Palin is crushed in the debate

Pandora

I am going to predict the debate in advance. I am trying very hard to make sure the lefties here in the forum think the thread is fair, since the last thread I made on debates (who won the debate) was not considered fair by them.

So here I go with the results as I see them.....

Biden’s skill and style crushed the poor little Gov. from Alaska, who we think might have had an ear piece hidden under all that hair. Biden was so smooth and bold yet slick. If we did not know better, you would have thought someone slipped him the questions in advance. *wink wink*

Palin was obviously out of her league. The more than fair and balanced mod, Gwen Ifill strained and felt pain for Palin who could not answer her simple little questions like what is your name. It is clear to see these questions were far to hard for the ex mayor of a very small town in the wilderness of Alaska, who forced raped women to pay for their own rape kits out of their children’s food budget.

McCain needs to pack up his little woman and send her back to Alaska, if the people of Alaska will even have her. McCain himself should just pack his own bags as well and call it a day; the old man must be tired. He could go back to the senate and live out what little time he has left to live. If he were a true patriot he would just endorse Obama now and save himself the laughter on November 4th.

So.... how did you see the debate?

Werbung:
Well I was wrong about the big hair, she showed her ears, unless there was some wireless ear piece I guess she did not have that. But there were a number of close up shots of her head and I did not see wires sticking out.

I thought Joe Biden did really well. I like his smile. I think he was very very very very respectful to her and to the mod.

I liked both of their answers on Israel. I wish I could believe Biden when he said Obama was as strong in his support of Israel as Biden has.

Palin did better than I expected and I like Biden even more than I did before. She did one blunder, she said mainstreet was the problem and wallstreet suffered for it. She meant I am sure Wallstreet is the problem that mainstreet is paying for. One more, she said John McCain is who we need to leave, I mean lead :) I am sure that will be a sound bite in the morning.

I wish it was a Biden ticket with Biden on top. I could be pretty happy with either ticket if Biden was the front runner. The more I see him the more I like him.

I also think Biden showed that he knew more about FP than she did but I think she laid out some of her experience in executive matters that They did not have.

Tie would be fair but if you had to break for one, I would say break for Biden.

They both used notes. Is that bad? I think its smart

They BOTH seem like REAL people unlike the two at the top of the ticket.

And I think the mod did very well, I am extra surprised about that.

Oh yes, one more thing. When they asked about what the VP does, she added something about extra power. I honestly did not understand it, but when Biden had a turn he ripped into that and said it was a cheney thing and not real.

I dont know enough to know who was right, but I supose Ill find out soon :)

Oh yes, one more thing. When they asked about what the VP does, she added something about extra power. I honestly did not understand it, but when Biden had a turn he ripped into that and said it was a cheney thing and not real.

I dont know enough to know who was right, but I supose Ill find out soon :)

Biden was, the VP has one power in the Senate, break ties...Thats it.

Palin held her own pretty well, considering the difference in experience. She has poise, and only stumbled a couple of times. She comes across as intelligent, but not really polished.

Biden is more experienced, more polished, and also comes across as intelligent and able to think on his feet.

If I have to hear one more time how McCain is a maverick and Palin is a hockey mom, I may puke.

When you boil down the differences in policy or in philosophy between the two tickets, there really isn't much that you can really grab on to.

McCain/Palin talk about cutting corporate taxes in order to bring about more economic growth, while Obama/Biden keep talking about tax cuts for the middle class. Neither one address the problem of bringing spending in line with proposed tax cuts.

Obama/Biden are for time tables for coming home from Iraq, while McCain/Palin oppose them. Both want to see an end to the war, eventually.

Obama/Biden want to see a universal health insurance, while McCain Palin want to end tax breaks for employer health insurance, and use the money to give a tax credit for people to buy their own. Neither one has really thought through their proposals and how they would play out in the real world, of course, nor are either likely to pass the Congress intact.

Other than that, the main talking points is "I'm a hockey mom" and "I'm a maverick".

And NoObama for once I more or less agree with your post ( the 2nd one at least) But did you notice her just complete lack responding to the questions asked? She did not need a wire, she just ignored the questions and gave caned speaches as debate.

Yes I noticed that, and what I thought of when she said I am not going to answer your questions the way you want me to is her last two interviews.

She was trying to answer The perky ones questions how the perky one wanted them answered and she fumbled through it. I think she went into this debate not trusting the mod WITH GOOD REASON and felt like she wasnt going to be baited.

I think she should write the mod a letter or send flowers and say im sorry I was wrong about you

Palin held her own pretty well, considering the difference in experience. She has poise, and only stumbled a couple of times. She comes across as intelligent, but not really polished.

Biden is more experienced, more polished, and also comes across as intelligent and able to think on his feet.

If I have to hear one more time how McCain is a maverick and Palin is a hockey mom, I may puke.

When you boil down the differences in policy or in philosophy between the two tickets, there really isn't much that you can really grab on to.

McCain/Palin talk about cutting corporate taxes in order to bring about more economic growth, while Obama/Biden keep talking about tax cuts for the middle class. Neither one address the problem of bringing spending in line with proposed tax cuts.

Obama/Biden are for time tables for coming home from Iraq, while McCain/Palin oppose them. Both want to see an end to the war, eventually.

Obama/Biden want to see a universal health insurance, while McCain Palin want to end tax breaks for employer health insurance, and use the money to give a tax credit for people to buy their own. Neither one has really thought through their proposals and how they would play out in the real world, of course, nor are either likely to pass the Congress intact.

Other than that, the main talking points is "I'm a hockey mom" and "I'm a maverick".

what about the , thats just looking backwards....umm yea thats how you judge people Palin, you look at there record. And Biden almost begged her to say how McCain was not the same as Bush...and she failed to do that over and over again.

Yes I noticed that, and what I thought of when she said I am not going to answer your questions the way you want me to is her last two interviews.

She was trying to answer The perky ones questions how the perky one wanted them answered and she fumbled through it. I think she went into this debate not trusting the mod WITH GOOD REASON and felt like she wasnt going to be baited.

I think she should write the mod a letter or send flowers and say im sorry I was wrong about you

they where not even hard questions that could be viewed as baited, it was clear she just did not know what to say so danced and said screw it i am talking about this instead....I hope if she , god forbid, ever ended up president, the knows you dont get to do that in real life. You dont have them send you a Bill that says Bomb Iran, and you say I dont know I am going to sign a bill saying Cut taxes.

If McCain wins, I realy realy realy hope he makes it threw his term becuse she is not ready in any way for this job. I could agree with her on evry issue and I would say that, she is not ready.

I saw things pretty much the same way.

The expectations of Palin were so low and she didn't fall off the stage or anything. She didn't answer a lot of the questions (even said she wasn't going to at one point) and fell back into that rambling Wasilla talk quite a few times.

I thought Joe Biden really came through for his ticket. I was really proud of the job he did. He wasn't condescending but he still kept the pressure on with actual dates & amounts & times & McCain's voting record & McCain's support of Bush.

He promoted his team well and really talked to middle class America directly. He was the Statesman hands down and looked every inch a Vice President... or President for that matter.

Palin just could not reach either of those two bars. She looked very credible as someone running for a small to medium size town Mayor down here in the lower 48. But that's not going to get it.

I was disturbed by her agreement with Cheney's opinion that the VP should have extra powers not set forth anywhere in the Constitution. And Biden nailed her good on that.

Oh and one the "Maverick" thing... come on!!!
NO ONE CALLS THEIR SELF A MAVERICK! That's like some guy going on TV and calling themselves a STUD!

If others call you a Maverick or a Stud or if you're a girl a Fox that's one thing. But no one in their right mind that's not totally desperate for attention CALLS THEMSELVES THAT for Christ sake!!!

That's was embarrassing for her. I guess we just wait now and see what Saturday Night Live picks up on.

If McCain wins, I realy realy realy hope he makes it threw his term becuse she is not ready in any way for this job. I could agree with her on evry issue and I would say that, she is not ready.

This is EXACTLY how I feel about the messiah, except that if he gets elected we are stuck with him from day one, I cant even hope for someone to live thorugh the term.

This is EXACTLY how I feel about the messiah, except that if he gets elected we are stuck with him from day one, I cant even hope for someone to live thorugh the term.

and on what basis do you say he is not ready? you act like he was on the city council before. State Senate for 7 years, 3 years in the US Senate. I would agree if you said you wished he had more, but you act like he did nothing at all before.

and on what basis do you say he is not ready? you act like he was on the city council before. State Senate for 7 years, 3 years in the US Senate. I would agree if you said you wished he had more, but you act like he did nothing at all before.

He was a state senator for 5 years before he started running for his current job. he was in his current job less than 200 days before he started running for president full time. While a state senator he did nothing important, as a US senator he has done what? nothing that qualifies him to be president.

Even his own running mate said he was not ready

She put Joe Biden against the ropes right away when she told him: Didn't you say that paying taxes is being patriotic? Joe just sarcastically smiled and let it go. She then came back and told him: Didn't you say that being a president is an on the job experience type of thing and you said that Obama does not have any experience to be a president.

Werbung:
Back