Buh-BYE, Gitmo!!!!

Given that these people operate in small groups as it is, it will be pretty easy to narrow down who the "mole" in any given situation is. This will result in the loss of our intel source.
Not-to-worry....the intel-angle has been covered.

:rolleyes:

"Of the 500-odd men released, none has received an apology. Instead, most receive an agreement they are asked to sign, stating that while they were an "enemy combatant," they agree not to go back to that way of life.

Presumably the people who drafted this form thought it was a good way to cover the administration's behind. Unfortunately for them, the military's own records betray the lie. Thanks to those records (and to the fact that lawyers have had access to the detainees) we now know that most of the detainees at Guantánamo have no link to terrorism.

Werbung:
His Consistancy & Logic will be much-more than you (typical) BUSHCO-fans will be able to tolerate.

You should (all) put all o' that plastic-sheeting & duct-tape you bought (for that biological-strike Lil' Dumbya promised you), and wrap your heads up really-well....so, when your heads explode (from that Consistancy & Logic), no one, near-by, gets all messy.

Navigating you folks will be like walking a minefield. Maybe you should (all) invest in little LED-beacons, for on-top your heads, so we can see you coming.

dude, your messiah played a good you on all of you, didn't he? :D

"Dozens of terrorism suspects being held at the U.S. naval base at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, will be moved to a little-used Illinois state prison that will be acquired and upgraded by the federal government, an Obama administration official said.

The critical step toward fulfilling President Obama's pledge to shut the Guantanamo detention center will be announced Tuesday, said the official, who reported that Obama has ordered the acquisition of the eight-year-old Thomson Correctional Center, about 150 miles northwest of Chicago.

blogimage_thumb_mcconnell753483.jpg

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said Tuesday that a bipartisan majority in Congress "already rejected bringing terrorists to U.S. soil for long-term detention."

"The administration has failed to explain how transferring terrorists to Gitmo North will make Americans safer than keeping these terrorists off of our shores in the secure facility in Cuba," said McConnell in a written statement."

Take a Midol, Mitch! You're gettin' a lil' TOO shrill.

:rolleyes:

This is great news.

America gets rid of some of the Bush TORTURE stinch... the terrorists will be even more locked down... and good old Americans in Illinois get jobs.

It's a win, win, win.

This is great news.

America gets rid of some of the Bush TORTURE stinch... the terrorists will be even more locked down... and good old Americans in Illinois get jobs.

It's a win, win, win.
Well, that's what the LOCALS think....but, what-the-Hell do THEY know?

I'm sure "conservatives" will make every effort to point-out the error-of-their-ways.

You know how prisoners have a tendency to lie about their last-residence. :rolleyes:

This is great news.

It's a win, win, win.

Notice there is no talk of trying all of these people. Wasn't the big complaint against Bush that he was trampling the Constitution by holding people down there indefinitely without a trial? Where is that solution? I have yet to hear it.

Senator McConnel's point was simply that moving the detainees to Illinois is just going to basically have GITMO is Illinois.

Not to mention that argument that it should be moved to create jobs falls flat because it is American soldiers (read Americans with jobs) guarding them now.

As a side note, Congress will have to approve this before anything can happen, so I am sure we can expect a fight.

Notice there is no talk of trying all of these people. Wasn't the big complaint against Bush that he was trampling the Constitution by holding people down there indefinitely without a trial? Where is that solution? I have yet to hear it.

Senator McConnel's point was simply that moving the detainees to Illinois is just going to basically have GITMO is Illinois.

Not to mention that argument that it should be moved to create jobs falls flat because it is American soldiers (read Americans with jobs) guarding them now.

As a side note, Congress will have to approve this before anything can happen, so I am sure we can expect a fight.

You see the point was to stop being stuck on stupid and to start moving in a positive direction.

Bush/Cheney made it clear to the world that GITMO would be America's TORTURE chamber. We seriously needed to do something to turn that around.

And I think we'll find at the end of the day every prisoner will get some type of trial and disposition.

And to say that American soldiers are guarding detainees at GITMO so that's American jobs is hugely insightful as to how Conservatives really see jobs and American job growth.

Hint: We are not in the building American military jobs business. Anyone who thinks we are is not plugged into what America is all about.

Eisenhower was right. There are people whose whole point is to grow the military and it's completely out of control monstrous spending.

Torture at Gitmo? Really?

I have not heard that. Must be left wing propaganda. No?

Can you really flush a copy of the Koran down the toilet?

I wonder if the Left will get upset when a murdering subhuman terrorist stubs his toe at the prison in Illinois. It is torture if an R is in the WH and nothing if a D is in the WH.

Torture at Gitmo? Really?

I have not heard that. Must be left wing propaganda. No?

Can you really flush a copy of the Koran down the toilet?

I wonder if the Left will get upset when a murdering subhuman terrorist stubs his toe at the prison in Illinois. It is torture if an R is in the WH and nothing if a D is in the WH.

Well, Dilawal was not at Gitmo.

and, of course, the atrocities at Abu Ghrab didn't take place at Gitmo.

So, maybe Gitmo just got a bad rap.

You see the point was to stop being stuck on stupid and to start moving in a positive direction.

And simply changing GITMO's location does that for you?

Bush/Cheney made it clear to the world that GITMO would be America's TORTURE chamber. We seriously needed to do something to turn that around.

Bush wanted to close GITMO, however (in my view) it continues to remain better than the alternative.

And I think we'll find at the end of the day every prisoner will get some type of trial and disposition.

Not according to the White House.

And to say that American soldiers are guarding detainees at GITMO so that's American jobs is hugely insightful as to how Conservatives really see jobs and American job growth.

I am just pointing out that an American job is an American job. Isn't that what we all claim to want?

Hint: We are not in the building American military jobs business. Anyone who thinks we are is not plugged into what America is all about.

Eisenhower was right. There are people whose whole point is to grow the military and it's completely out of control monstrous spending.

I thought we were just in the job business. And yes, Eisenhower was right, however we are not to the point where military spending is out of control.

Eisenhower was right, no question. The military industrial complex got out of hand in the late '60s under the banner of fighting Communism in SE Asia and preventing the so called "domino theory" from coming to fruition. Citizen protests eventually brought it under control and ended a senseless war. It may not be out of control today, at least not to the same degree, but when such measures as the patriot Act are still in force, it does lead us to wonder whether our liberties are in jeopardy once again.

The price of liberty is constant vigilance.

Eisenhower was right, no question. The military industrial complex got out of hand in the late '60s.
Its a shame he didn't also warn us about the Welfare Industrial Complex for that has gotten out of hand, currently consuming more than 60% of our federal budget and growing.

when such measures as the patriot Act are still in force, it does lead us to wonder whether our liberties are in jeopardy once again.
Prior to the very public Patriot Act, we had the very secret ECHELON project, so its not a matter of "once again" our liberties are in jeopardy but a matter of them still being in jeopardy... at least with the Patriot Act being public, we actually know our liberties are in jeopardy so there is hope to protect them.

Its a shame he didn't also warn us about the Welfare Industrial Complex for that has gotten out of hand, currently consuming more than 60% of our federal budget and growing.

If he had warned about the Welfare Industrial Complex, the libs would ignore him or call him a right wing fanatic. But since he criticized the military, he is loved and admired by the Left.

So much for the Left always claiming Rs love war and military spending. The hypocrisy is endless...

Werbung:
Eisenhower was right, no question. The military industrial complex got out of hand in the late '60s under the banner of fighting Communism in SE Asia and preventing the so called "domino theory" from coming to fruition.
Please!

The military industrial complex got out of hand in the '50s....just like he saw it!!!!

It was called The Cold War!!!!!

"Arguably, the original Cold War ended under Eisenhower’s former Vice President, Richard Nixon, who as President returned from Moscow in 1972 carrying a strategic agreement that he had reached with what was already a rapidly decaying Soviet Union.

“In Moscow, we witnessed the beginning of the end of that era which began in 1945,” Nixon said. “With this step, we have enhanced the security of both nations. We have begun to reduce the level of fear, by reducing the causes of fear, our two peoples, and for all the peoples of the world.”

However, while reducing fears and lowering tensions might be good news for many people, it wasnt welcomed by the corporations that profited from the fears and the tensions, nor by the intellectual hired guns who had built lucrative careers in politics, media and academia by exaggerating those fears and exacerbating those tensions."

Back