show"?

all no? some yes. Don't pretend you don;t know the game.
Then again Dems for the last few years did not even get the vote...as they where all fillibustered.

And really its ridiculous? so you think that the Republicans really thought the repeal would pass? did you hit your head hard recently?

all no? some yes. Don't pretend you don;t know the game.
Then again Dems for the last few years did not even get the vote...as they where all fillibustered.

And really its ridiculous? so you think that the Republicans really thought the repeal would pass? did you hit your head hard recently?

I do "know the game", which is why I find it absurd when people try to point out that this action somehow equates to the Republican Party being worthless.

It is not worthless...it is politics.

How about we work on things that are good for the American people instead?

yes, and that can be done...this bill could not pass, and I think would be bad the American people. Fails on 2 counts...even if you think it could be good..you have to be mindless to think it would pass. It was a show, it was a bone to throw to the tea party and thats it.

if the Dems in the senate passed a bill saying ban all hand guns...Not only would I say it was dumb based on the fact it would fail in court...but also because there is no way in hell it would pass the house...so a complete waste of time. At the same time do I think it would be better for the American people? yes...but that does not really matter.

Dems lied to Republicans about the deal. They said if we pass to repeal Obamacare G.O.P would promise not to fillabuster any judges Obama apoints. Now because they screwed them if the Judges are Moderate or Liberal they will fillabuster it. That goes with Future Supreme Court Justices. If Obama gets another racist or an gay or an lesbian to the court republicans will fillabuster them.

yes, and that can be done...this bill could not pass, and I think would be bad the American people. Fails on 2 counts...even if you think it could be good..you have to be mindless to think it would pass. It was a show, it was a bone to throw to the tea party and thats it.

The House should not base what legislation it considers on the whims of the Senate, and vice versa.

It was done for political purposes no doubt, but that does not mean that it did not need to happen.

if the Dems in the senate passed a bill saying ban all hand guns...Not only would I say it was dumb based on the fact it would fail in court...but also because there is no way in hell it would pass the house...so a complete waste of time. At the same time do I think it would be better for the American people? yes...but that does not really matter.

That is exactly what Democrats did with the vote on the tax issue for those making $250,000 or more, and I don't recall a lot of wailing that it was just a waste of time.

Hmmm... very close.

They're all on record as just ignoring the will of the majority in this country which rejects obozocare. They're probably hoping a miracle will occur before 2012 when 1/3 have to face the electorate. What was striking about all the dem congressmen who were defeated last fall is that they seemed to just want to fall on their sword for the ghetto politician they worship.

Werbung:
The House should not base what legislation it considers on the whims of the Senate, and vice versa.

It was done for political purposes no doubt, but that does not mean that it did not need to happen.

That is exactly what Democrats did with the vote on the tax issue for those making $250,000 or more, and I don't recall a lot of wailing that it was just a waste of time.

They at least had a shot that they could get something...in fact they had the votes to pass it..if republicans had not did the only thing they have shown they can do for 2 years...filibuster. and if they did get it, it would be signed...and they had a clear majority of the public on there side as well.

Back