GOP Smith in Oregon has conceded election

Frolicking Dinosaurs

Read about it here
Republican Gordon Smith, who has represented Oregon in the U.S. Senate for the last 12 years, this morning called Jeff Merkley, his Democratric challenger, to concede their race.

Jon Isaacs, an aide to Merkley, said that Smith called Merkley about 8:40 a.m. to concede the hard-fought race, which came down to a few thousand votes. Isaacs described the conversation between the two men as "very cordial."

Werbung:
good! There is NO room for liberal or moderate Rino's

By saying that you're writing off every solid blue state and resigning the GOP to permanent minority status. You can't win as a Republican in a state like Oregon statewide unless you are a moderate. I hope Republican leaders follow your advice.

Werbung:
Popeye its great that he is gone, the republican party has got to get all of those sleezy dem lights out of the party. I am very glad he is gone. I think that obama and co. is going to bring down the country in a horrible way and the last thing needed is any rino with a R behind their name helping out. Obama needs as many dems as he can get so he can screw things up as royal as possible. He was just given more rope :) and I am glad

Back