GM To Relocate to Canada?

PLC1 - Please....

The article you posted above was three years old.
Back when Bush was in office, cars sales were good.
It's different now. There is no economy to support car sales.

It's Obama silly, it's called CHANGE!

It's from January of '08.

Here's a more up to date one:

Of course, China remains a key market for GM," Nick Reilly, president of GM's Asia-Pacific division, said on the sidelines of the Shanghai Auto Show, which opened Monday. "We will continue to invest in new products for China, in new facilities and the latest in technology," he said.

While it scales back elsewhere, Detroit-based GM is aiming to double sales in China to about 2 million within the next five years, whether it ends up in bankruptcy protection or not, said Kevin Wale, president and managing director of the GM China Group.

Are you seriously going to try to argue that the economy in general, or even GM in particular, was going well until Obama was elected, then suddenly went sour? Really?

The only way you can do so is to invoke the mutability of the past.

Werbung:
It's from January of '08.

Here's a more up to date one:

Are you seriously going to try to argue that the economy in general, or even GM in particular, was going well until Obama was elected, then suddenly went sour? Really?

The only way you can do so is to invoke the mutability of the past.

its not logical, its wrong, its retarded...so yes, I am sure that will be the argument.

PLC1 - Yes, but the first article you posted was from 2006.
You may wish we were back in the good old days, but nothing is farther from the truth.
The economy will never become right again with Obama in charge.
2006 will look like heaven pretty soon, you just be patient.

It should be clear where we are heading and Obama is the problem now.
He scares business by taxing the rich, poor and the middle class.
Fooling with healthcare now is not helping jobs, but hurting. But this is his legacy.
You kill jobs, you kill what made America great. There is no turnaround coming.
Don't be fooled. No jobs, no consumer spending, no turnaround.

No, things are a mess now and this is called CHANGE!

It's an easy business once you use the gray matter.

Now you understand I hope :)

funny I look at those lists, and only nations I would want to live in, are the ones with the higher rates...and big econs..Japan, Germany and such...only low one is Ireland...and I don't see most of those lower ones really with a booming econ going for them...so higher seems to work

Interestingly enough most corporations are not fleeing to Germany and Japan.

So, in order to pay less in taxes, they're thinking of moving to.... Canada??!!

Somehow, I've never looked at our neighbor to the north as a tax haven.

Well they are a lower rate than us in terms of corporate tax. But as a general trend, we see companies moving to places with lower rates.

PLC1 - Yes, but the first article you posted was from 2006.
You may wish we were back in the good old days, but nothing is farther from the truth.
The economy will never become right again with Obama in charge.
2006 will look like heaven pretty soon, you just be patient.

It should be clear where we are heading and Obama is the problem now.
He scares business by taxing the rich, poor and the middle class.
Fooling with healthcare now is not helping jobs, but hurting. But this is his legacy.
You kill jobs, you kill what made America great. There is no turnaround coming.
Don't be fooled. No jobs, no consumer spending, no turnaround.

No, things are a mess now and this is called CHANGE!

It's an easy business once you use the gray matter.

Now you understand I hope :)

Yes, yes, now I see the light. I do understand. Pocketfullofshells was correct in his post just above yours.

GM closed over 1000 dealerships today. Keep in mind dealerships really
cost the company nothing, except that they may compete with one another.

It's the Union workers that do cost too much. Those are the ones GM
needs to eliminate.

GM closed over 1000 dealerships today. Keep in mind dealerships really
cost the company nothing, except that they may compete with one another.

It's the Union workers that do cost too much. Those are the ones GM
needs to eliminate.

and what do you base this knowledge of cost of them on? Ford Actuly spent alot of money on our dealership...but since you made the statement I am guessing you have something to back it up right? In just a few service techs at our dealership we Ford had ( like 2-3) spend more then a million in training and such for them ( dealerships are given rankings based on services, and we where a top tear dealership, so not all have that training...

and what do you base this knowledge of cost of them on? Ford Actuly spent alot of money on our dealership...but since you made the statement I am guessing you have something to back it up right? In just a few service techs at our dealership we Ford had ( like 2-3) spend more then a million in training and such for them ( dealerships are given rankings based on services, and we where a top tear dealership, so not all have that training...

Good points pocket.

The other reasons why both GM & Chrysler will be shutting down dealerships is simple.

The corporate office sees they have lost a lot of market share over the years (in GM's case from over 50% back in the 60's to 19% today). They want the dealers they have to be competing more with other brands and have less competition between it's OWN brands for every sale.

Plus there's less distribution costs with fewer dealerships.

The idea is to have fewer dealers spliting up their market share so they are each much stronger and can compete in hard times as well as good.

It's been reported that probably half of the dealerships being closed were soon to go out of business anyway due to the dropping of Pontiac and/or their own financial situation being on the low end of the unit sales chain.

Werbung:
Good points pocket.

The other reasons why both GM & Chrysler will be shutting down dealerships is simple.

The corporate office sees they have lost a lot of market share over the years (in GM's case from over 50% back in the 60's to 19% today). They want the dealers they have to be competing more with other brands and have less competition between it's OWN brands for every sale.

Plus there's less distribution costs with fewer dealerships.

The idea is to have fewer dealers spliting up their market share so they are each much stronger and can compete in hard times as well as good.

It's been reported that probably half of the dealerships being closed were soon to go out of business anyway due to the dropping of Pontiac and/or their own financial situation being on the low end of the unit sales chain.

stop making good points, to many and someone may have to admit they have no idea what they are talking about lol

Back