Who will McCain/Obama Pick

BigRob

Thoughts, predictions?

I think McCain will pick Tom Ridge or Mitt Romney. I hope to God he does not pick Jindal as he looks like a rookie compared to Obama.

As for Obama, I think Richardson would be a good pick for him, Biden could be good, but I do not see him adding the same appeal that Richardson does, but who knows.

Werbung:
Mitt for McCain, Buiness?econ backgroun and can appeal to the Christian Right a bit more, even if Mormon.

Biden for Obama. Biden adds perfectly to the area that Obama is veiwed as weak, and helps even more with moderates, whites and Labor,

Mitt appeal to christian right? You've been away from church too long. Most conservative christians consider mormanism a cult and the followers of a false prophet. Even Ridge with his pro abortion stance would be preferable to the christian right. Ridge would even give McCain a better shot at Pennsylvania. But your probably right, he will choose Mitt. After all, the christian right has demonized the democrats for so long that they believe it. They have nowhere to go no matter who McCain chooses.

Biden is a lot more valuable to the country where he's at. I'd hate to lose his expertise in the senate. Richardson would probably give Obama a better shot with Hispanics. But that would probably make the ticket to ethnic. I suppose he could choose Hillary just as an insurance policy against impeachment and/or assasination.

My prediction is McCain in 08 and Mitt in 09. I'll be surprised if McCain doesn't die of old age before the election.

For McCain, I think he will likely choose Romney. There is a lessening in the drive by some people to have Alaska Governor Sarah Palin be his running mate. I think she is likely out of the running at this point. But there was quite a bit of chatter a month ago.

As for Obama, I really like Biden, and I also like Richardson. I am hoping one will be named on the ticket and the other be SecState.

Mitt appeal to christian right? You've been away from church too long. Most conservative christians consider mormanism a cult and the followers of a false prophet. Even Ridge with his pro abortion stance would be preferable to the christian right. Ridge would even give McCain a better shot at Pennsylvania. But your probably right, he will choose Mitt. After all, the christian right has demonized the democrats for so long that they believe it. They have nowhere to go no matter who McCain chooses.

Biden is a lot more valuable to the country where he's at. I'd hate to lose his expertise in the senate. Richardson would probably give Obama a better shot with Hispanics. But that would probably make the ticket to ethnic. I suppose he could choose Hillary just as an insurance policy against impeachment and/or assasination.

My prediction is McCain in 08 and Mitt in 09. I'll be surprised if McCain doesn't die of old age before the election.

away from church? like I ever went to Church. But he does seem to get some credibility with the more mainstream of the Christian right for talking about morals and values crap, More he gets Business people, but he helps the Christian side a bit as well.

Also I dont know if a Black/Hispanic ticket is realy going to rally some of the white labor that Obama is weak in, while Biden gets him the same Secuirty Cred. That said I do like Biden in the Senate if he is not, but hope if he is higher he can be a very powerfull , but good VP.

Thoughts, predictions?

I think McCain will pick Tom Ridge or Mitt Romney. I hope to God he does not pick Jindal as he looks like a rookie compared to Obama.

As for Obama, I think Richardson would be a good pick for him, Biden could be good, but I do not see him adding the same appeal that Richardson does, but who knows.

Jindal is a bit on the strange side, he believes in demons and has participated in exorcisms:

in an essay Jindal wrote in 1994 for the New Oxford Review, a serious right-wing Catholic journal, Jindal narrated a bizarre story of a personal encounter with a demon, in which he participated in an exorcism with a group of college friends. And not only did they cast out the supernatural spirit that had possessed his friend, Jindal wrote that he believes that their ritual may well have cured her cancer.

Of course considering the way the religious right of the Republican party thinks Jindal might be just what they're looking for...a religious loon. Whoops! I forgot, Jindals's Catholic, cross him out.

http://tpmelectioncentral.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/06/bobby_jindals_dance_with_the_d.php

McCain Earns the Romney Shaft

Reagan Conservative Romney was referred to as “pig”, in the primaries, by the leading Podhoretz Neo-Conservative McCain; but now that Obama is winning, Neo-Con McCain is on his knees, and desperately seeks Romney for his best friend and VP? Shall Romney give him the shaft, for God and Country, or shall he dishonor himself?

Werbung:
Thoughts, predictions?

I wouldn't be good at picking McCain's running mate. So I won't even try. But I've heard your picks mentioned.

And I agree that both of your Democratic picks are strong possibilities. Both have excellent foreign policy cred. Richardson has the Hispanic thing going and also helps with our big push out west.

And I've always liked Biden's plain speaking way of getting a point across. Also hear Biden and Senator Obama really get along exceptionally well.

With Webb & Clark seemingly out of the mix... could very well be one you mention. Good post...

Back