Joe Scarborough?!?

LooseChange

So I see it like this. If this Man decides to run for the Senate down in Florida and he wins the seat. He might be the only one that could really unite the GOP and get some moderates on his side. His only problem would be the very far right and facing off against Rush Limbaugh and his people who might call him on his conservative values since they would probably doubt his credentials. I for one being an independent would love to see him run for President. Hell I'm suffering from buyers remorse with Obama just like I did with his predecessor Bush. Tired of getting my hopes up then only have them come crashing down yet again. :(

Werbung:
I didnt know joe was planning to run. On the republican ticket? or on the I ticket?

He was going to run but I think he changed his mind but it still to early to tell. If he does it will be the republican ticket but I think he'll face some stiff opposition from the extreme right of the conservative base because they feel he might be too moderate for their taste or even worse too liberal if you can believe that...

He was going to run but I think he changed his mind but it still to early to tell. If he does it will be the republican ticket but I think he'll face some stiff opposition from the extreme right of the conservative base because they feel he might be too moderate for their taste or even worse too liberal if you can believe that...

Only in a primary.

Conservatives want a conservative to back, but in a general they pick the best of the two.

If Joe can make it through a primary conservatives will back him against obama without any trouble. But first he would have to get through the primary. Much like McCain really, no conservative wanted anything to do with him in the primary til after Romney backed out. Once it was clear we were stuck with McCain we held our nose and voted for him. Heck I even sent him money and I never did like him.

I would like to see him run, would be nice to have some more sane republicans running for anything...but being a sane republican these days means a it will be a hard fight...The Birthers, Deathers, and such want will cry your not to insane and lacking facts to support you. Joe is the type of Republican we need, smart and not a partison hack, and actuly seems to hole to real convervitive values, much less the pick and choose type of today...

I would like to see him run, would be nice to have some more sane republicans running for anything...but being a sane republican these days means a it will be a hard fight...The Birthers, Deathers, and such want will cry your not to insane and lacking facts to support you. Joe is the type of Republican we need, smart and not a partison hack, and actuly seems to hole to real convervitive values, much less the pick and choose type of today...

well if the left is correct and the right only has a very small group of right wing nut jobs, he should run through a primary very easily.

once he is the main candidate what birther would vote for obama over him or even take a chance on a third party person?

Bottom line is that I believe he is the only one who can truly lead the GOP and steer it away from the extreme right and not so much to the extreme left but in the middle and close enough for comfort for those independents to really give him a chance. I'm like Chris Rock. I'm liberal on some issues and conservative on the others. I would love to have my politicians the same way and I think Joe fits that description to the letter. Mike Huckabee will not get my vote if he is the Republican nominee because I feel he puts too much emphasis on tying religion and politics together. I also feel that if Joe does decide to run he should add Ron Paul to the ticket or maybe his son if he wins the Senate seat I think in Kentucky.

Bottom line is that I believe he is the only one who can truly lead the GOP and steer it away from the extreme right and not so much to the extreme left but in the middle and close enough for comfort for those independents to really give him a chance. I'm like Chris Rock. I'm liberal on some issues and conservative on the others. I would love to have my politicians the same way and I think Joe fits that description to the letter. Mike Huckabee will not get my vote if he is the Republican nominee because I feel he puts too much emphasis on tying religion and politics together. I also feel that if Joe does decide to run he should add Ron Paul to the ticket or maybe his son if he wins the Senate seat I think in Kentucky.

Personally I dont want a moderate, I think they are too watered down.

I dont want the huckabump either, I really cant stand him but for differnt reasons than you.

But I will end up backing who ever goes against obama unless he or she is worse than obama. Since the chances of that are slim to none I guess that means Ill even vote for a watered down RINO if I have to

Personally I dont want a moderate, I think they are too watered down.

I dont want the huckabump either, I really cant stand him but for differnt reasons than you.

But I will end up backing who ever goes against obama unless he or she is worse than obama. Since the chances of that are slim to none I guess that means Ill even vote for a watered down RINO if I have to

Hey but you got to admit, Joe Scarborough would get the necessary Independent votes to put him over the top against Obama? I dont' think he's to moderate and honestly his conservative values are right in line with mine so I would be comfortable with him and so would diddo heads in the end. ;)

Hey but you got to admit, Joe Scarborough would get the necessary Independent votes to put him over the top against Obama? I dont' think he's to moderate and honestly his conservative values are right in line with mine so I would be comfortable with him and so would diddo heads in the end. ;)

Honestly I dont know a ton about the man. I have listened to him a few times and agreed with him a few times.

I dont know if hard core conservatives would be "happy" with him but they would back him if it meant getting rid of obama.

What about Joe do you like? What are some of the things he stands for?

Lower taxes?
Smaller government?
Strong on military?

Honestly I dont know a ton about the man. I have listened to him a few times and agreed with him a few times.

I dont know if hard core conservatives would be "happy" with him but they would back him if it meant getting rid of obama.

What about Joe do you like? What are some of the things he stands for?

Lower taxes?
Smaller government?
Strong on military?

Yes, Yes, and Yes to all three. His morning show is on MSNBC and I don't know how you feel about that network but they respect him and KO doesn't give him a hard time because Joe stood up to him too and gave him some of his own medicine. Not to mention Pat Buchanan I'm sure has mentored him on the old school conservative values and also I would like to mention that PB is no big fan of Neo-Con's and I've read his books about the subject. So Scarborough is the best bet for the Republican party and he uses common sense.

Sounds like he may go places. Dont be shocked though if msnbc and every other left leaning group goes after him with guns loaded if he gets passed a primary.

They loved McCain too, till he was the front runner then he was satans big brother and hitlers twin.

I remember the repsect the left had for McCain as being one of the reasons we needed to back him, so many did... thinking it would be a good thing. it didnt work out then and it wont work out next time but someone has to be the front runner, he is as good as anyone.

But I still want Mitt Romney myself.

Sounds like he may go places. Dont be shocked though if msnbc and every other left leaning group goes after him with guns loaded if he gets passed a primary.

They loved McCain too, till he was the front runner then he was satans big brother and hitlers twin.

I remember the repsect the left had for McCain as being one of the reasons we needed to back him, so many did... thinking it would be a good thing. it didnt work out then and it wont work out next time but someone has to be the front runner, he is as good as anyone.

But I still want Mitt Romney myself.

hmmm...idk about Mitt Romney because he may be a little to Mormon for some on the religious right because they do have a suspicion about him and his religious views. However with that being said if a Romney/Scarborough ticket was on the ballet or vise versa then maybe that would help his campaign. I mean I know it's ridiculous to take someones particular religion into play but unfortunately we do. I mean just look at the straw pole they conducted at the FRC. Huckabee beat him out so Mitt has a ways to go to convince some on the religious right.

hmmm...idk about Mitt Romney because he may be a little to Mormon for some on the religious right because they do have a suspicion about him and his religious views. However with that being said if a Romney/Scarborough ticket was on the ballet or vise versa then maybe that would help his campaign. I mean I know it's ridiculous to take someones particular religion into play but unfortunately we do. I mean just look at the straw pole they conducted at the FRC. Huckabee beat him out so Mitt has a ways to go to convince some on the religious right.

Huckabee did not beat him out. Mitt ended his run after Florida as the race just started and he ended it with more votes than the huckster got staying in to the very end.

Romeny knew his chances were slim after Florida so he didnt waste the time/money to keep going. smart move since he was paying for it himself.

Huckabee was not paying for any of it so he took it to the end knowing he would not make it but got to travel free and get a fox tv show for his efforts.

Nominee John McCain Mike Huckabee Mitt Romney
Party Republican Republican Republican
Home state Arizona Arkansas Massachusetts
States carried 31 8 11
Popular vote 9,840,746 4,179,514 4,525,036

Werbung:
Huckabee did not beat him out. Mitt ended his run after Florida as the race just started and he ended it with more votes than the huckster got staying in to the very end.

Romeny knew his chances were slim after Florida so he didnt waste the time/money to keep going. smart move since he was paying for it himself.

Huckabee was not paying for any of it so he took it to the end knowing he would not make it but got to travel free and get a fox tv show for his efforts.

Nominee John McCain Mike Huckabee Mitt Romney
Party Republican Republican Republican
Home state Arizona Arkansas Massachusetts
States carried 31 8 11
Popular vote 9,840,746 4,179,514 4,525,036

I'm sorry I was referring to that recent straw poll that took place this weekend in Washington D.C. when I said FRC I meant the Family Research Council was conducting it. Conservatives had a get together this weekend and Huckabee won their straw poll. Sorry I wasn't specific enough with my message. My bad Pandora

Back