Obama does have a point about Americas wealth.

The CBO always believe3s it will last and quite a lot of people are always glad to build bubbles. the really smart ones take advantage of bubles and know when to cash out.

but the only real point is that whether you were active or not, the net worth of all property owners went up and then down impacting this curious news item.

I think the problem was--people fell for their houses/properties tripling in value--borrowed deep against it to buy BMW's and trips abroad--and then bottom fell out and the bill came due. Margin call.

Then--wahhh wahhhh wahhh! Lookee what happened to me! Oh golly! Wahhhh wahhh wahhh.
Stupidity is what happened ot them.
I could sell these chumps CZ's at $1200/carat.
The dot.com bubble--pretty much the same thing.

Werbung:
I think the problem was--people fell for their houses/properties tripling in value--borrowed deep against it to buy BMW's and trips abroad--and then bottom fell out and the bill came due. Margin call.

Then--wahhh wahhhh wahhh! Lookee what happened to me! Oh golly! Wahhhh wahhh wahhh.

well their investments that were rocking with MBDs ate far more than BMWs and trips. the larer problem was people buying more house than they coiuld afford on the assumption they could turn it over and even trade up on the increased value. thats leaving out the subprime factor which hurt badly as well.

I'm sure that many here are familiar with the CBO and how it operates. For those who aren't, it might help if we provide a few general insights into its operation. The CBO for all intents and purposes consists of a bunch of bean-counting accountants. The government bigwigs submit requests to the CBO, usually related to the effects of a policy/law on various economic factors. As an example, the Obamacare law has been "assessed" several times by the CBO. The requests included questions such as, "How much will it cost". Sounds simple, doesn't it? When such questions are asked, the requestor may, and often does include a set of assumptions that the CBO must use in their assessment. The assumptions used in CBO assessments are seldom discussed in the media. When they are mentioned, the reporters are often not qualified to interpret the effect that the assumptions had on the conclusion drawn by the CBO. Examples of these assumptions might be, (1) job growth will be +3.5 million jobs per-year for the next 10 years, (2) total tax receipts will increase +$45 billion dollars per-year during years 1-5, and +$57 billion dollars per-year during years 6-10, (3) 4 million fewer people will incur serious heart attacks each year because of healthier-living programs, (4) food prices will remain constant throughout the entire 10-year period, etc. etc. etc.

Conclusion: Unless all of the assumptions are fully explained, take the conclusions of most CBO studies with a grain of salt!

I'm sure that many here are familiar with the CBO and how it operates. For those who aren't, it might help if we provide a few general insights into its operation. The CBO for all intents and purposes consists of a bunch of bean-counting accountants. The government bigwigs submit requests to the CBO, usually related to the effects of a policy/law on various economic factors. As an example, the Obamacare law has been "assessed" several times by the CBO. The requests included questions such as, "How much will it cost". Sounds simple, doesn't it? When such questions are asked, the requestor may, and often does include a set of assumptions that the CBO must use in their assessment. The assumptions used in CBO assessments are seldom discussed in the media. When they are mentioned, the reporters are often not qualified to interpret the effect that the assumptions had on the conclusion drawn by the CBO. Examples of these assumptions might be, (1) job growth will be +3.5 million jobs per-year for the next 10 years, (2) total tax receipts will increase +$45 billion dollars per-year during years 1-5, and +$57 billion dollars per-year during years 6-10, (3) 4 million fewer people will incur serious heart attacks each year because of healthier-living programs, (4) food prices will remain constant throughout the entire 10-year period, etc. etc. etc.

Conclusion: Unless all of the assumptions are fully explained, take the conclusions of most CBO studies with a grain of salt!

its like this, the politicians have an Excel with a handful of variables that they can plug in. the CBO has the very same Excel (the pols gave it to them to use) and are given the very same handful of variables and as if by magic they always come up with the same answer. as is virtually always the case with DC its a lot of money for nothing.

The CBO woman who came up with the recent report showing that Obamacare would save money was an Obama supporter and bundler for Obama's campaign.

That's why you can't believe any of the numbers coming out of government. Just like they've skewed the unemployment numbers.

It is a sad fact--that without a good sense of where to find it, and the internet is not reliable, the truth has been lost for quite some time.

It is a sad fact--that without a good sense of where to find it, and the internet is not reliable, the truth has been lost for quite some time.

There are some groups that have been able to sort through the fog and mirror show.

Werbung:

When the market fell through I was selling mortgages and watched the markets everyday. But in reality I saw much more clear warnings on the Sunday morning talk shows. It was clear to anyone who listened that the market was going to fall soon.

My house tripled in value and I sold it weeks before the collapse to move into a house that was larger but less expensive. When prices fell I lost the same percentage as everyone else but on a smaller amount of capital. On the one hand I knew what was going to happen but on the other hand if my sale had taken just a little longer I would have lost my shirt like so many others.

Back