Votes: 4 15.4%
  • C

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • D

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • F

Votes: 13 50.0%

• Total voters
While Jimmy was ineffectual, he didn't spy on the American people illegally, he didn't go to war based on lies, and he didn't get more than 4000 Americans killed in a deadend war. Do you really think that the hundreds of billions of dollars pulled out of the American economy to kill people in the Middle East hasn't been one of the causes of the current economic disaster? Our infrastructure has been let to go to rack and ruin while we spend billions for killing people.

Jimmy, for all his faults didn't legalize torture. I agree with you on a lot of points, No Obamo, but this isn't one of them. The bailout is just the next brick in his wall-of-disaster regime.

The economic melt down was directly caused by the dufus idiots in congress. I can name them. Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, Maxene Waters to start. The war has us in major debt along with other things like Katrina and 911, both were disasters but we might break on why. Giving over a million dollars to every family member of 911 was flat dumb. what about the people from the Oklahoma bombing, or Pearl Harbor. and we are STILL taking care of misplaced people from Katrina. At some point I say buddy get a job or move where you can get one!

Carter would have done nothing at all had 911 happened on his watch, I think Bill Clinton would have done nothing either. Carter sat around while our hostages were being held doing nothing, clinton turned his head when the cole was bombed and the other 200 and something attacks happened that were directly connected to 911.

If not for the last 8 years I would argue Jimmy Carter was a decent man no matter how bad of a president he was, i just cant argue that anymore.

Bush I can still argue is a decent man and my biggest problems with him is when he caved to liberals.

Werbung:
Why? What did he do to deserve that kind of vitriol?:confused: So, it seems that betrayal is part of your upset. Why is he the worst President when you didn't get angry with him until after he was out of office?

Here is where I will be happy to call a spade a spade even when I am the spade :)

I am far more angry at him for his actions in the last 8 years than I was with his actions as a president. I felt really sorry for him when he was president, I felt like he was too nice for such a ruthless job.

But I do think he was a worse president than Bush. I am not old enough to have very many presidents. I dont remember Nixon though I like what I have read about him. I dont remember Ford but I did not read anything good or bad about him so I have no opinion. I hated reagan as a kid, well up until I educated myself on what he was about instead of listening to news casters and holywierd people. I really never liked Bush one but he didnt do anything for me to dislike him, I just disliked him. So that kind of leaves Carter and the energy crisis and hostage situation.

But its true I really dislike him now more about his actions after his presidency.

Jmmy Carter was absolutely horrible. He enacted price controls, was about to ration gasoline, he supported the Sandinista in Nicaragua, that has reaped disaster on those people for the past 30 years. He allowed amnesty for draft dodgers and lost Iran when the Shah of Iran was overthrown by pro-soviet revolutionaries, while doing nothing to help our close ally. The result of which, we have to deal with today.

Further, he increased social security taxes on all citizens, while at the same time allowing immigrants who haven't paid anything into the system, to receive benefits from it. Plus, during the whole thing, inflation was raging in the double digits, and he authorized the most screwed up plan to rescue the hostages, that led to almost a half dozen perfectly intact US military hellicopters being left in Iran, that are in use by the Iranian military even now, as well as CIA info that revealed the names of CIA agents and contacts in Iran, as well as the death of several US military personnel.

And I have not even gotten to his un-authorized chit chats with other countries after his merciful removal for office.

In short, Carter was not just ineffectual, although he clearly was. He was incompetent. The absolutely stupidity of his policies and actions, over shadow anything Bush as done yet. Even the bailout is minor blip on Carters monument to idiocy in leadership. I'd be surprised to find one decent thing accomplished during his 4 years other than slight deregulation of the Trucking and Railroad industry, whoopty doo. *twirls a finger in the air*

I give him a solid D-

The only reason he hasnt gotten an F from me, is that he managed to not get impeached or resign in disgrace. Plus, it is the holiday season, and I am feeling generous. Think of it in terms of a teacher passing a failing student, mostly so they wouldnt have them in class again.

The ONLY decent thing about Carter was the house building, had he stuck to that I would have still called him a bad president but a decent person. I dont think he is even a decent person. If I were God I would deport him from the States, strip him of everything he has American and feed him to the terrorists.

Obamanation,
I must point out that you certainly are willing to lash out at certain people who you disagree with, then get twisted about it when it happens to people you support. Read Sarah Palin here. Turnabout is fair play keep in mind.

Also, you wouldnt need to be God, only GWB to do it with the legislation he pushed. Also, this isnt exactly "Christian" from someone who claims to be a Christian.

His actions in the last 8 years are terrible. Now mind you it was Jimmy Carter who got me into politics when I was in the 4th grade. I loved him much like kids today love Obama. I hated reagan for taking his job away I hated anyone who said he was a bad president. I admired his work building houses.

But something has changed with him in the last 8 years, politically he has said and done things directly against american interest. He has met with terrorists leaders and on their land spoken horrible about our country, once even saying it was us that needed the UN to check for accurate voting while defending dictators.

I never thought he loved Israel but I am to a point I think he hates them and would undermind them if possible.

If the last 8 years did not exist, I would not feel the way I do. I base all my disgust I have in him on the last 8 years.

Think of how bad you hate bush, double it or triple it and your almost close to how much I cant stand the guy who got me into politics in the first place

Hmmm so you are a flipflopper when it comes to Carter.

Carter is a genius and a saint when compared to Bush.

You will never beat terrorists with bombs. It only ever ends with negotiation.

And the illegal attack and bombing of a nation IS terrorism. The problem is that idiots in the US can't understand that just because you deliver your bombs in planes it is still morally equivalent to carrying them round your waist. Except that the consequences are far worse when the bombs are delivered by planes.

Anyone who thinks GWB is anything but a huge failure and a despot should seriously consider getting help.

He has brought the US and the world economy to its knees.

He has started two illegal wars and then killed hundreds of thousands of innocent men, women and children.

If that isn't enough to make you want rid of him and his cronies forever then you represent everything that is bad about the US.

Thankfully the majority of the US clearly don't think like that but those of you posting that Bush did well - you sound mad.

I would give him a Z- but that is only because of where the alphabet stops.

Leaving the whitehouse in shame, just like he arrived, is nowhere near a bad enough ending for this war criminal.

Carter is a genius and a saint when compared to Bush.

You will never beat terrorists with bombs. It only ever ends with negotiation.

And the illegal attack and bombing of a nation IS terrorism. The problem is that idiots in the US can't understand that just because you deliver your bombs in planes it is still morally equivalent to carrying them round your waist. Except that the consequences are far worse when the bombs are delivered by planes.

Anyone who thinks GWB is anything but a huge failure and a despot should seriously consider getting help.

He has brought the US and the world economy to its knees.

He has started two illegal wars and then killed hundreds of thousands of innocent men, women and children.

If that isn't enough to make you want rid of him and his cronies forever then you represent everything that is bad about the US.

Thankfully the majority of the US clearly don't think like that but those of you posting that Bush did well - you sound mad.

I would give him a Z- but that is only because of where the alphabet stops.

Leaving the whitehouse in shame, just like he arrived, is nowhere near a bad enough ending for this war criminal.

The wheel of karma turns and George is going to be on the rim--where the rubber meets the road, so to speak.

The economic melt down was directly caused by the dufus idiots in congress. I can name them. Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, Maxene Waters to start.
You dont really believe this do you? I mean really? Do you think the economic downturn that America, and the globe is seeing falls onto 3 members of Congress who are "directly" responsible? This might be among an absurdity level that stoops to a level of Dawkins. Please back it up with someone or prove me wrong. Otherwise this is nothing but utterly partisan BS.
Provide evidence or dont post this sort of claim. Your posts are generally more informed than this.
The fact of the matter is that this is a dramatic systemic failure.
The war has us in major debt along with other things like Katrina and 911, both were disasters but we might break on why. Giving over a million dollars to every family member of 911 was flat dumb.
Concerning the families of 911, I ask you what a human life is worth? For someone who holds so much value on the life of an embryo, you discount harshly what sort of financial hardship these families have/will face when thier loved on is, to say the least is out of the work force. Especially concerning those families have zero legal recourse to pursue concerning the poeple who committed the crimes.
what about the people from the Oklahoma bombing, or Pearl Harbor. and we are STILL taking care of misplaced people from Katrina. At some point I say buddy get a job or move where you can get one!
To address Pearl Harbor, the vast majority of those killed were active duty military personel and thier families were compensated as well. Much like any military family who suffers a loss. As for those in NOLA, most people have either returned or re-located. But it is worthy to note that the destruction that ensued came from a levy failure that was operated and maintained by the federal government.
Carter would have done nothing at all had 911 happened on his watch, I think Bill Clinton would have done nothing either.
Pure speculation. Nothing else.
Carter sat around while our hostages were being held doing nothing
What did you want Carter to do? Invade Iran? Nuke them? The rescue mission that was ultimately undertaken turned tragic, but the fact of the matter is that there was little realistic military response to the situation.
clinton turned his head when the cole was bombed and the other 200 and something attacks happened that were directly connected to 911.
Maybe Clinton should have invaded Yemen, and then the Sudanese? Sounds grand, the current President didnt do squat when a genocide was going on in Sudan, and you criticise a former President of turning his head about a single terrorist attack. This logic makes zero sense to me.
If not for the last 8 years I would argue Jimmy Carter was a decent man no matter how bad of a president he was, i just cant argue that anymore.
Bush I can still argue is a decent man and my biggest problems with him is when he caved to liberals.
I find this simply comical. He caved to the liberals? :eek: When it comes to spending he is a hell of a lot more liberal than the Democrats.

In short, Carter was not just ineffectual, although he clearly was. He was incompetent. The absolutely stupidity of his policies and actions, over shadow anything Bush as done yet.
If this is your basis than cetainly Bush is incompetent as well. Absolutely blundering in the overseeing of a war that was unncessary. After starting with a budget surplus that was larger than any in history, ran through those tax dollars and did nothing but spend and cut taxes. Bush has pushed us into economic ruin, alienated our history allies, and caused us to be in a military situation whereas we would be strained to react military to an actual threat.
Under Bush, NKorea denotated a nuke, our "friends" the Sauds involved 15 of thier citizens crash planes into our landmarks, killing thousands of civilians and causing billions of damages. We rewarded them by cowering to the terrorist demands by pulling our troops out of Saudi Arabia, even when they refused to assist in our "liberation" of Iraq. Then made them even richer by driving up the price of oil, and causing mounting debt, which is bought up by the Chinese and Sauds.
If you want to talk about who overshadowed who in thier ineptness, there is no question Bush did us much more harm as a nation than Carter ever did, and I dont like having to defend Carter.
Even the bailout is minor blip on Carters monument to idiocy in leadership. I'd be surprised to find one decent thing accomplished during his 4 years other than slight deregulation of the Trucking and Railroad industry, whoopty doo. *twirls a finger in the air*
I have been thinking hard, and havent been able to find a single redeeming quality of the Bush years, id be interested in hearing all the great things you think he has done.

Jmmy Carter was absolutely horrible. He enacted price controls, was about to ration gasoline, he supported the Sandinista in Nicaragua, that has reaped disaster on those people for the past 30 years. He allowed amnesty for draft dodgers and lost Iran when the Shah of Iran was overthrown by pro-soviet revolutionaries, while doing nothing to help our close ally. The result of which, we have to deal with today.

Further, he increased social security taxes on all citizens, while at the same time allowing immigrants who haven't paid anything into the system, to receive benefits from it. Plus, during the whole thing, inflation was raging in the double digits, and he authorized the most screwed up plan to rescue the hostages, that led to almost a half dozen perfectly intact US military hellicopters being left in Iran, that are in use by the Iranian military even now, as well as CIA info that revealed the names of CIA agents and contacts in Iran, as well as the death of several US military personnel.

And I have not even gotten to his un-authorized chit chats with other countries after his merciful removal for office.

In short, Carter was not just ineffectual, although he clearly was. He was incompetent. The absolutely stupidity of his policies and actions, over shadow anything Bush as done yet. Even the bailout is minor blip on Carters monument to idiocy in leadership. I'd be surprised to find one decent thing accomplished during his 4 years other than slight deregulation of the Trucking and Railroad industry, whoopty doo. *twirls a finger in the air*

Great post Andy, I cant stand him even more now, you reminded me of things long forgotten. :) thank you !!

Obamanation,
I must point out that you certainly are willing to lash out at certain people who you disagree with, then get twisted about it when it happens to people you support. Read Sarah Palin here. Turnabout is fair play keep in mind.

Also, you wouldnt need to be God, only GWB to do it with the legislation he pushed. Also, this isnt exactly "Christian" from someone who claims to be a Christian.

What is christian to you? I dont think anything in carters personality showed christian values, not then and not now.

What is chrisitain depends on ones point of view.

as for sarah palin, you seem to have it out for her much like I have it out for Obama. I am not sure either of us see it clear when it comes to those people. I dont see her as the monster you make her out to be any more than you see obama as the monster I make him out to be.

I admit that I have very strong views on people I think actually hurt our country. I put Carter and Obama in the same camp when it comes to that and I am way harder on them than I would be someone I just dont like much but is not a direct threat to our country.

Werbung:
Back